MPPM: Direhorn Runt

Pet Battles
1 2 3 7 Next
You can't handle the cuteness!!

Well, maybe you can, but taming this little guy takes some serious determination. It's back to the Isle of Giants if you want one, and to those of you that have this adorable beast, tell us what you think!
I feel like this may become heated...
stunted direhorn > all
It's overp... I like it. I think they're a little bit too common from the Direhorns on the island though.

Beat it with the nerf bat!

/grabs popcorn
I hate seeing these pop up in PvP battles - especially when they do their "falling over in pain" animation. Poor things. :(

But they are super cute. <3
I like the pet, sweet model, but i think the drop rate are too high... Farming bones from around 6k to 9999 to get the White Raptor mount, i guess i may got around 15 runts... lol
Can the Blizz vets step in and have this little thing spayed or neutered?
Yeah, these guys are just to common. If they did not drop so much, I think it would make them a better pet.
Yeah, these guys are just to common. If they did not drop so much, I think it would make them a better pet.

I don't understand what drop rate has to do with quality of battle pet. People will farm them up no matter how good or bad the drop rate is purely because they're so durn powerful.
06/14/2013 04:44 PMPosted by Aeolyn

I don't understand what drop rate has to do with quality of battle pet. People will farm them up no matter how good or bad the drop rate is purely because they're so durn powerful.

"I want to feel like i have something rare." Syndrome
I do think that the OP'ness in the this pet comes from its team wide slow, paired with 50% to make you lose a turn and its truck hitting priority attack(with its damage buff).

I believe that in the 5.4 patch Trihorn Charge is getting a 1-round cooldown though, not sure how that would help since you just alternate between Charge and Horn Attack. A fix for that to maybe swap Horn Attack and Tramples spots so that you either take Horn Attack or Charge.
I love mine. I went for the H/S breed even though all I see are P/P in pvp. It already hits like a truck and I can choose the shield and still have it be faster or go first most of the time. I think the slight nerf coming up is justified but I don't think these pets are ridiculously OP or anything. They're just strong pvp pets for most of what people run in the meta game currently.

Swap teams with a mechanical, esp if you spec Minefield, are a very good counter for those of you having trouble beating this pet.
I have one and i simply love it its a ncie battle pet and well i just cant say no to dinosaurs, i like to have a dinosaur pet while having a dinosaur companion while riding a dinosaur mount, yes you herd i lieks dinos!
I think the Pet is really cute Crithto. I'm hoping to get one from LFR or by doing a lot of Pet Battle PVP.
Can I have one?

Arashi
Petsofwarcraft
I really like him. I love dinosaur pets, and he's definitely the cutest.
Overpowered pet, needs tuning. Currently running 3 just to farm quick, mindless wins for the Deadly Pet Brawler achieve.

Either put Horn Attack and Trihorn Charge on the same tier, or increase the cooldown of Horn Attack by a round. Increasing the CD of Trihorn Charge won't do much, seeing as the optimal rotation for this pet is to alternate using these two abilities.

Team-wide slow is also too good. With good rng, you can easily get an opponent's pet to 50% or lower when they pet swap.
This.

However my opinion of the pet in battling, is that it's a glass cannon that fires rockets. (Not quite, but that's the analogy)
Quality pet, but over-saturated in PvP, in some battlegroups. But, that is the "new fad" reaction to a solid pvp pet, so it is expected. I'll let mine sit and focus on having counters instead, for a while.
I think that people are just reacting negatively to the Direhorns because it is the strongest of the new pets and its moveset changes up the metagame in a manner that people have yet to get used to.

It was the same way when the Anubisath Idol stepped onto the scene; it is a pet that you simply need to be prepared to deal w/, and rather than do that, a lot of people would rather cry "nerf". The Zandalari raptors were a lot like this as well until people learned how to pick them apart.

Personally, I feel that the Direhorns are a great addition to the pet battle metagame and require a bit of thought on how to dispatch them w/out having your team torn apart.

Stax said it best; it's a glass cannon, it doesn't heal and is incredibly susceptible to CC moves. But if you go in thinking that you can just go head to head w/ the triceratops, well.. it's going to make you extinct.