Anyone else think Ret is terrible these days?

Paladin
I enjoyed playing ret back during The Burning Crusade. The burst damage was a blast in battle grounds, and I was able to hold my own on boss fights. We might have gotten used to being a bit overpowered during Wrath of the Lich King, but the rotation was simple enough to be able to also play a utility role while doing respectable damage. Getting hit with a nerf bat would make some sense, but holy power wasn't the right answer. In fact, it ruined the class for me, and I didn't return to it until a few weeks ago (I switched to prot, which is pretty well done.) The spec is still terrible. During raids, I spend the whole time watching my holy power and inquisition. My DPS is rather low too. I have an arms warrior who's geared up in full crafted dreadful gladiator's plate (ilvl 661,) and I can pull 15k-20k more dps than my paladin, who's ilvl is 483.

Anyone else finding the retribution spec extremely unfulfilling?
I enjoyed playing ret back during The Burning Crusade. The burst damage was a blast in battle grounds, and I was able to hold my own on boss fights. We might have gotten used to being a bit overpowered during Wrath of the Lich King, but the rotation was simple enough to be able to also play a utility role while doing respectable damage. Getting hit with a nerf bat would make some sense, but holy power wasn't the right answer. In fact, it ruined the class for me, and I didn't return to it until a few weeks ago (I switched to prot, which is pretty well done.) The spec is still terrible. During raids, I spend the whole time watching my holy power and inquisition. My DPS is rather low too. I have an arms warrior who's geared up in full crafted dreadful gladiator's plate (ilvl 661,) and I can pull 15k-20k more dps than my paladin, who's ilvl is 483.

lmfao you cant be serious.

Stop trolling.
This has to be a troll....

It's not two years ago.

We are better then we ever have been before.

06/10/2013 12:55 PMPosted by Cauchy
The spec is still terrible.

Not the spec, the player.
Yes, ret is terrible compared to the seal bug in Cata.
He's definitely trolling.
ilvl 661? ;p

No but really, if you have to watch Inq/HP full-time, you're not yet familiar enough with the spec to even say much about it.
Ret is so terrible that there's been complaints about us on the arena forums being too strong since 5.0, and frequent ones since 5.3.

If you're doing more dps on an arms warrior with 20 less ilvl, you have serious issues going on. Arms is easier to play than frost DK though.
Gurl you cray cray

Nope. Wife actually gave up on all her other toons for her Ret Pally and is loving it.

Stop being bad.
But....you don't raid.
Why do both your Prot and Ret specs have Eternal Flame? ._.