Do not merge Rp servers

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 9 Next
Each large RP server has their own "Community" with canon lore that has transpired Via events, as well as well known role players in their communities who've made an impact. To mix the two together would cause the stories created on each server to clash, thus causing very bad friction between the role players who do heavy story-driven RP.

This stuff doesn't effect the RPers who stand around in Silvermoon all day, completely ignoring story lines and what not because all they care about is how pretty their character looks. And it also doesn't effect those "Cat Clan", "town Rpers", "Family Rpers" and other some-such Paper-doll role players that run around.

The problem I have here is that a group of RPers with years of ongoing stories and events think their story is the only one that matters. For anyone new to try and get involved they are scorned for not knowing the past events of that story. Then you come here and claim those rp events on your server are better rp and the only rp that matters. Everyone else is 'just standing around looking pretty.'

That is dismissive as hell and not at all a way to get people to want to participate in what you define as 'good' rp. You scorn them for ignoring storylines they've never been a part of. You act as though those storytelling where only a fraction of the WrA rpers participate in are what defines WrA. To you and those you RP with, yes, but to the other 80%, no.

Who made you the game master of WrA story? Why is there no room for other main stories with other groups of players? That is seriously conceited there.
Considering servers aren't being merged, this thread is a moot point.

Servers are being merged.. just under the umbrella "virtual realms" to save face.
Isolate MG. No one that RPs wants anything to do with that miserable little pile of drama.
Isolate MG. No one that RPs wants anything to do with that miserable little pile of drama.

No. MG is nothing like this. The only time you find that is in GS and sometimes in SMC. And it's usually the same 10 people every day. 10 people out of a thousand is not a whole lot.
RPers are full of drama, no matter the server or medium we rp on. Attachment to characters and their stories is a very real thing.
06/24/2013 08:14 AMPosted by Velidrandra

No. MG is nothing like this. The only time you find that is in GS and sometimes in SMC. And it's usually the same 10 people every day. 10 people out of a thousand is not a whole lot.

Standing in Trade for five minutes paints an entirely different story about people getting called out for stupid garbage, spam for RP styles that don't make sense, at lets not forget a certain individual that spends all day hunting for a draenei girlfriend who must be blue and cute.

I would quit WoW in a heartbeat if Farstriders became attached to Moon Guard. RP or not, I will not take part in arguably the most toxic server on WoW.
Well in my greatest opinion above all others...combine all the RP servers together and the rest of us can watch all of you fight on who is right and who is wrong

..Ill get the popcorn ready!
06/23/2013 03:56 PMPosted by Xaligos
At any rate my argument was that different rp servers have developed in general different concepts and view point son how rp should be done.

Actually went through to more thoroughly read the walls of text.

As someone on your server, I can say it's been my experience that this is pretty much something that can be a given from group-to-group or player-to-player in general.

I've seen paragraph RPers get hated on because they don't RP how the one-liners do. I have had to deal with "purple human derp derp" from people who expect every single Night Elf to be some tree-hugging ancient, with no personality under any circumstance--otherwise you're apparently doin' it wrong. I've seen people get up-in-arms about any multitude of things that don't directly effect them, in regards to how other people RP.

All on our server...

People have different preferences and tolerances when it comes to writing, subject matter, and how they choose to interpret or play off of source materials. That's pretty much universal.

You can find those same things you are worried about within your own realm. I could understand concerns like what happened to GS, where the immersion of an entire zone was killed over-night with a patch, but that is more or less the only place I have experienced such a thing throughout Azeroth, so far.

You seem worried about things that are just a natural part of people. Your entire main post reeked of it on its own, with everything about how Blizz should be making solid rules for lore and how bad lorebreakers are. When it comes to something like that on a more usual scale, it's as simple as not RPing when a story doesn't stimulate you or you just aren't in agreement with how the players are bending/breaking things. Just because someone bends lore, erps, writes long or short posts, does whatever differently from how you believe things should be, doesn't necessarily make them "wrong" or a "bad" RPer. They just do things differently from you.
Edit: If nothing else gets read from this post I welcome the smaller realms. I hope that I can at least read their MRP's though. Nauvok is grouchy and mean and without MRP could be construed as not someone worth RPing with.

Let's isolate you... I swear people have this mindless hatred towards the tag "Moon Guard". They don't care it's a minority in the shire, they don't care most rp is moved to private chat, they don't care the majority are just as tired of the trollollolling as they are. Nope, far easier to say "OMG I don't want to be grouped with those pervs, lock them up and throw away the key!".

Standing in Trade for five minutes paints an entirely different story about people getting called out for stupid garbage, spam for RP styles that don't make sense, at lets not forget a certain individual that spends all day hunting for a draenei girlfriend who must be blue and cute.

Don't take this the wrong way... but are you really so dense as to think trade chat is immune to trolls!? I... I... yesh...

I would quit WoW in a heartbeat if Farstriders became attached to Moon Guard. RP or not, I will not take part in arguably the most toxic server on WoW.

Hard to say I or many others would be saddened by this loss. I would welcome the others from Farstriders seeking RP though. Excuse me if I'm peeved by blind-hate remarks like this but I quite like the server I'm on.

Getting back to the topic at hand, the ONLY reason I believe WrA and MG should NOT be merged is server size. As said earlier we're already CRZ'ed so it's not like there's much in terms of RP spots to lose aside from Pandaria maybe.
06/23/2013 03:36 PMPosted by Xaligos
Oh how cute ^_^ Someone from WrA hopping on their high horse~ Aren't you adorable~!

This is exactly what I mean, you can't merge two different types of role players.

What about merging hardcore raiders with hardcore pet collectors on the same server? Seems possible to me.

