Hunter CC needs to be nerfed

Hunter
It's sad because he's serious.
Instead of asking for the nerf Learn basic pvp and have your dps soak it up. GG.
I want to be able to launch my traps directly at someone, having it latch right onto their face headcrab style.
SAYS THE DRUID!
Lol Cyclone

Also, if your partner/ally is remotely aware/nearby (which they should be if they are a ranged) they should be eating the trap for you. Not to mention it isn't totally unheard of for scatter shot to path you completely away from the trap. Keep in mind, other CCs from other classes can be cast on target (i.e /cast [@focus] fear, would hit the focus target every time without requiring placement and preparation) while the hunter's needs to be aimed and there is still the 1 in 50 chance that they will be pathed away. Not OP, quite unreliable in my book really. But that's my opinion.
Stun, stun, fear, disorientate, stun, sap, disarm...dead....note dam I'm freezed trapped entered into that sentence.
Symbiosis with a paladin....now THATS OP.

To scatter trap someone as Eurugan said is exactly that. Also we are the only effin class in the game that has to use T W O cool downs for O N E CC! I wish I could just target someone and click my cc move, nope I actually have to AIM mine in real time. So I seriously hope you are trolling....
Also, make it so frost mages can't instant deep from 35 yards out into a polymorph. Because that hurts everyone's feelings.
We've had scatter trap for years. it is not the problem, although i'd love for us to get a casted freezing trap, much easier to get off than a trap when the whole enemy team is humping each other closer than the cast of jersey shore.
Return Dead Zone, Problem solved.
Return Dead Zone, Problem solved.
]
Bud, atm, with the changes coming in 5.4, returning dead zone would be turning hunters from a viable PVP class to free kills. The only spec able to counter casters cant dish out the damage needed to do anything.
Hunters will never earn respect without deadzone. Back in the day Hunters took skill to play (Wing Clip). The day blizzard removed deadzone, was the day Hunters became even more hated than Mages. Plus Hunters dont even have to stand still for any off their abilities, allowing them to kite the sh*t out of everybody. BTW before I get hate mail, I have a Hunter. I have practically every class in the game, some high lvl some not. I would even give hunters back their 5.0 burst and CC if they returned Deadzone.
Meanwhile at sub 1500 rating...

Hunters will never earn respect without deadzone. Back in the day Hunters took skill to play (Wing Clip). The day blizzard removed deadzone, was the day Hunters became even more hated than Mages. Plus Hunters dont even have to stand still for any off their abilities, allowing them to kite the sh*t out of everybody. BTW before I get hate mail, I have a Hunter. I have practically every class in the game, some high lvl some not. I would even give hunters back their 5.0 burst and CC if they returned Deadzone.
They removed it because it was obnoxious garbage for PvE and PvP Hunters never had to deal with it except against pillar humping and Dalaran Sewers. It was basically a guaranteed win against Hunters if you came up against one on Sewers....How exactly is that fair to have a guaranteed loss because you landed on a certain map? Even Gladiator Hunters made this comment that Dal Sewers was basically gg.

And I like being able to stack up with my raid on PvE encounters, you know...where most of the game plays? Sorry to break the news to you but arena players make up an even smaller minority than raiders. Dead zone was the single most complained about mechanic in the Cataclysm post mordem class design feedback. I highly doubt Blizzard is going to suddenly turn and !@#$ all raiding Hunters again, especially with many encounters requiring stack phases, adds, fixation effects, etc.
@Bullettime respect to you bro, I know your actually one of the good Hunters.

But, yeah it was obnoxious but at least it was challenging. Most hunters cant honestly say PvP is a challenge, unless their running around in Greens and Blues. The problem is balancing hunters without neutering them. I still dont see how 5.4 is going to, "ruin" Hunters. They'll still have crazy burst with a little less CC.

-I used to fight tooth and nail saying how Mages aren't OP (my main). Until I started to play other classes and kept getting DEEPED. I still dont believe their OP'ed, but FAAAAR from underpowered. I feel the same with Hunters.
It's ruining Hunters in the sense that our cooldowns have been all been balanced around Readiness which is now being removed.

How almost all of our effective burst has been effectively removed because of Readiness resets and then they still go and nerf Readiness, after DESTROYING Stampede. Not just nerfing it. They effectively made Stampede almost not even worth the button press.

Because PvE Hunters are taking the brunt of this nerf when we're already in a crappy spot.
06/28/2013 02:08 PMPosted by Tigerknee
Hunters will never earn respect without deadzone. Back in the day Hunters took skill to play (Wing Clip).

I wish they would take us back to pre-MoP because I wouldn't have to listen to monks cry about us ... IN EVERY THREAD. Wing clip taking skill, not really man it was just another bind.

If you are a monk and are getting beat by a hunter, to the point you feel like complaining, you need to look at yourself. Monks have the BEST counters to our abilities and can really do some good damage now. If you can't counter the 2nd most predictable spec (behind Frost Mages) in the game then I dunno what to tell you.

TLDR - Dead zone is dead. Why make hunters stationary when almost every other class can attack / heal on the move? Oh that's right, you can't counter a red glowing target. Maybe if they added a DBM warning you guys could CC pet and disarm hunter ... maybe.
inb4 they (CCs and Disarms) are on CD and I can't stand by the hunter and negate the damage, use karma.

You seem to have a bit of rose colored glasses there. The dreaded "dead zone" wasn't too much of a problem as you stated we could clip you to gain ground/ catter and or trap. Once Wrath rolled in and we lost the true “dead zone” (the 2 yard spot where everyone was either too close to shoot or too far to melee) there was little to fear from it.

The only major issue was Dal sewers due to the cramped spaces and those damned boxes so close to the edge of the platform. What most people refer to as the “dead zone” is nothing more than the minimum range and as I stated before was only a minor nuisance when pillar chasing and just something to be aware off when lining up your burst

***Edit***

On kiting

Kiting as a whole has been chipped away at dramatically, from the plethora of new gap closers and ranged attacks that have been doled out like candy the effectiveness of kiting has taking quite a hit. Thia being a big reason for us getting self heals as kitting will not prevent as much damage as it used to.
06/28/2013 02:08 PMPosted by Tigerknee
Hunters will never earn respect without deadzone.

Hunters didn't have respect even when we had deadzone. Deadzone was just a stupid idea back in the day. Then blizzard finally came to their senses and got rid of it cause it made pvp but more importantly pve hard. When you had to stack up in a fight you could do nothing besides a few abilities that hit very low, this cutting hunters dps way to low.

Asking for hunters to get deadzone again is just sad. Get over it.
06/28/2013 05:14 PMPosted by Twistedarow
Hunters will never earn respect without deadzone.

Hunters didn't have respect even when we had deadzone. Deadzone was just a stupid idea back in the day. Then blizzard finally came to their senses and got rid of it cause it made pvp but more importantly pve hard. When you had to stack up in a fight you could do nothing besides a few abilities that hit very low, this cutting hunters dps way to low.

Asking for hunters to get deadzone again is just sad. Get over it.

This is true;

Even when the consensus was that hunters took 2 times the effort and skill to be half as effective as everyone else (wrath post lnl stun) hunters didn't get any respect
@tigerknee, i don't see a hunter in your alts list, just a mage, and rogue at 90.
I know mages are countered by hunters but that doesn't mean you should mention bringing back the god awful abomination that was, the deadzone. Hunter on dalaran sewers? free win for the other team unless the hunter was a rank 1 that's played for years!