This Game Does Nothing To Teach Bad Players..

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 19 Next
I know what you mean. When I first started playing last December, I had no idea what I was doing, what to do, how to play or anything. I didn't complain, however. It wasn't until I started exploring around Stormwind and then found my current guild when I found out so much. I still don't know how to even PvP properly. My guildmates pointed me in the right direction for everything I asked. They told me to check out noxxic.com and askmrrobot.com and I learned how to play my class efficiently for PvE and dungeons.
I think that there should just be more guilds like that out there, that rely more on helpful people more than numbers and levels. I still don't know a bunch of stuff, and I can definitely be considered "bad" in some areas, but I know that my guildees can help me. So Blizzard could make it easier for people who complain, but for the problem with bad players, they just need to find the right people to help them.
06/18/2013 04:06 PMPosted by Judgernaught
More like 60% of the customers.

Oh so you are saying it would make good sense to alienate 60% of your customers?

Wow just wow.

Out content is made easier to suit you. Our raids are made to be cleared by us within days instead of months because of your inability to learn a little know how.

Make up your mind, first you say LFR is to easy and normal and heroic are much more difficult (I agree and that is how it should be) then you say because LFR is easy now normal and heroic aren't hard enough. So what is it? Or is it just whatever happens to suit your argument at the moment?

Correct, the game would be healthier as a whole if the ones who sub and unsub every other month would be removed.
I just wasted 20 mins of my life reading this.
06/18/2013 02:03 PMPosted by Shuku
This game does nothing to teach bad and new players how to become good at the game.

So you're mad because you're 4 tiers behind on Hardmode?
What I look for in a game now:

1) Story
2) Is it fun

If the game isn't fun and I'm getting frustrated it get's sold back to Game Stop and I tell them why. Masochism isn't fun.
Hear hear! It's only my imagination that (on the character profile under base stats) when I hover over "Int" on my DK, it says "This stat provides no benefit for your class"

And the debuff I get when I'm standing in AoE is a trick played on my by the monster to get me to run away. Let's not forget whenquests tell you to move inside of a ring to avoid some horrible AoE, beware the false warnings!
06/18/2013 03:54 PMPosted by Judgernaught
Again, if Blizz can prove that shifting focus can increase the chances of maximizing their ROI,

There is no way in hell you could convince any logical person that alienating and running off 90% of your customers could ever increase return on investment and if you truly think it would it is my opinion you are to far gone in delusion and we can stop wasting each others time right here and now.

Tell that to Mercedez, and any other high end brand that cater to the few.

Blizz's current market focus is losing them $22 million a month. That's after already losing 2 million last winter. That's over $50 million+ a month they are losing since April.

Back in LK times they had 12 million+ and back then they had the model that most people here are asking for. Seems pretty logical to me.

~ With no love for dog people, because they don't like cats more

Lola
Have you checked out the Patch 5.4 PTR notes yet?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10158897/

I think you may take particular interest in the Proving Grounds feature. It'll be a great way for players to learn some of the more complex (at least for beginners) aspects of gameplay, especially for tanks and healers. We're hoping to have some more info for you guys soon.
This is a great tool to help people become better. Blizzard is going in the right direction I feel (mostly)
06/18/2013 04:33 PMPosted by Lolacutie
Tell that to Mercedez, and any other high end brand that cater to the few.

You're okay with paying 150$ a month for your WoW account then?
I really like the Flex Raiding idea :) I don't raid anymore.. I'd love to get back into it. Reminds me of the days back in Wrath I started raiding with my guild for the first time, and how I was still learning the ropes. I'm rusty, so this will be good for me :) Just have to find a guild! lol

I think you may take particular interest in the Proving Grounds feature. It'll be a great way for players to learn some of the more complex (at least for beginners) aspects of gameplay, especially for tanks and healers. We're hoping to have some more info for you guys soon.

These same people don't make the effort to look up this information themselves online. I am going to go out on a limb and say this is just going to be a glorified target dummy feature that the audience you're making it for won't use it.
Other people care because more and more of these lazy good for nothing players are plaguing our servers. They are leeches. Other people care because THEY are the people have to carry them, because if we want to get anything done we have to weed our way though an army of bad players who don't care to learn. They want everything handed to them for free. They can't take 10 minutes to go online and learn a rotation a spec and how to gem and enchant, so why should we spend our time working hard and giving 100% while they do nothing and get carried the whole way there? Would it be fair if every time you joined a BG and half of them went AFK cause they still got rewarded anyway?

NO!

This game caters to that behavior though, a repercussion free way to do nothing and get rewarded.

IT NEEDS TO STOP!

Careful, with that diving helm on, the nose bleed you'll get being on your high horse will drown you.

Indeed I did take interest in the Proving Grounds feature, but who is to say that it will be used? Will this Proving Ground be used to gain access to raiding? Or will it just be some optional side quest that is needed like challenge mode?

My fear with this system is that, yea you will have a bunch of people showing off their skills as a tank or a dps, but who is to say that players who don't know a dagger from a mace will use such a system? Let alone know about it's existence. Where is their motivation to become a better player if they can just clear the content in LFR anyway?

They do not understand the thrill of downing a Heroic Boss.

I could understand if the proving grounds was something you needed to complete in order to gain access to raids, because then only players who have proven themselves worthy may enter the hardest of content. But it just seems like another Brawlers Guild thing that not many will use.

These same people don't make the effort to look up this information themselves online. I am going to go out on a limb and say this is just going to be a glorified target dummy feature that the audience you're making it for won't use it.

It's just there to help people learn their roles. It's not intended to be some literal requirement into group content (or I would hope not).

I'm hoping for healing circles in endless mode for us non self-healing types.
06/18/2013 04:46 PMPosted by Shuku
Assuming that these are all peoples mains, I find it interesting that the majority of people who have been against me the whole time have no normal raid achievements and their gear and raid progression are all LFR or worse.

It's not necessarily good to make such an assumption. For all you know some of these players were ones that used to do normal and heroic raiding but now, for whatever reason, have decided to go casual and just do LFR. They could be great players. Or they are great players that have no interest at all in doing normals or heroics. Bad idea to just assume.

I doubt any of you could even comprehend where I am coming from with this whole "the game is too easy" thing since even with the game as moronically easy as it is now, is still hard for you to wrap your head around now.

Condescension isn't going to win you any favors or prove any points you are trying to make. Basically telling someone, based on their armory, that they are too "stupid" to understand what you are saying is moronic in and of itself. Do I get what you are trying to say, well yes, the game is easier, but not completely easy. Has some things been simplified, well yes. But some of the simplification was warranted. Did we really need giant talent trees when we all picked the same things? Heck, we still do. The majority of raiding fire magi are going to have the same group of talents and glyphs that I have picked, maybe with slight variances. But hell, I love changing my talents on the fly to match what the encounter needs.

It used to be the community helped each other out and you could ask questions and someone would try to help us or direct us somewhere to help us. A new player now can be met with derision, trolling and smart !@# answers instead of someone simply telling them what they need to know. Or think when a new tank enters into a dungeon and tries to tank, most times they are told to $%^- and not complain because impatient BoA'ed "vets" don't want to take an extra five minutes in the dungeon to let a new tank learn. We've helped create this problem.
Blizz has done more than it's fair share to educate new players. Specs specifically say what roles they can play, and the spellbook even has a page telling people their basic rotation/priority system. Then there are all the emotes and stuff they put in game to tell people when a boss is about to do something dangerous and how to counter it. There is only so much handholding they can do. If a player wants to learn and improve their skill, they will on their own, like those of us who played in Vanilla/BC without all the handholding.