What you're asking for, based on this example, is to separate a bully from an easily-offended person. I think that with this given clarity, you should be able to come to your own conclusion on how possible that is.
I'd like to see Thorium Brotherhood merged with Sisters of Elune, Kirin Tor and Scarlet Crusade. I think it would be good for them and I have not met a person I disliked from any of the aforementioned servers.

Having played on a realm that is CRZ'ed with both Moon Guard and Wyrmrest Accord I would take a merge with Moon Guard over WrA anyday. At least Moon Guard players do not treat players from other servers like they are lesser beings.

Merge KT with the ones who have the worst Goldshire.

We horde can band together to cleanse the filth hole and slay the evil doppleganger spawn along with their ancient progenitor, Y'sriliaman.

We can do it together.
Edit: If nothing else gets read from this post I welcome the smaller realms. I hope that I can at least read their MRP's though. Nauvok is grouchy and mean and without MRP could be construed as not someone worth RPing with.

Let's isolate you... I swear people have this mindless hatred towards the tag "Moon Guard". They don't care it's a minority in the shire, they don't care most rp is moved to private chat, they don't care the majority are just as tired of the trollollolling as they are. Nope, far easier to say "OMG I don't want to be grouped with those pervs, lock them up and throw away the key!".

Don't take this the wrong way... but are you really so dense as to think trade chat is immune to trolls!? I... I... yesh...

Hard to say I or many others would be saddened by this loss. I would welcome the others from Farstriders seeking RP though. Excuse me if I'm peeved by blind-hate remarks like this but I quite like the server I'm on.

Getting back to the topic at hand, the ONLY reason I believe WrA and MG should NOT be merged is server size. As said earlier we're already CRZ'ed so it's not like there's much in terms of RP spots to lose aside from Pandaria maybe.

I am entitled to my opinion and I will stand by it. I will not be a part of a realm that has more drama than an afternoon of Soap Operas.
I am entitled to my opinion and I will stand by it. I will not be a part of a realm that has more drama than an afternoon of Soap Operas.

TBH I really don't get where you're coming from although I can see you're clearly beyond reason. I wish you well and welcome other from your server should we get "merged" with VR.
edit: A final comment hopefully you can get those chars of yours off MG as well, wouldn't want you running into any RP from a resident Moon Guardian now would we. :p
Why on earth would you ever merge another server with them? People say " Oh well its just goldshire" no that is a lie. I have many friends who while on matters of rp we do not see eye to eye I get along with well and they rp on moonguard, and they are blatant lore breakers. The only difference about the people on moonguard who don't rp in goldshire is they don't do erp (as much) and they have a more respectable form of lore breaking (if lore breaking can even be considered respectable).

You sound pretty stuck up here.

I rolled on Moonguard recently, and avoid Goldshire as much as I can. Most of the people I run into in general are much kinder people than what I encountered on Emerald Dream.

Besides, it's not the people specific to Moonguard that made Goldshire the way it is. It's the WoW community as a whole. It's mostly people off-server that go there.

I mean hell, when the gaming media came out and reported on Blizzard's stance on Moonguard Goldshire as being a cyber sex hot spot, do you know what that kind of thing does? IT TELLS THE WOW PLAYERBASE WHERE TO GO IF THEY WANT CYBERSEX.
06/24/2013 09:44 AMPosted by Nauvok

TBH I really don't get where you're coming from although I can see you're clearly beyond reason. I wish you well and welcome other from your server should we get "merged" with VR.
edit: A final comment hopefully you can get those chars of yours off MG as well, wouldn't want you running into any RP from a resident Moon Guardian now would we. :p

The ones I deleted a week ago that were made because I am loaded on toon slots on Farstriders? The ones I made on the off-chance the realm improved in the two years since I left it?

I am ashamed of where the guilds on that server have gone. The elitist "We're right, any thing anyone else says is wrong" still pollutes the realm. Please, if you enjoy your RP there, fine, but as I said before and will say now, I will not have anything to do with Moon Guard should we be forced into Virtual Realms with you.
I love how through all this, everyone forgot about Feathermoon :(

Someone take us, please! We're a nice server! We have nice people! Our RP is dead (at least Alliance side), but we're a good server! I'd love to be VRed with one of the bigger servers (preferably MG, I have some friends there), but I think if they took all the smaller realms and put those together, that would be fine too. With CRZ, I RPed with a few people from another one of the smaller ones (I want to say Silverhand? Or Scarlet Crusade) and they seemed very nice and good!

Someone help Feathermoon. We need more RP and more activity in general (raiding, guilds, etc) :(
I love how through all this, everyone forgot about Feathermoon :(

Someone take us, please! We're a nice server! We have nice people! Our RP is dead (at least Alliance side), but we're a good server! I'd love to be VRed with one of the bigger servers (preferably MG, I have some friends there), but I think if they took all the smaller realms and put those together, that would be fine too. With CRZ, I RPed with a few people from another one of the smaller ones (I want to say Silverhand? Or Scarlet Crusade) and they seemed very nice and good!

Someone help Feathermoon. We need more RP and more activity in general (raiding, guilds, etc) :(

Feathermoon is in a different data center. Right now the assumption is that like CRZ, VR will only effect servers within the same data center. You're not forgotten! We just can't take you. D:
I have no problem with merging rp servers.

However, if I could think of one fix to rp servers it would be that removing all of your clothes in Goldshire automatically results in being pvp flagged.
I have no problem with merging rp servers.

However, if I could think of one fix to rp servers it would be that removing all of your clothes in Goldshire automatically results in being pvp flagged.

Do you one better: It makes you Neutral Flagged so that both sides can have their fun.