Azshara vs Lich King

Story Forum
Azshara. Former Tool of Sargas and current Tool of an Old God.

Arthas. Former Tool of the Legion (via the original creation of the Lich King on Draenor,) now just a (dead) Tool.

This is taken from another thread, but I was wondering who would win in a faction clash?

Also, is there undead naga and I missed it?
I assume we're speaking without the idea of levels? Given that Azshara has yet to appear, it would be logical to assume that her level would be higher than Arthas', thus rendering her the victor.

Further, are we certain that she's the tool of an old god? A bunch of naga were, I know, but they all seem to work rather independently as clans.
06/21/2013 09:40 PMPosted by Jadefrost

We've never seen an undead naga.

Illidan's failed attack on the Frozen Throne resulted in the deaths of many blood elves and many naga. The dead blood elves were raised into undeath as the Darkfallen... but as far as we know, none of the dead naga were reanimated.

Perhaps the naga are immune to undeath (for whatever reason)... or perhaps Blizzard just didn't want to bother making undead naga models. Who knows?
Arthas doesn't seem to be immune to strong magics. Illidan hurt him, for instance, and he was pretty pumped up on power.

Of course, Arthas before his death was likely stronger than he was when he fought Illidan, but in the same vein, Azshara was leaps and bounds ahead of Illidan.

Nozdormu says that it's a great achievement to even get Azshara to acknowledge you.

Theres a very good chance that Azshara would smoke Arthas where he stands, but I don't think the Naga could defeat the scourge.
I'm pretty sure Azshara is an order of magnitude (or more) above the LK. She was consorting directly with Sargeras.

Arthas. Former Tool of the Legion (via the original creation of the Lich King on Draenor,) now just a (dead) Tool.

This is taken from another thread, but I was wondering who would win in a faction clash?

Azharas Naga, together with a large army of Belves, Broken and Illidan already attacked the Lich King when he was at his weakest. They failed miserably. There you go

That was a small group of Naga, and judging by the way Vashj was refered to in Vash'jir, she seemed pretty low on the totem pole and only her mother's rank gave her any kind of pull.

Even so, Azshara had high ranking demons under her thumb and she even made Mannoroth back off in fear. She apparently was also able to sway demons to serve her personally and willingly even against their own masters.

So yeah, I think Azshara'd have the LK as her new toy before she decided to make him think that offing himself was a great idea.

Azharas Naga, together with a large army of Belves, Broken and Illidan already attacked the Lich King when he was at his weakest. They failed miserably. There you go

They also nearly killed Arthas, with the only reason he lived being Frostmourne was a sentient sword.
06/22/2013 03:08 PMPosted by Genbutnaked
They also nearly killed Arthas, with the only reason he lived being Frostmourne was a sentient sword.

But Arthas was not yet the LK, just a DK at the time and he still kicked their !@#

No, he got his !@# kicked.

As in, Illidan was going for the death blow, Arthas was helpless on the ground, writhing in pain, Froustmourne sent a message to Arthas and it enabled Arthas to strike.
Mannaroth once commented on Azshara when still a night elf was only equaled in power by Archimonde. There is no contest in a Lich King vs Azshara fight, Azshara would destroy the Lich King. We don't know how powerful she has become but it's safe to say probably as powerful as Kil'jaeden by now and Azshara doesn't need a complicated summoning process that Lich King could interrupt.
Out of the two, I'm personally not sure.

However, I will say that I think Azshara might win in a faction clash. The Lich King (both sides to him) wasn't more than about 100yrs or so total lifespan between the two. I'm guesstimating here. It's been told to us that Azshara was not only of the most powerful mages that ever lived, but she's been alive at least 10000 yrs.

We'll never know, but it would have come down to brawn vs brains. I'm not calling Blondie stupid (in this case at least,) but he was a solider and a leader of armies. Azshara bides her time, and waited for his death. She seems more tactical, at least when her hubris isn't help break apart the world.

