ATTENTION: Pallys, DKs, and Warriors!

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
Do you guys like... POLEARMS?! Well if so this thread is for YOU! Maybe you picked up a nice little Hellreaver while leveling through Outland. No? Well what about that Black Ice you picked up helping your friend do that EoE run? Maybe you just have a passion for Scythes (a lost weapon class to WoW) and find the Witch-Hunter's Harvester to be a beautiful model. These and MANY other beautiful Polearms are doomed to be wasted in our world.

Why? Well who uses Polearms? Hunters can't anymore, so that leaves Druids and Monks. Druids stay in their forms most of the time, so you don't ever see a Polearm, basically wasting it. I mean you can transmog it over a staff as Balance or Resto, but that isn't really widely done.

"But Reynic! What about Monks? They don't shapeshift right? Surely they are enough to appreciate the beauty of these weapons!"

Well kind citizen, you are mostly correct. But, well. Monks don't even USE their weapons. They sit idly on their back save for when using Jab. Hell, some Monks glyph Jab to not even USE a weapon. Also, a lot of Windwalkers prefer to dual wield.

So where does that leave us? Obviously with a lot of wasted Polearms that I'm sure other classes would graciously give good homes to.

What am I asking for? A feature that will hurt nobody, and serve to ONLY benefit people. A feature Blizzard has already opened the door to. I will now direct you to a change coming in 5.4.

Fury

Titan’s Grip now works with polearms.

^^^^^ THIS. RIGHT. HERE. Is EXACTLY what I wanted to see. Blizzard is okay with us USING Polearms. So why haven't they implemented them? Eh, as far as I know, it's because they don't like Polearm attack animations. (Who cares?)

This thread is an informal discussion to get either more Strength Polearms implemented in game (for both PvE and PvP) OR a much easier feature on Blizzard's part, allow us to transmog Polearms over Two-Handed Axes, Swords, and Maces.

I have already posted on all three of the classes forums who would benefit from this. C'mon guys, if we get enough backing? This could very well happen. Warlocks cried so much about the KJC nerf that Blizzard met them halfway. Blizzard LIKES our fun, just so long as "our" is a sizable group of people.

I implore you, if you would like to see this happen? Post here. For every beautiful polearm model wasted in a Druid's cat form I will be killing another innocent critter in Eversong Woods.

tl;dr:

I'm a freakin' Death Knight man, I want my scythe. Post here if you would also like to use Polearms on your plate-bearing Strength-using class.

You can support this thread by also posting in the respective class forum topics I made:
PTR Discussion: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9377138654#1
DK: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9344304838?page=1#0
Paladin: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9344554875?page=1#0
Warrior: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9344634832?page=1#0

UPDATE: I want to be clear in that this is NOT a petition, in conjoining with forum rules this is merely a discussion by the player-base to show Blizzard that a sizable portion of us would love this feature. Nothing more.

UPDATE2: We have something VERY promising in the works:
2hand to polearm transmog will be on 5.4?
Hopefully. I can't promise.

Source: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/342529310831288321
With any luck, this can happen, and if we are vocal about it, we can help it happen.

UPDATE3: Slow news on the subject lately, but we may have an interesting lead. I now direct you to a new item icon coming in 5.4:
http://media-azeroth.cursecdn.com/wow/icons/17153/large/inv_polearm_2h_pvphorde_a_01_upres.jpg

Okay now I'm sure you will speculate as to what significance this has, it's just a polearm right? Well, if you look at the item's URL, it clearly states "polearm_2h_pvp". So big deal, it might just be the new Grievous polearm right? Well no, because this is the icon for the Grievous (agility) Pike:
http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=102803

GRANTED (and far more likely), this could also merely be a new icon for the High Warlord's Pig Sticker. As it's icon is rather old, and the new icon is a spitting image of it. Though I'm not sure why they would randomly update such an old weapon's icon if they didn't intend to reuse it.
A spear would look good with this xmog...
I imagine the fact that they are specifically changing Titan's Grip to accommodate polearms is a decent clue that they are in fact considering bringing back Strength polearms already.
I imagine the fact that they are specifically changing Titan's Grip to accommodate polearms is a decent clue that they are in fact considering bringing back Strength polearms already.

