Solo Sarth 3D 10?

Paladin
I can do 10 3D Drake but haven't been able to solo it 25 man. My Ret gear is only PvP though so I expect that to be the main problem.

I tried and tried to nail 25 man and while I could get close, I just couldn't close the deal. Every time I'd get to 1.3-1.6 mil HP left before immunity. And getting so close just made me try again and again and again.

Finally, I got a guildie and two-manned it. But in a few upgrades, I'm heading back just to prove that damn point.
~191k to solo 3d25 and get it when the first drake is landing.
Are you just looking for the mount or do you want to solo it for fun ? Because if it's for the mount I can just kill it for you. Takes like 5 minutes, 10 or 25man.
The first time I tried this on my ret I wiped. I changed my tactic a bit and beat it no problem the second time.

I went full out and used Holy Avenger with a Mogu Potion. If you need a heal use Lay on Hands...the longer the fight lasts the worse it is for you.

Also, don't forget that even though Sarth is old content he is a raid boss...so you need to be hit/exp capped.
Again, Grog, because I didn't get an answer, was your character reset or something? 'cause you're level five for some reason...
06/20/2013 03:07 PMPosted by Adelphie
I can do 10 3D Drake but haven't been able to solo it 25 man. My Ret gear is only PvP though so I expect that to be the main problem.

I've done it, so it's possible. I think I had 160k DPS to get him down before the immune phase(I can't remember exactly, it was awhile ago).

06/20/2013 03:15 PMPosted by Roahin

I tried and tried to nail 25 man and while I could get close, I just couldn't close the deal. Every time I'd get to 1.3-1.6 mil HP left before immunity. And getting so close just made me try again and again and again.

Finally, I got a guildie and two-manned it. But in a few upgrades, I'm heading back just to prove that damn point.

I'd figured I'd ask you both, were you trying in PvP gear as well? I was stupid and didn't think about it the first time and didn't reforge to meet the hit/exp cap which is only why I got him down to about half-health. I died, said screw it and did it 10 man. I'm gonna go back and reforge appropriately and see if that works. I think I only tried it with the food buff last time, I'll make sure I bring a flask as well.

It's good to see it can be done. My PvE spec is Prot so I never really accumulated much PvE gear for Ret. Makes me kinda regret passing up on some OS Ret gear so another guildie can have it.
If yer having a tough time, grab some mobs from the start and use them to make sure you have just refreshed inquistion and have 5 HoPo ready to go when you pull Sarth. Then you can go straight into maximum face wreckage.
My closest attempt was 300k with 516 ilvl, would have gotten it if the rng gods actually proced all the trinkets together.