Do not merge Rp servers

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
Okay, I have seen a mass amount of forums supporting this server merging I am hearing about and from what I'm seeing aside from the arguments like name changing, and people who payed to switch servers and get away from the community of another server, the only other thing they are using to support this idea is pve and pvp advantages like more people to raid and what not. I'll admit merging would be good for pve and pvp servers, but they aren't the only type of players that are in this game.

Role playing servers are much deeper than pve and pvp servers. We're actually playing the game for more then just owning someone, getting cool gear, and graphics. We're playing world of warcraft for its lore and universe. Each role play realm over time developed a general feel and view on how to role play. Some servers followed lore to the letter others not at all. If you merge role play servers you will get two very different kinds of role players in one environment who will tear each other apart. Not only will you see people mass arguing over how role play in wow should be done, (Blizzard you really need to start letting god moders and lore breakers know they're wrong. You created this universe and the lore to be followed not ignored and broken.) there is still the matter of trolls, my server alone has plenty of them, people who generally despise rp and the people who participate in it. Blizzard have you seen moonguard? Why on earth would you ever merge another server with them? People say " Oh well its just goldshire" no that is a lie. I have many friends who while on matters of rp we do not see eye to eye I get along with well and they rp on moonguard, and they are blatant lore breakers. The only difference about the people on moonguard who don't rp in goldshire is they don't do erp (as much) and they have a more respectable form of lore breaking (if lore breaking can even be considered respectable). I for don't want to see naked people dancing on the table of an inn that I'm trying to rp in, and don't give em the ignore button argument, that doesn't stop you from seeing them naked and dancing. Blizzard even encouraged trolling by adding features and items that allow other players to control your character like that annoying ball kicking thing and item that makes those around you dance. And if you're fighting for the mmo experience and feel of playing, why do servers exist? I mean servers are partially there to allow a customer to select the kind of people he or she wishes to be around. It defeats the mmo experience if everyone you come in contact with is a troll or in th case of role playing servers, god moders.

All I'm saying is server merge shouldn't be done for rp servers, its a terrible terrible idea
I think you're just bringing your server rivalry and making that into an argument against.
Its not server rivalry, its the truth. History has shown when two very different types of people with two very different view points come together, chaos and arguments are bound to happen
06/23/2013 03:36 PMPosted by Xaligos
Oh how cute ^_^ Someone from WrA hopping on their high horse~ Aren't you adorable~!

This is exactly what I mean, you can't merge two different types of role players.

You aren't WrA, just as I am not MG.

To say that one person IS the end all be all of what IS their server is just stupidity taken to an extreme.
Its not server rivalry, its the truth. History has shown when two very different types of people with two very different view points come together, chaos and arguments are bound to happen

IE a rivalry. C'mon, it will be fun. Show MG who's the best in the RP scene! Or something.
Well this is an embarrassed for your play-style moment. >.<

Yep. RP - so successful that when you ask about for what server to roll on - only two come up. Nope. No need for VR. Clearly. <sighs>
Someone is mad that no one wants to cyber with them in goldshire inn. :(
No you're not Moonguard and I am not Wyrmrest Accord, but you have to say something other then taunting troll comments and provide a good reason to merge rp servers, because I do not see the benefit. If blizzard wants more players then come up with new ideas.
No you're not Moonguard and I am not Wyrmrest Accord, but you have to say something other then taunting troll comments and provide a good reason to merge rp servers, because I do not see the benefit. If blizzard wants more players then come up with new ideas.

You don't see the benefit because you are only thinking of yourself. Yes it will be exciting and frustrating and all of the nightmares you've had about it - but in the end it's an opportunity to further consolidate the RP community and reclaim the dedicated space that Blizzard has provided.

Also - it is most likely that the smaller servers will be distributed between the two larger servers. So your largest fear is doubtful. However, we won't know until we know, I'll give you that.
I'm of the opinion that mega servers like Moon Guard and Wyrmrest should be kept separate, and each Virtual Realmed with the smaller RP realms.

Say Moon Guard & Sisters of Elune get together, while Wyrmrest and Scarlet Crusade get hitched?

This way the two smaller RP realms (as listed) get the population infusion they need, while we don't end up with one massive glob of players in one VR. Pushing two huge mega-realms together like WrA and MG is just a bad idea.
Say Moon Guard & Sisters of Elune get together, while Wyrmrest and Scarlet Crusade get hitched?

I think VR is dealing with much larger merger numbers. I'd take all of our CRZ partners and divide by 2.
Say Moon Guard & Sisters of Elune get together

My Alliance toons are on Sisters of Elune, and I just want to give a resounding NO here.
You don't see the benefit because you are only thinking of yourself

We have never met before in our lives, never role played, never typed to each other before now. There is no way you could know that I am only thinking of myself, and don't say my article gives you that impression because I referenced to myself. I'll have you know I am not thinking of myself, I am thinking about the survival of world of warcraft's role play community. As someone who has purchased stock in Blizzard i have to keep track of their sales and just what is going on and they lost a lot of subscribers recently. And more and more people that i know are leaving because of the community on their servers. Now my fear isn't that WRA and MG will be merged. I doubt that will happen, in fact my argument wasn't really centered around moonguard if you actually read it. I simply used moonguard (an infamous and notorious server that many know about) as an example. Hey, your sever earned its reputation. At any rate my argument was that different rp servers have developed in general different concepts and view point son how rp should be done. Merging us will solve the problem of numbers, but that's the only thing that will be solved. The communities should not suffer for blizzard loss of customers.
06/23/2013 03:56 PMPosted by Xaligos
I'll have you know I am not thinking of myself, I am thinking about the survival of world of warcraft's role play community.

Thing is, though, regardless of whether or not this is true, there is the possibility that you're lying, and therefore no one will think you're truly just suggesting this for the sake of the game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKI0xrzEJsI
Say Moon Guard & Sisters of Elune get together

My Alliance toons are on Sisters of Elune, and I just want to give a resounding NO here.

Yeah, I've got some Alliance toons on Sisters of Elune and Horde toons on Cenarion Circle. I'd like it if both of those were merged with WrA, but somebody's gotta share with MG...I guess we'll see.
Thing is, though, regardless of whether or not this is true, there is the possibility that you're lying, and therefore no one will think you're truly just suggesting this for the sake of the game.

You make a fair point, and i can't convince you in anyway that I can think of on the spot but, I just have to hope blizzard will really take at least another two expansion packs to consider this. I mean really think this over, the cross realm thing is bad enough. I can't rp in many of the places I used to because how many sheer random people are jumping around half naked or what have you. Arathi Highlands, Elywnn, Westfall, Redridge, Eastern Plaguelands, all servers i remember role playing on regularly until one day a mass amount of people form different servers where just there trolling and jumping around. These things might not bug pve or pvper son rp servers but tis an rp server so i would expect more mature rp environments