@Silva

Kil'jaeden
Sloppy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh0DMWhDP-s

Learn some good defense from this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj_Zj3anRd8
i know this is kinda a joke and you probably already know this but defense in mma compared to boxing is 2 different worlds
I get that but obviously in the clip above, dude A was throwing punches at dude B! There is text book stuff you just don't do when you got punches being thrown at you.
I know I'm a hater. Never really liked Silva. He was good but I didn't like his attitude in the octagon. I'm glad he got knocked out.

Also, UFC is a joke. Too many sloppy fighters.

Even the "best dude" is sloppy!
If there is any UFC fighters reading this I apologize and I would NEVER say this to your face!
yea no 2 ways about it silva !@#$ed himself i still think that mayweathers skill level in boxing is still way higher than anyone in the ufcs at mma
Seriously though, Silva should know better. Like, work on a different taunt technique, dawg. Maybe blow the dude a kiss or give him a wink instead of extending all the way back like a goober and getting set up to get teed off on.
I can't believe saliva lost.
What were the odds against Weidman?
Sloppy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh0DMWhDP-s

Learn some good defense from this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj_Zj3anRd8

ok 2 things, Silva is 38 years old. he is on his decline there is no doubt about that. I would like to see what mayweather is like at 38.

Sure mayweather has better boxing skills than anderson silva, they are 2 different sports.

On the street or in the cage I bet a girl like Ronda Rousey would make a fool of mayweather haaha.

Throw may weather in the cage with a !@#$ ufc fighter and he will get put through the meat grinder and same vice versa.

2 different sports buddy. (except on the streets where mma>boxing)
Age ain't nothing but a number, dawg.

Learn about Bernard Hopkins.

No excuses!

Silva made a poor, sloppy mistake and paid for it. Can't argue that.

Also, I believe I can knock out anyone on the street. I don't care if they know MMA.
Age ain't nothing but a number, dawg.

Learn about Bernard Hopkins.

No excuses!

Silva made a poor, sloppy mistake and paid for it. Can't argue that.

Also, I believe I can knock out anyone on the street. I don't care if they know MMA.

ya i know about behop (who has lost more fights that Anderson). Randy Couture would be his equivalent.

I am sure you could knock someone out with the right punch to the chin, who cant?

Its ok, you prolly have never been to a gym. Great boxers walk into my gym all the time and get put down and pounded by 18 year old boys who can wrestle or get the !@#$ kicked outta them by Muay thai and kick boxers. Its a fish outta water.

Boxers are good at one thing, boxing thats it. MMA fighters usually have skills in many departments which ultimately make them better fighters. (ie Anderson Silva. Boxing, Muay Thai, Wrestling, BJJ)
No way, Jose. =(

Please forgive but I'm a small fish who thinks he's big in a tiny pond but I believe I can knock out anyone in the whole wide world.

Also, it's Bhop!

A legend!

Saw him live at Staples Center and Mandalay Bay.
I knew I'd get you out of the lion's den, Cooler.
Mayweather is 36, I'm not sure you've seen him fight for you to be so dismissive of his skill. He also said that Mayweather is a much better boxer than the UFC fighters are at MMA (swag's comment). His statement is fair.

The issue with Silva is that he got tagged with "the best UFC fighter ever" which is unfair to him because he's never fought anyone of note (except maybe Cote). Winning 10 straight title defenses doesn't quality someone to be the best ever. When you look at the division and the guys he fought, it's hard to come to the conclusion that he's the best ever. Most of the guys he's fought were either old and out of their prime (think Belfort, Henderson, Franklin) or they were fan favorites (and not necessarily good - think Griffin, Bonner, Sonnen).

Not only is Silva not the best ever, but he wasn't even the best Champion in the UFC. I think Jones, GSP, Aldo, and Johnson are far better champions in much deeper divisions.

The issue with Silva is that he got tagged with "the best UFC fighter ever" which is unfair to him because he's never fought anyone of note (except maybe Cote). Winning 10 straight title defenses doesn't quality someone to be the best ever. When you look at the division and the guys he fought, it's hard to come to the conclusion that he's the best ever. Most of the guys he's fought were either old and out of their prime (think Belfort, Henderson, Franklin) or they were fan favorites (and not necessarily good - think Griffin, Bonner, Sonnen).

Not only is Silva not the best ever, but he wasn't even the best Champion in the UFC. I think Jones, GSP, Aldo, and Johnson are far better champions in much deeper divisions.

lolwut

That has to be one of the dumbest posts I've seen on the internet trying to de-legitimize Anderson Silva as a great.

Belfort, Henderson, and Franklin out of their primes when Silva fought them? Henderson was the PRIDE 183lb. champion when Silva fought him. Rich Franklin was only 31 years old and had only lost once in his career (to Lyoto Machida) when Silva fought him and Vitor Belfort is currently ranked number 2 in the world even now in 2013.