Oh I'm sure, but what if they are doing this to see how the community reacts? I plan to aid in this. If we react well, and tell them we want this, that we WANT Strength Polearms or cross-moggable Polearms with other 2H melee weapons, we can very well make it happen.
This tier's strength polearm was such a tease.
"OMG STRENGTH POLEARMS ARE BACK!"

"HAHAHAHHA SHARED BOSS LOOT GOOD LUCK!"

And I support this thread.

I felt like Charlie Brown when he was getting ready to kick the football, and Blizzard was Lucy pulling it away at the last second.

A 0.5% chance to drop is bad and they should feel bad >:/

Oh yes but Bo-Ris was VERY much a step in the right direction. Despite being a nightmare to get ahold of, Blizzard threw us a bone. I believe this Fury change to be another attempt of theirs to test the waters for Polearms.

So let's show them we want em guys, keep the upvotes and support coming. I cannot do this alone.
It's a shame the Pandaren polearm/staff animations are so gorgeous and yet there are so few strength polearms.

However there are epic quality randomized polearms from scenario cache things, and Bo-Ris.

But I'd still like to see a couple more. I'd especially like to see pvp polearms for str dps.
Many a pretty polearm I have had to sell...I do support this
You jelly bro?
You jelly bro?

I am indeed sir, but won't you be sad to see that Polearm go next patch when you get an upgraded Sword, or Axe? Bo-Ris won't be viable forever, hell, with 5.4 on the way it won't be viable much longer at all.

It's not even viable in PvP in the LEAST save for WPvP.
06/21/2013 02:50 PMPosted by Reynic
You jelly bro?

I am indeed sir, but won't you be sad to see that Polearm go next patch when you get an upgraded Sword, or Axe? Bo-Ris won't be viable forever, hell, with 5.4 on the way it won't be viable much longer at all.

It's not even viable in PvP in the LEAST save for WPvP.

Thing is 5.4 isn't that close to coming out, at least as far as anyone knows.

Also I don't really care, most of the good weapon models, imo, are not polearms but swords/axes thus I don't really care to go back to them.
I wonder if there is a Polearm that would go nicely with this set... Or should I just stick with Endbringer?
Also I don't really care, most of the good weapon models, imo, are not polearms but swords/axes thus I don't really care to go back to them.

And that is your perogative which I respect my friend. But would more Polearms hurt you in the least? Or at the very slightest, would being able to cross-mog Polearms with swords/axes/maces hurt you?

Not at all, it would actually BENEFIT you. You say you prefer Swords/Axes? Great! If Blizzard implemented this change, you could turn your Bo-Ris or future polearms you are forced to use (on account of being upgrades) INTO those models you love.

This isn't just for people who like Polearms, it's for people like you who dislike them as well, you will never be forced to use one ever again.
I wonder if there is a Polearm that would go nicely with this set... Or should I just stick with Endbringer?

Kiril, Fury of Beasts or Hersir's Greatspear would both look GREAT with your set. =)
I'm sorry, but these are the WoW forums.

All arguments must be made with bias, cursing, name calling, hair pulling, e-peen waving texts of unbridled caps lock RAGE! Not this logical, fairly well though-out discussion. :P

On top though, HELL YEAH for more polearms, they're awesome.
You have my vote to get more sharp pointy sticks added to your collection.
my blood spec uses a polearm from ToT... I hate it and hate I have nothing I can transmog it too
But I already have a strength polearm...
THe last time I used a polearm that wasn't itemised terribly, it was a quest reward from winning an AV game.

My god, has it been that long?