5.4 In Game Store 100% XP Buff/Transmog items?

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 226 Next
We are currently exploring the possibility of adding a way for players in certain regions to make purchases directly within the game. As part of this process, elements related to this will be appearing on the PTR. We’ll provide additional updates on our plans as development progresses.
I look forward to hearing just what the plan is and what sort of items the development team has in mind for this store.
07/03/2013 05:39 PMPosted by Aretain
Greed eh? Paying a monthly subscription isn't enough for Blizzard, now they want to add an in game store for people to pay MORE money to get ahead? And you wonder why you are losing so many subscriptions.

Hey I don't know if you realized this but...

You already pay $$ on top of your sub for name/realm/faction/race changes.
You also already pay (optionally) real $$ for the pets and mounts available from the Blizzard Store.

It is the goal of a business to make money.
Micro-transactions are a great way to make money as proved by RIOT and other companies that create cash shops for their games.

But hey if you don't like it... there's the door, don't let it hit you on the way out.

Microtransactions for a free to play game yes, but for a subscription based game is appalling. And yes, I understand that there are paid services, do I agree with that? No I don't.

Besides, when or if I *DO* decide to leave, I'll make sure to slam that door so hard it smacks you in the face :P
If it stacks with Heirlooms you will kill one wolf and have an explosion of spells and levels.

lol I was thinking pretty much the same thing...

The other day I ran a dungeon on my lock (who isn't even in full looms) with the midsummer buff up. Leveled four times in one dungeon. Can you imagine how many I would have leveled with that elixir? Maybe I would have outleveled the dungeon!
We are currently exploring the possibility of adding a way for players in certain regions to make purchases directly within the game. As part of this process, elements related to this will be appearing on the PTR. We’ll provide additional updates on our plans as development progresses.
Oh joy.
it's happening
Hopefully it happens, and all of the people threatening to quit actually do. It'd be nice to stop seeing you in-game and on the forums.

On a lighter note, I can get behind the idea. Been playing Rift recently and I like the concept a lot. I think other games like League of Legends do it well too, but since we're talking a different genre, it isn't as applicable. In the end, Blizzard will do whatever is best for the longevity of their game, and I could see this being a good choice.
For those asking why this is a big deal.

If this goes through, what would be the reason at ALL to not offer gear, let's say of a 5 man level. After all, what harm does it do if people are willing to spend some money to get some gear a little quicker, if you don't want to, you can just do the dungeons to get it!

And once that's in place, why not offer LFR gear for the exact same reasons?

And why not regular raid gear after that?

And finally, why no heroic raid gear?

At what point does the rationale being offered to defend this one, seemingly insignificant item, no longer apply?
if you add Pay2win...im out.

WOW is 1% leveling "experience" 99% endgame experience. Paying to double the rate at which you level is hardly pay to win. Even if yo could pay to auto level to 90 it would not be pay to win.

When they start selling endgame advantages then it starts becoming problematic.
Hopefully it happens, and all of the people threatening to quit actually do. It'd be nice to stop seeing you in-game and on the forums.

On a lighter note, I can get behind the idea. Been playing Rift recently and I like the concept a lot. I think other games like League of Legends do it well too, but since we're talking a different genre, it isn't as applicable. In the end, Blizzard will do whatever is best for the longevity of their game, and I could see this being a good choice.

If I can quit for 2 years, I can quit for good. The only reason I came back was because my husband works midnights and I wanted something to play. I can easily play anything else, and I will. If I'm going to pay to win, I might as well be getting the game for free every month. Then I wouldn't mind so much. Once you open the door to little things to be purchased, then they will start creeping in other things to be purchased as well...
Hmm.. Would I need one for each toon? Or can I use it on one, then mail it another?

If I can just buy one, then use it on say all toons to a realm (or a virtual realm cluster) then yes please.
Chinese WoW becomes free to play
They can make purchases

Everyone is happy in the world.......of warcraft
An interesting notion... Say this is applied to China, but not US or EU.

I wonder what people's opinions would be.

Don't they have an entirely different subscription model compared to US and EU?

They're an entirely different culture of gamers, and I'm fairly certain their payment plans are different than ours. Not to mention things that happen in their region don't affect me, or other people in our region. As far as I'm concerned, it's a different game.

That's kind of my view. If it's not in -my- game.. well, frankly I kind of just ... idgaf.
As others have stated, it is not this item in particular that has me concerned, it is the precedent that this creates. I am fine with being able to purchase the store mounts and pets from within the game but I have a very big problem with them creating and adding items that are "pay to win."

This item in particular seems harmless but it's the idea of other items that are not so innocent in their purpose being made available for purchase that truly worries me. This is Blizzards' game and it is their prerogative to make as much money from it as they want HOWEVER there is a line that when crossed will offend and in many ways ruin the game for certain players, me included. I hope they are extremely cautious with how they handle this.
Hmm.. Would I need one for each toon? Or can I use it on one, then mail it another?

If I can just buy one, then use it on say all toons to a realm (or a virtual realm cluster) then yes please.

Nobody knows any details about this. For all we know this is just a placeholder line so as to not give anything away.
What happened to "The Blizzard Store will never provide an added advantage to someone compared to those who don't use it?"

If this does go live, I have no doubts Blizzard will immediately regret it when floods of people unsubscribe.