I really lol'd hard when you said Patrick Cote of all people is the only fight of note haha Cote has been fired from the UFC 3 separate times for losing streaks, when he fought Silva he was on the only good winning streak of his career, Cote is a gatekeeper and you say he was the only fight of note? lol

Also lol'd hard at you listing Johnson as a champion in one of the "deepest" divisions. Demetrius Johnson is the champion of the Flyweight division which only has 14 people in the entire division and back when he won the title there was only 9 people in the division lol

lol I hope your post was a troll post. Cause that was a terrible attempt to de-legitimize Anderson as the GOAT.
Vitor Belfort (36): In the last 4 years has wins against Rockhold, Bisping, Akiyama, Johnson and losses to Jones and Silva. Great at fighting nobodies and has-beens. The fact that he's ranked #2 only demonstrates how weak the middleweight division is. The fact that the division is so weak has benefited him (in the rankings).

Dan Henderson (42): In the last 4 years has wins against Rua, Emilanenko, Cavalcante, Sobral, and Bisbing. Losses to Evans, Machita, Shields. Losses to big names, again all out of their prime, and all one-dimentional. He was not the Pride champion, he had already lost it to Rampage. I'm coming around to your point on Henderson, but only slightly - he was/is certainly a better fighter than Cote but the sport was different then.

Rich Franklin (38): Not a great fighter... Good fighter, yes, great - no. A washed up Vitor and Henderson out of their primes beat Ace Ventura. The UFC when Franklin had the title is nowhere near as good as it is today (which for his division isn't saying much).

Patrick Cote: He was the closest thing to being an up and comer. He had a couple great fights leading up to the title fight and was riding a 5 fight win streak. Believe me, I'm not a Cote fan, I simply believe he was the only fighter with any momentum rolling into his fight with Silva.

As for Johnson, I'll admit my bias as I think he is an incredible fighter and he'll hold that belt for a very long time if his size (I think he's 5'3") doesn't hinder him. He is the Mayweather (talent-wise) of his division.

To be clear, I don't think Silva (38) sucks and I don't blame him for being in a lame division. He, like Franklin, benefited from being in an extremely weak division and he was able to capitalize. But the best ever? I think not. Talent-wise, the guys in their late 20's (GSP is now the only champ over 30) are better, well-rounded fighters than the old champs that were in their 30's.
Vitor Belfort (36): In the last 4 years has wins against Rockhold, Bisping, Akiyama, Johnson and losses to Jones and Silva. Great at fighting nobodies and has-beens. The fact that he's ranked #2 only demonstrates how weak the middleweight division is. The fact that the division is so weak has benefited him (in the rankings).

Dan Henderson (42): In the last 4 years has wins against Rua, Emilanenko, Cavalcante, Sobral, and Bisbing. Losses to Evans, Machita, Shields. Losses to big names, again all out of their prime, and all one-dimentional. He was not the Pride champion, he had already lost it to Rampage. I'm coming around to your point on Henderson, but only slightly - he was/is certainly a better fighter than Cote but the sport was different then.

Rich Franklin (38): Not a great fighter... Good fighter, yes, great - no. A washed up Vitor and Henderson out of their primes beat Ace Ventura. The UFC when Franklin had the title is nowhere near as good as it is today (which for his division isn't saying much).

Patrick Cote: He was the closest thing to being an up and comer. He had a couple great fights leading up to the title fight and was riding a 5 fight win streak. Believe me, I'm not a Cote fan, I simply believe he was the only fighter with any momentum rolling into his fight with Silva.

As for Johnson, I'll admit my bias as I think he is an incredible fighter and he'll hold that belt for a very long time if his size (I think he's 5'3") doesn't hinder him. He is the Mayweather (talent-wise) of his division.

To be clear, I don't think Silva (38) sucks and I don't blame him for being in a lame division. He, like Franklin, benefited from being in an extremely weak division and he was able to capitalize. But the best ever? I think not. Talent-wise, the guys in their late 20's (GSP is now the only champ over 30) are better, well-rounded fighters than the old champs that were in their 30's.

If the list of Rockhold, Akiyama, Bisping, and Rumble Johnson are nobodies and has beens i'd like to know is an actual good fighter to you lol and you never did say why Vitor is "washed up". Don't know too many "washed up" guys KO'ing everybody they fight.

Dan Henderson lost the 203lb. championship to Rampage big guy, you do know Hendo was a two division Pride champion right? The fact you don't know that kind of kills all any credibility to anything you posted before or after lol @ saying Rampage Jackson (who is a massive Light Heavyweight generally cutting from 240 down to 205) won the 183lb. championship. And why are you listing Hendo wins from the last 4 years? He fought Anderson in early 2008, at the time Hendo was top 5 in the division and top 10 P4P ranked.

Rich Franklin lol @ you saying "not a great fighter, good, but not great" then proceeding not to say why.

After you comparing Demetrius Johnson to Floyd Mayweather I had to quit reading.

The way you type about "fighters not being great" and "Rampage beating Hendo for the 183lb. championship" etc. shows me you're probably knew to the sport and if you were around back then you would have saw with your own eyes that 2006 Rich Franklin was a GREAT fighter. 2008 Dan Henderson was one of the best in the world. And Anderson's run is one of the greatest in fighting history.
KUNG FU > Boxing, UFC, Kickboxing

Best fighter ever: BRUCE LEE

COME AT ME, I'LL FIGHT YOU @ BLIZZCON
It's all staged. Like WWE/WWC/WWF/WhatEverTheyCallItNowADays... wrestling.