Why the 5.4 shadow priest nerf?

General Discussion
In 5.4, shadowform is losing its 15% damage reduction, which we've had since vanilla.

I am honestly puzzled by this change. Shadow priests are already sitting ducks in PvP, and this change will make it even more severe. Not only that, but this significantly hurts us in PvE as well.

I understand that these are early PTR notes, but it is extremely discouraging due to the fact that every shadow priest nerf on the PTR has made it to live in MoP.
This is again, what I am talking about. I think Ghostcrawler is seriously screwing up this game and causing a sub loss.
Im kinda confused as well. If I sit on a shadow priest, he is done. With this nerf, he is going to be dinner.
This makes me sad. And curious to know why Blizz wants to do this. What makes them think this is a good idea?
it's not just shadow priests.

ALL forms of ranged damage reduction are being reduced/cut such as fel armor, iron hawk, or shadow form.
As a boomkin, I feel your pain.
I'm currently leveling a shadow priest and a boomkin. This makes me sad. :(

ALL forms of ranged damage reduction are being reduced/cut such as fel armor, iron hawk, or shadow form.

Yes, but warlocks are not sitting ducks, aren't they?

Yes, but warlocks are not sitting ducks, aren't they?

Um.. If you are referring to warlocks being able to move and cast, S.Priests have several instant cast spells...

So if that was your point, you failed doubly as that talent for warlocks is going to be on a 1.5 min CD and only active for 10 sec..

Um.. If you are referring to warlocks being able to move and cast, S.Priests have several instant cast spells...

So if that was your point, you failed doubly as that talent for warlocks is going to be on a 1.5 min CD and only active for 10 sec..

No, I meant that warlocks are overall more powerful than spriests.

And the best dps spec for spriest is stationary (devouring plague+insanity) wich we have to ditch for the instant mind spike.

typos

Blizzard, instead of doing that, we could:

• Not do that.

• Um.. If you are referring to warlocks being able to move and cast, S.Priests have several instant cast spells...

*scratches head* What? I must be missing some of these instant cast spells... The only instant cast spells I have are sw:death which is only usable when the target is under 20% hp and sw:pain, which has been nerfed into oblivion.

Shadow has next to no damage while moving. SW:P spamming does absolutely pitiful damage and the only thing they can do outside of that is pray for an instant Mind Blast/Spike proc if they're specced into it.

This nerf is stupid beyond belief.
    They can't leave anything alone.
    It's some sort of obsessive compulsive disorder to constantly change things.

*scratches head* What? I must be missing some of these instant cast spells... The only instant cast spells I have are sw:death which is only usable when the target is under 20% hp and sw:pain, which has been nerfed into oblivion.

4 pvp pieces is getting nerfed too, I don't feel the love this year lol
    06/12/2013 10:23 AMPosted by Azikyr
    Um.. If you are referring to warlocks being able to move and cast,

No, it's more like Warlocks have their own personal tank (Voidwalker) so the mobs are attacking the VW, not the warlock. Priests have no such thing.
    It does seem like an uncalled for nerf.

I'm more upset and how SPriest is the worst leveling dps spec in the game until very high level. It even gets beaten out by the priest healing specs in DPS for most of it's leveling time.

Meanwhile, Discipline is going to be even more of a leveling spec with Reflective Shield getting a buff. While Shadow could also have reflective shield, its other abilities support a more kiting/slowing playstyle.