Too many ninjars for the summer pet

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
Oh sweet.

Now I know what I'm going to do for the next few hours.

More like "Now I know what I'm going to do for the next few months". You thought the Minfernals were bad?

I ventured to Silithus in the early hours of the spawn of the Guardlings and there already were like 60+ people sitting there. Since then that number has consistently stayed at around 30 or so.

I've spent perhaps a total of 10 hours just sitting there staring at my minimap for that precious green paw to appear and so far I've not see a single one for a Guardling. A couple bugs and snakes appeared but that's about it. Mayhem ensues when those appear.

This is not going to be fun and I'm thinking I may not even get one before the summer is over. This is NOT going to make for a very pleasant summer Blizzard. The spawn rates SERIOUSLY need to be increased by something like an order of magnitude considering the huge demand and sheer number of people in each CRZ group vying for these pets.
06/20/2013 08:07 PMPosted by Eliil
ninjars

Is this the new breed of super ninjas for ToT?
isn't summer 3 months long >>
i got one. just remember grief-killing spawns you dont reach in time will just keep your competition higher :) let them have their small victory and count it as one less competitor for the next spawn
Increase the spawn rate of the pet that spawns only in summer in Silithus please, with CRZ, there are just too many ninjars so there's no point even trying.

Alternatively is it possible to zone it with someone from the Venture-Co, where CRZ is banned, though get there over real id/btag to be able to get one, or will I be unable to phase in?

Or at the very least Blizzard, please turn off CRZ for Silithius for summer, okay, ty.

It's supposed to be fairly rare. The spawn rate is determined while factoring in things like zone population (including how many people are coalesced cross-realm). Competition is to be expected.

These are things to consider when frustrated by not catching a rare spawn within the first few hours it starts spawning for the season.
06/21/2013 02:38 PMPosted by Zarhym
It's supposed to be fairly rare.

Wish I'd known that before I resubbed this month. Well played, sir, well played.

Edit for emphasis.

Also, YES, I have other problems. I've really got my biscuits burnt over the ethics of some of the things Blizz has done this month. Yes, I know CRZ and "Surprise!" rare pets are gameplay decisions, not ethical issues-but getting trolled when I've already lost so much respect makes me not want to be here at all.
These are things to consider when frustrated by not catching a rare spawn within the first few hours it starts spawning for the season.

The pet is already rare enough considering it's only available during one portion of the year, this is pointless frustration.

This and things like the Minfernal serve no purpose outside of frustration, turning people against each other as they seek it and simply baiting people to waste more time in the game.
It's only frustrating cause you want something rare right now.

Are you this upset about the rare drops from Ji-kun and Animus?
I managed to get a rare species one, only to be killed mid pet battle. >.>
Players: "Blizz, there's not enough world PvP! You suck!"

Blizz: "Fine, here's a few pets to get people out in the world, create world PvP and give you something "tangible" to fight over."

Players: "Blizz, there's other people in my MMO PvPing so it's hard for me to get something that's supposed to be difficult to obtain! You suck!"

Blizz: *sigh*
06/21/2013 02:43 PMPosted by Cadenbrie

The pet is already rare enough considering it's only available during one portion of the year, this is pointless frustration.

This and things like the Minfernal serve no purpose outside of frustration, turning people against each other as they seek it and simply baiting people to waste more time in the game.

This post sums up my opinions nicely.

2 pets that have very low spawn timers is enough to make this title exclusive.
We don't need a third that can only be caught for a portion of the year.
It's supposed to be fairly rare. The spawn rate is determined while factoring in things like zone population (including how many people are coalesced cross-realm). Competition is to be expected.

Any chance of making these rare pets unkillable? Competition for spawns is one thing, but people running around killing them is not competition.
There's a difference between "supposed to be rare" and frustrating game design. Frustrating game design is saying we're ok with having 100's of people farming the same location for hours, days, months, years...etc...because...we want it to be rare. Not frustrating game design is when its rare but you're only competing with a few people because you chose a server to begin with that is not high pop - just medium.

Frustrating game design is when the rarespawn finally spawns but someone else gets it first even though you clicked on it first...why? lag...

So not only do we compete with for spawn locations vs. 100s of people, but we have to pray we have a faster internet connection and insanely fast mouse clicking skills.

I dont know...at what point did you find "supposed to rare" - "fun" for the game?
Yep, I took a couple of characters on different servers to the area...and promptly logged. There's really no point to sitting there trying to get this in the near future. Note to Blizzard: working to get something == fun, mindless camping for hours and hours staring at the minimap != fun. Get it?
Zar, it's pretty much impossible to catch on Sargeras right now based we're CRZ-ed with Illidan and it's heavily camped. Even on the off chance we find one we just get ganked. If the spawn time is anything like Minfernal this will be a pain for more than just a couple of days.

You might be 100% right though, and perhaps I can revisit this thread in a week. I know LFR got a lot easier after those first couple of weeks. Rare spawns, however, are a completely different beast. If I tried to camp the +500 stat flask Pandaren rare in Valley on a Sargeras Horde it just wouldn't happen due to PVP, and if this pet is decently rare, PVP is going to make this the same way. Same with Galleon and Sha of Anger, Horde just don't get to kill it. There's definitely a somewhat larger chance for a battle pet though, but CRZ definitely is hampering it quite a bit.
06/21/2013 02:38 PMPosted by Zarhym
It's supposed to be fairly rare.

Why? What benefit is served by having open world pets be so difficult to find?