Why the 5.4 shadow priest nerf?

General Discussion
These changes are in place for two reasons:

1) Because Ranged DPS has the easiest job in the game in PvE as far as most fight mechanics are concerned. This change would create more of a penalty for standing in the fire, not reacting quick enough, etc.

2) Bring Ranged DPS classes more in line with melee DPS in BGs/RBGs, which are currently dominated by ranged classes due to ability mechanics.

Much needed, imo. And my hunter was my main until about 3 weeks ago.

I understand this for ranged classes such as hunters, but this does not apply to shadow priests. If anyone thinks that shadow priests are "dominating PvP" in any way/shape or form, then they are severely mislead. This is the issue with blanket nerfs. Removing the damage reduction component from shadow priests does not affect them the same way as it does for hunters.

This also applies to PvE as well. Shadow priests do not have the luxury of casting while moving, and our only instant cast spells are an execute for when the boss is below 20%, or our shadow word pain dot.
Once again. They said it was for pve reasons and not pvp reasons.
06/14/2013 12:56 PMPosted by Searc
Fact of the matter is arenas have ruined pvp for this game and they were the worst idea ever Also, the devs have gone on record saying that.

Where did they say that? I'd be interested to see that.

How can anyone say this is all because of arenas?

It's taken out of context, but I've seen that blue post as well. It wasn't that it was a mistake, nothing like that. It was just that they didn't expect Arena to turn out as it did (e.g. needing so many nerfs/buffs to classes to balance things out). It hadn't gone the way they wanted it to initially, be it the lack of participation for some seasons or the immense changes they had to do. Now though, it's basically a part of the game for good, so most people don't think twice at all about it being in question.
I recently posted some info on this topic on the PTR discussion forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9281758898?page=2#37

Please continue the discussion there.