**As a side note, I'd love to actually fight her in game come next xpac. If the Burning Legion is starting to rise again, I could hear her "True Luv" Saragas calling out to her. One quest in Darkshore isn't enough. The Horde should get their hits in on her too, particularly the blood elves. They owe her big time.**
Azshara was the most powerful mortal Mage to ever live when she was a night elf. Mannoroth admitted her power surpassed his then and only Archimonde or Sargeras could match her.

Now, as a naga queen and stated to be an Eternal, I think Azshara would rival Kil'jaeden (maybe even surpass)and certainly be much more powerful than the Lich King.
When they fought in Felwood, the death knight Arthas and the demon hunter Illidan were evenly matched. Illidan couldn't defeat Tichondrius until he got the power-up from the Skull of Gul'dan, but once he got that he became "more powerful than any of Archimonde's lieutenants".

When Illidan attacked the Frozen Throne, Ner'zhul gave Arthas all the power he could spare, making him more powerful than ever before. There are two versions of the ensuing fight. In TFT, Illidan was knocked out by the first blow Arthas landed. In RotLK, Illidan tanked that hit, assumed his demonic form and blasted Arthas with fel fireballs. Arthas still triumphed, but only because he caught Illidan off-guard when the elf thought he'd won. When Arthas donned the Helm of Domination he grew stronger still, since he gained the totality of the Lich King's power (rather than just a portion) and wasn't bleeding energy like Ner'zhul had been.

During the War of the Ancients, Mannoroth noted that Azshara's power exceeded his own but was not as great as Archimonde's. The only source that gave us any indication of her current power level was the RPG, which made her out to be roughly on par with the Lich King. Since then she has (presumably) captured Neptulon and acquired his trident (a weapon on par with Frostmourne).

Therefore...
Tier 1: Azshara (with Trident of Neptulon)
Tier 2: Archimonde, Arthas (Lich King), Azshara (naga queen)
Tier 3: Arthas (empowered), Azshara (night elf), Illidan (with Skull of Gul'dan)
Tier 4: Mannoroth, Tichondrius
Tier 5: Arthas (death knight), Illidan (demon hunter)
... Tool?

Azshara?

You've got to be kidding me. Azshara isn't a tool. Azshara's a tool user.

The Old Gods helped Azshara get power over the world's oceans. Azshara, for her part, didn't help them in any real way. She was absent from the final battle. She didn't even send a boss to Dragon Soul.

Them working together in Vashj'ir was an alliance - not a subservience. And if the Old Gods needed her and her Naga to help them beat Neptulon, then an Azshara who has become stronger than Neptulon has no reason to obey them at all.

She was probably giggling herself silly as she watched Deathwing die.

"Oh, my. How wonderfully amusing. They honestly thought I would help them!"

Azshara has never served anyone. When the burning legion came, she considered them her servants (and in Mannoroth's view, at least, she was stronger than anyone in it short of Archimonde, Kil'Jaeden, and Sargeras himself). She didn't call Sargeras "master". She thought that, in Sargeras, she finally found a peer.
Actually, she called him a few other things.

The queen glanced to the horizon. "The cleansing of my realm. I thought it would be done by now."

"Archimonde will see to it that it comes to pass, my queen."

"But I would like done before Sargeras comes! Wouldn't that make for a tremendous gift . . . for my intended?"

Warcraft: The Demon Soul

Azshara had been primping herself.

Oh, it was not that she was not already perfection incarnate -- even she knew that much -- but for once the queen had found someone worthy of more effort.

My Lord Sargeras is arriving! At last, one fit to be called my husband!

Not for a moment did Azshara question the sanity of her convictions. She who had mesmerized her subjects was herself mesmerized by the lord of the Legion.

Warcraft: The Demon Soul

Queen Azshara, overwhelmed by the terrible ecstasy of her magic, fell victim to Sargeras’ undeniable power, and agreed to grant him entrance to her world.

-- The War of the Ancients
Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, Manual

In Knaak's writing, she thought she was his blushing bride to be.