5.4 In Game Store 100% XP Buff/Transmog items?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 226 Next
Please refrain from posting PTR stuff on public forums. There's a PTR forum for that very purpose.

Uh no, this kind of stuff needs to be known by the whole entire community.

It's a really bad idea. Even if it's just the PTR, everyone needs to know.
This is really sad. People on these forums, the very same ones who would rip other (good) MMO's apart for being P2W and having XP boosts are calling this "great" and "cool".
Can already do 300% experience buff that stacks with heirlooms using Recruit A Friend.
07/03/2013 12:33 PMPosted by Kezmaefele
If blizzard goes down this route...

... nothing will happen.

Not caring about this in the slightest.

If someone wants to pay to level faster I have not a single care.

Leveling isn't a race.

Having max leveled characters is so not a big deal nowadays.

Nothing in game is lost to anyone if Level 10 Joe Pally wants to pay money to get an XP buff.
Yes but when you starting selling helpful in game stuff what happens next isn't fun.
07/03/2013 12:34 PMPosted by Sneakyblade
-new char-
-walks over and stabs a wolf-
CONGRATULATIONS YOUR LEVEL 10!

*You have discovered Jasperlode Mine*
CONGRATULATIONS! LEVEL 30!

*You walk into Goldshire Inn*
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE VIRTUAL AIDS!
...wait a second...
This is really sad. People on these forums, the very same ones who would rip other (good) MMO's apart for being P2W and having XP boosts are calling this "great" and "cool".

I have no problems whatsoever with XP buffs, just sell them ingame.
07/03/2013 12:36 PMPosted by Sarinda

... nothing will happen.

Leveling isn't a race.

Nothing in game is lost to anyone if Level 10 Joe Pally wants to pay money to get an XP buff.
Yes but when you starting selling in helpful game stuff for money what comes next after that?

I'll let you know when it happens.
Yes but when you starting selling in helpful game stuff for money what comes next after that?

Good to know.
Leveling isn't a race.

It all falls back on the special snowflake syndrome. On my very first toon, I remember killing turtles for 5 levels.... FIVE!!!!! Levels... I hate turtles now. And I avoid Revantusk Village now.

And knowing how painful leveling used to be, I welcome anything to make it less painful. Some people just can't let it go and want others to go through the same hardships.

Good to know.

Sure. No problem.

Dude, you're trying too hard...

I really don't think

no.

Ugh, please no. Heirlooms are just fine for that sort of thing.

The problem is that it open doors to really "pay to win" model. And we already pay the game and a monthly fee just to skip that.

...those, count as them saying "great" or "cool".

I will let you have these...

That is insanely alt-tastic! I love it =D

But seriously, leveling taking half the time? I want that.

But none of the others are really concrete...

... nothing will happen.

Leveling isn't a race.

You realize if EXP ever becomes an issue and a drag, you know what people will say? Buy the potions. They may very well make leveling painful or neglect it completely because there's the store.

This is the junk that terrible free to play games do. I pay a monthly fee to get away from this horrible stuff.

I haven't ripped on it yet. Right now the slippery Slope fallacies are coming out and the fearmongering is out to. I'd prefer not to have this but if it does just go ingame related to heirlooms for say like 2k JP, Does it really matter? Secondly feedback is important.

You realize if EXP ever becomes an issue and a drag, you know what blizzard people will say? Buy the potions. They may very well make leveling painful or neglect it completely because there's the store.

This is the junk that terrible free to play games do. I pay a monthly fee to get away from this horrible stuff.

Then tweet GC about your concerns. Tweet the WoW Devs. Let them know despite the fact that PTR is PTR.

... nothing will happen.

Leveling isn't a race.

You realize if EXP ever becomes an issue and a drag, you know what blizzard people will say? Buy the potions. They may very well make leveling painful or neglect it completely because there's the store.

/tinfoil hat

Leveling is super easy and fast nowadays. If that changes so they can force people to buy XP buffs then come back here and do your /rabble rabble thing, I'll grab my pitchfork and join you.
Hay, all part of the play to repopulate the world and make it seem alive, ummm they just want em out in it for about 5 minutes before they out level it though.... /facepalm - not even sure blizzard knows what direction it want to go in the game anymore. (hopefully this is just a bad data mining on a test item that will never see the light of day)
Hay, all part of the play to repopulate the world and make it seem alive, ummm they just want em out in it for about 5 minutes before they out level it though.... /facepalm - not even sure blizzard knows what direction it want to go in the game anymore. (hopefully this is just a bad data mining on a test item that will never see the light of day)

wat?

People out in the world doesn't mean lowbies questing.
Depending on the price point I could see getting a couple for the classes I can't seem to stay on long enough to level, of maybe for alts on different servers with no boas.
And knowing how painful leveling used to be, I welcome anything to make it less painful. Some people just can't let it go and want others to go through the same hardships.

those hardships as you call them is how people learn to play correctly, a better term might be practice and training.

**leveling painful lol, should have played and leveled when EQ first came out and we'll talk about painful....