WW Monk, Feral Druid

Monk
Im so torn.. I love the monk, and the mechanics.. but I keep hearing from friends how they are middle of the pack, and I cant say im too excited about how gimiky good monk dps is (raids) revolves around ReRo...

I also love my Feral.. always have, I love the diversity, and how I can go from tank to dps fluidly (my guild always had trouble finding tanks), or the option to go caster but I've yet to actually go boomchicken, my only problem is that thier dps/rotation compared to monks is sloooowwwwmootttion..

So the deal breaker fro me, will be.. I need advice from someone who has raided current content and seen both monks and druids in action in ToT. I havnt raided since DS, then I took a leave of absence when I moved (and tried to stay away from WoW, u saw how well that worked)

I love both chars so much, that which ever one helps my guild be more successful in raiding, will be the one I prefer to play (team player here) Thoughts? Advice?

go feral it will save you alot of pain and heart ache
I would have to say i LOVE the monk class and though their dps is dependent on ReRo and other factors (no real front burst, have to build your burst dps). I personally would say Monk but that is obviously going to be one sided. This class is fun as hell to play and more unique then any other class. I would warn you that down the line this class may get hit with a nerf stick (our healing has changed like 3 times since the release), so if you don't want to deal with that drama of learning new mechanics after patches i would say go Druid.
If you want to be more effective, I'd say Feral Druid, but remember that balancing can change at any time.... they're definitely some time in the future going to cater to their new class, since they failed at making hype for it (compared to DK).

They typically don't bring quirky trinkets like RoRo, tiny abom in a jar, etc that change your stat priorities back after they have had their fun. I'd just wait a few more patches and it should go away (although RoRo apparently might be good for the next tier as well, expect them to rebalance it by then though since they'll want you in current content gear).

As for Which is more fun? I am totally biased WW monk, I think you'd love it (be sure to get to lvl 60 ish first though!)
My monk is already 90, like 487 iLVL I just feel really .. worried? I guess.. I've gotten pretty luck w raid drops, Nalak and Oond and I keep hearing about how ppl have trouble getting spots in raids, and wonder if I should be putting this time into my Feral. I do love the fast paced Monk DPS rotation though, It certaintly keeps my fingers moving all fight.. in Feral its like Bleed, bleed, Buff, FF.. wait.. wait.. wait.. reapply.. ect ect..
they are middle of the pack

Irrelevant. Balance changes with every patch, every expansion.

You play what you find the most enjoyable with your style of play.

06/19/2013 02:36 AMPosted by Avengfule
I also love my Feral.. always have, I love the diversity, and how I can go from tank to dps fluidly (my guild always had trouble finding tanks), or the option to go caster but I've yet to actually go boomchicken, my only problem is that thier dps/rotation compared to monks is sloooowwwwmootttion..

Honestly, if you're more of a melee person, I'd suggest just staying with whichever class you enjoy the melee of more. And make a ranged alt if you ever want to. Moonkin has it's niche and all, but the tools it has are very limited compared to, say, a hunter or warlock.

And as someone who likes melee, perhaps you would find it easier to get into a ranged class like Hunter that can move around better than a moonkin can.

So the deal breaker fro me, will be.. I need advice from someone who has raided current content and seen both monks and druids in action in ToT.

*Flees*

Seriously though, if you don't have a monk to 90 but have a Druid at or close to 90, why not go with the Druid? Your guild mates are you friends, yes? What do you think is more important to them? The minute differences in performance, or your ability to actually play with them and not level up an alt?
I cant say im too excited about how gimiky good monk dps is (raids) revolves around ReRo...

Ferals also game RoRo.

Play what's more fun for you.

Or just reroll a warlock so people bring you to raids.
06/19/2013 10:07 AMPosted by Draile
they are middle of the pack

Irrelevant. Balance changes with every patch, every expansion.

You play what you find the most enjoyable with your style of play.

Honestly, if you're more of a melee person, I'd suggest just staying with whichever class you enjoy the melee of more. And make a ranged alt if you ever want to. Moonkin has it's niche and all, but the tools it has are very limited compared to, say, a hunter or warlock.

And as someone who likes melee, perhaps you would find it easier to get into a ranged class like Hunter that can move around better than a moonkin can.

So the deal breaker fro me, will be.. I need advice from someone who has raided current content and seen both monks and druids in action in ToT.

*Flees*

Seriously though, if you don't have a monk to 90 but have a Druid at or close to 90, why not go with the Druid? Your guild mates are you friends, yes? What do you think is more important to them? The minute differences in performance, or your ability to actually play with them and not level up an alt?

I have a monk, and a druid, and a hunter .. all 90 among other lvl 90 toons. I did play all characters to 90 (the druid I've had for years, as well as the hunter). Im not doing it for my friends. Im doing it because if Im raiding and underperforming because of my class.. Its going to bother me that Im not doing well.
From what people say: "If your guild iis not pushing for heroic progression, play w/e you have more fun and you'll be fine"

And well....even if your guild is pushing for heroic progression, i guess if you play better on your monk than any other of your 90's, the GL should pick your monk over the others you have.
WW dpsing is cake, moonkin dps is horrible, a joke and is getting nerfed in 5.4 for horrible reasons.