HCT 16: I.W.I.N.

Hunter
Prev 1 13 14 15 26 Next
Giant stalker goes well on a male nightelf with a mustache. I enjoy demon stalker a good bit too, and would use beast lord more if the helm would show up on the amory.
I can't wait to look like a short Big Daddy from Bioshock in the next tier as someone posted a while ago.
WHY DID YOUR BNET NOT BLOW UP

I think we were all tired. I did say something though!
How did I just discover I Fight Dragons?
My favorite hunter tier is still 10 (the purple heroic variant), I just really liked looking like a Beetle Borg.
So in that "Phoenix Hunter pet" thread, since it didn't get locked, I'm going to take a shot every time someone quotes and attacks one of the 2 year old posts.
I commented in it, constructively, I don't count for a shot i believe.
You most certainly do not!
How many comments have counted yet? Most debate / criticizim has been among new posters, or my posts. Hasn't been about old posts yet.
I take shots every day.
After what seems like forever, Durumu is finally down tonight, and then we proceeded to one-shot Primordius! Time to learn Dark Animus...

EDIT: ...And our healer disconnected from WoW and was unable to connect again, even though the internet was fine for Mumble and everything else. Blah. :( We were starting to understand the beginning phase too.
Looks like I got to start a day earlier. Didn't brew anything, but I worked the free samples booth out in the food court with my supervisor. Feels good to get back into the swing of sales (I genuinely enjoy the rush of being a salesman). Not to mention I made a good impression on my co workers.

After that I did dishes, they showed me where stuff was, and I was sent home.

All in all a productive day.
How many comments have counted yet? Most debate / criticizim has been among new posters, or my posts. Hasn't been about old posts yet.

None yet. I am disappoint :(

I take shots every day.

Shot buddy c:

06/27/2013 06:19 PMPosted by Neilaren
Durumu is finally down tonight, and then we proceeded to one-shot Primordius!

Wow nicely done, sorry to hear about the healer :x

All in all a productive day.

I take it you are enjoying yourself then?

And on Leo's front, she has a sick BF that she must attend to. Who needs kids when you've got a BF?
Who needs kids when you've got a BF?

I can think of a few reasons...

After what seems like forever, Durumu is finally down tonight, and then we proceeded to one-shot Primordius! Time to learn Dark Animus...

Congrats! But...that Hit rating. I'm still surprised by how poorly itemized this tier.

06/27/2013 06:52 PMPosted by Yjjial
Didn't brew anything,

Does this mean you work at a brewery and I can pester you for free booze?
On monday, we finaly downed maegra. Before I continue, i need to state the drama we had on friday that potentialy led to our being able to down it, along with a few suprises.

We were having issues with the green red green red method (healers were running out of mana), and the raid lead, healers, and tanks were debating changing to green red blue, when our newer ret pally decided to voice his issues. First, he started pointing out the over healing the healers were doing, claiming a different guild he had run with before didn't do that (18%, 21% for the holly priest, shaman was getting it with healing rain, pally was getting it with beacon of light, they were with in very acceptable ranges). When the healers started pointing out what was causing the over healing and that there was little they coul deal, he started cursing us out, refusing to budge, and when the dk tank got involved telling him to shut up and allow others to talk, he shouted "who said that" when the dk tank (real raid lead, although pally healer is the old one and still makes more decisions) said it was him, the ret pally continued "WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING?", (DK response hes a defense contractor, and has served before overseas), at which point the Ret pally began insulting the sacrifices of our military personnel, at which point the holly pally and GM (who were in the raid as well and getting drowned out), Took measures, using vent control to tone down the rets volume, told him he could go to X guild that he was citing if he wanted to do things his way, that we were doing things our way, and that the healers were doing their job and he should do his.

At this point, 3 raid members had bailed from the raid, logged out of vent, and got on alts as they weren't interested in putting up with the drama. Before long, the ret pally had been kicked from the guild, along with his alts. (wasn't a big loss, I hadn't payed attention to his dps, as distance can cause issues on dps meters, but the furry warrior said his dps was bad (60-70k), and the rest of the team was glad we got rid of him before he was more critical to the raid team.)

Then we brought in the MM hunter, only things had changed since last I ran with him, he had done research, practiced, and now was running in BM, (i will still refer to him as MM just for consistency), and is now pulling over 100k (somehow im still beating him in dps in SV by about 10k, but ive been playing BM/SV for a while, and I am countering known pet AI bugs better than him I bet). Im still on his ignore list though.

Sunday, we were ranged heavy, had one of our weaker mages in group, and tried out green red blue. We got down to 2 heads remaining. Any time we had breaks or were clearing trash, we were cracking jokes about the ret (talking bout the DK over healing, and making up weird jobs to be doing for a living.)

Monday, we had an older ret pally (who pulls great dps) in group, along with our fire mage, furry warrior, the MM hunter (runing in BM), and me as dps. We did green red blue again. On the last pull of the night, We got it down to the last head with 4 dps up. DPS began dying as healers kept getting targeted with the Beam. At the end, the holy priest died and whent spirit form and i was the only one alive, and the last head was at 3% health (with some dots on it), I quickly recast SS and BA, popped deterrence, and barely held out long enough for maegra to die.

We are definitely going to be trolling that ret showing how we were able to down maegra after he left.
Then we brought in the MM hunter, only things had changed since last I ran with him, he had done research, practiced, and now was running in BM, (i will still refer to him as MM just for consistency), and is now pulling over 100k (somehow im still beating him in dps in SV by about 10k, but ive been playing BM/SV for a while, and I am countering known pet AI bugs better than him I bet). Im still on his ignore list though.

Maggy seems to be bad for pets because they can get stuck in a boss's frontal cone. At least that has been my experience in LFR, because I don't get to do normal modes on my Hunter anymore (/sadpanda).

06/28/2013 08:08 AMPosted by Eurugan
We were having issues with the green red green red method (healers were running out of mana), and the raid lead, healers, and tanks were debating changing to green red blue, when our newer ret pally decided to voice his issues.

(I don't feel like quoting the whole thing) I would have bailed too. Also, the rest of this paragraph is why raid leaders need to be liberal with the mute function in Vent or Mumble. It might seem heavy-handed and authoritarian, but it's one of the only tools available to deal with people intent on causing issues.
We brought in the MM that night as well, and those who left came back after we got ahold of them, but it cost us about 30 mins of raid time.
That story was definitely worth reading, grats man!

It might seem heavy-handed and authoritarian, but it's one of the only tools available to deal with people intent on causing issues.

I mute our prot pally/fury warrior when they don't shut up.
I did it during council prog once and the paladin was like "I tried calling out taunts but I was muted"
I just loled.
My guild doesnt try to mute anyone, so the controls aren't readily available. And we want clear communication (healers and tanks can miss a dps dying, and we often need all of our dps alive in order to down bosses), we are not extending this week as we think we need more gear. Id love to get ahold of the trinket from council, and the boots and bow from tortos, or to win the haunting spirits for a pair of boots whenever we get around to doing that.
I haven't had to make use of admin privileges yet. I'm glad my team is business oriented during boss fights.