So what's the best random bg class right now?

Battlegrounds
If you want to top the charts on damage done and also in kill-death ratio, what's the best class to be in a random bg?

Pretty much for solo queue.
hunter
dk
warlock
Destro
BM

Shadow Priests, Ele shams and Boomkins are good too if ur geared.
Thanks.

I think I'll try to do hunter then, since I have one.
Ooh yay another hunter../facepalm
I don't know why Ret never gets mentioned. As far as solo queueing I find it more enjoyable that on my hunter or DK. I'm usually top dmg done, near top on killing blows, and the amount of offhealing I do is pretty considerable for a hybrid class.
For pure scoreboard damage, hard to top dk.
Sporebat.
hunter
Hunter seems to be a pretty common sight these days. Some Battlegrounds, half the players are hunter. I have a hunter that I'm leveling and I honestly get bored playing him because it's a bit too simple nowadays. Started him in BC and slowly picked away. I can't believe how much the class has changed over the years. It's like a ranged rogue that can cast everything while moving. You see a lot of really bad hunters these days in BG's because it's the latest OP fad, but the really good ones just wreck people.

Warlocks seem pretty nasty now too. I see a lot of DK and a good number of Ret too.

I'm leveling a shadow priest to play around with because I think they are fun to play. They are easy to shut down if you focus them but if people ignore them... Faces melt.
BM hunters and frost mages. Also about 60% of healers are disc priests.
Every once in a while you see a geared ele shaman in a BG, and they usually outdamage everyone by x3. I've seen some absolutely stupid damage numbers put up by ele shammies, as well as killing blows.
I don't know why Ret never gets mentioned. As far as solo queueing I find it more enjoyable that on my hunter or DK. I'm usually top dmg done, near top on killing blows, and the amount of offhealing I do is pretty considerable for a hybrid class.

THANK you. I was going to say the same thing. It's like people can only mention FOTM classes with threads like these because they're considered the most difficult to deal with or they're OP.

Ret while being gear dependent can be one of the most unstoppable if not handled correctly. We've been called a Medic with a Shotgun. Not to mention we've also been called BG HERO'S for a reason, and now with every patch we're getting stronger and stronger.
Meh im always in the top 3, good enough for me. Stay in the fights and you will pull big numbers regardless of your class ( dps spec of course )

And to answer your question I would actually say feral druid. I have a mate who plays the class well and pulls stupid numbers and just refuses to die
For solo queues go Shadow Priest. You will have tons of heals and damage is insane.
Honestly, random BGs are a derpfest...doesn't matter what you choose, as long as you have half a brain!

I'd argue that a Ret that tops damage charts is probably not doing his job of peeling and off-healing partners. I could be wrong, but that's usually the case.

To answer the OP I'd say it's easily Frost DK. After that probably Boomkin/Warlock, maybe Ele.
Every once in a while you see a geared ele shaman in a BG, and they usually outdamage everyone by x3. I've seen some absolutely stupid damage numbers put up by ele shammies, as well as killing blows.

Yes but there are some in every class. Gear and skill obliterate the average joe.
just play destro lock and be a 1shot machine that is nearly unkillable in team fights due to rain of skill ember tap spam
06/24/2013 04:26 AMPosted by Livemonk

I'd argue that a Ret that tops damage charts is probably not doing his job of peeling and off-healing partners. I could be wrong, but that's usually the case.

To answer the OP I'd say it's easily Frost DK. After that probably Boomkin/Warlock, maybe Ele.

Yup, good ret will do a stupid amount of offhealing. I also like to spec into double hands and throw those out for people as well. Casters will love you.

The nice thing about ret is that you have to DO dmg to heal. Otherwise you go OOM in 2 casts. Since your biggest heal is an instant cast flash when spec'ed for it, you're not sacrificing too much dmg by switching focus for a second.

And yes, if healers are doing fine and i don't have to play defensively, i will go offensive and top dmg.

Bubuhdin pretty much summed it up as Ret being "random BG heroes".