So your removing Tier from LFR

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
Eventually, but for now your going to exclude "wanted" items instead so more people will have to do flex/norm/hero?
Well I think the rationale is more so that less people will have to do LFR.

But really, nobody has do anything if they don't want to do it.
Eventually, but for now your going to exclude "wanted" items instead so more people will have to do flex/norm/hero?

It actually removes the "mandatory" need to run that content for hardcore progression guilds.
06/13/2013 07:12 AMPosted by Ritalynn

Actually, no. Here's the source:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7616602806?page=2#26

lol wow, oh well doesn't really effect much. Big deal people won't have set bonuses, they will still have full epics.

IMO people should still be happy they get free loot.

Yeah, I predict a storm of QQ from LFR raiders about feeling forced to do F/N/H raids.
Well, they COULD make the tier gear from LFR not active set bonuses for other raid levels. Then LFR folks still get their tier but other raiders won't be farming to get that bonus.

lol wow, oh well doesn't really effect much. Big deal people won't have set bonuses, they will still have full epics.

IMO people should still be happy they get free loot.

Yeah, I predict a storm of QQ from LFR raiders about feeling forced to do F/N/H raids.

Yeah if only people would step back and think, "if i'm not raiding hard content, why do I need gear that good"

But they will never quit with the "gimme gimme gimme I deserve it" attitudes.
I guess, it just sucks for lfr heroes like me that can only do lfr. I look forward to it so I can "pretend" I to be cool lol. I would imagine taking out tier or weapon sets will cause quite a few folks to stop caring about it. Which I guess the goal is to force people to flex if you want cool stuff.
Number one who gives a darn what someone else is wearing and what they do with it. In this game gearing is a way of progressing. Number two, not all people in LFR are saying "Give me give me give me" and not all are afk'ing through it. I know, personally, some friends who were hardcore raiders that now just do it because they don't have time nor want to be hardcore, but still want progression. Number three, people aren't forced to do LFR. Guess what even when I was progressive raiding, I did LFR when I wanted to and some weeks, didn't bother with it. Was I kicked from my group? No. Did I want those tier set bonuses, well of course, and I would run it as I felt the need to and try for them. Never did I feel "forced" to do all forms of raiding content. But then, I'm not a bleeding edge raider either, I play to have fun and to progress my character and to see the story.

So no, I don't think they should remove tier from it. I don't think we should give all the "good" stuff to flex because some people may not be able to do flex because of scheduling. I know people who work midnight shifts or are on call and flex isn't really going to work for them. Should they suffer because "OMG people haz purplez!"?

If you can't control yourself, that's your fault. Even I learned that as I tried to do all the dailies I could and do all the content I could and nearly burned myself out. It's a choice, stop wanting to take choices away from people.
Number one who gives a darn what someone else is wearing and what they do with it. In this game gearing is a way of progressing. Number two, not all people in LFR are saying "Give me give me give me" and not all are afk'ing through it. I know, personally, some friends who were hardcore raiders that now just do it because they don't have time nor want to be hardcore, but still want progression. Number three, people aren't forced to do LFR. Guess what even when I was progressive raiding, I did LFR when I wanted to and some weeks, didn't bother with it. Was I kicked from my group? No. Did I want those tier set bonuses, well of course, and I would run it as I felt the need to and try for them. Never did I feel "forced" to do all forms of raiding content. But then, I'm not a bleeding edge raider either, I play to have fun and to progress my character and to see the story.

So no, I don't think they should remove tier from it. I don't think we should give all the "good" stuff to flex because some people may not be able to do flex because of scheduling. I know people who work midnight shifts or are on call and flex isn't really going to work for them. Should they suffer because "OMG people haz purplez!"?

If you can't control yourself, that's your fault. Even I learned that as I tried to do all the dailies I could and do all the content I could and nearly burned myself out. It's a choice, stop wanting to take choices away from people.

But if you're getting gear, you're getting gear. Why should i matter if it has a meh 2 set bonus and meh 4 set bonus?
Blizzard has said No on Tier removal, actually. So yes, it's a rump pull.

Yeah if only people would step back and think, "if i'm not raiding hard content, why do I need gear that good"

It's crap ilevel that will never compete with a raiders gear. It allows me at least to think of my character as progressing. Tier and weapons is what defines a character with mismatch gear I'd care alot less and lose interest quickly. I raided vanilla-wrath. But I only have time to lfr now. Its sub par gear that doesn't really effect anyone but me. Without tier and weapons progression I don't think I would run lfr which would mean I wouldn't be playing.
We know that Tier and Legendary items are both very appealing to all types of raiders, but removing either of those from LFR at this point in time would tamper with the consistency of this expansion, there are a lot of players that rely solely on LFR to get those items and they are expecting LFR to continue to have the same sort of philosophy and design until at least the end of the expansion. Drastic and unexpected changes that impact negatively on parts of the player base is something we should try to avoid as much as possible.
Ughhhh, I don't want to do normal a million times just so I can get a nice looking set. At least leave some statless but xmoggable tier pieces.
The other versions of the raid already have better rewards even when factoring in tier, so why remove them? Flex raids will NOT be an alternative to LFR for a lot of people.

There are already "prestige" and other incentives with normals/heroics without gutting good things you can get in LFR. What a joke.

You know, you ''real'' raiders could just stop QQ about having to do LFR, but no, lets just blame someone else!!! Your argument isn't any better than the LFR people. Next!
The other versions of the raid already have better rewards even when factoring in tier, so why remove them?

I can think of two reasons:

(1) Tier bonuses are too valuable in PvP, even with item scaling. So they want to make tier harder to get.

(2) The gear upgrades available in higher versions didn't, in practice, inspire all that many people to move beyond LFR. Worse, LFR raiders appear to not be very "sticky", since they don't have a raid team depending on them. So the devs likely feel they have to increase the bonus for moving to non-LFR raiding (and specifically, to flex mode raiding.)
But if you're getting gear, you're getting gear. Why should i matter if it has a meh 2 set bonus and meh 4 set bonus?

So let me ask you, if it's so "meh" why do people say they are "forced" to do it to help fill in tier gear "gaps"?

Also, I'm just tired of things being taken out of the game that really doesn't need to be taken out of the game.

(PS, my two set bonus? it's awful nice to have 1,800 extra haste, mastery, crit whenever my alter time expires, an extra 5% crit chance on Pyroblast from my four set is awful nice too)