New to healing/pally

Paladin
Hey all! I switched my old pally alt to holy and am learning how to play holy as well as heal. I am not really having any issues so far I mean other than getting used to it overall from mainly raiding on my rogue. Do you holy pallys suggest using healbot or anything of that sort. I dont feel like click healing would make me any better because I keybind everything. Just looking for suggestions.
All based on preference. There's those who use mouse over macros, and those that click heal. I personally click heal because I've done that since TBC whenever I healed, found it easier to just mouse over a health bar, and left click for this, and alt right click for that. ( I use healbot addon btw).
I use healbot myself. But like Holymez said, its all your preference. Try out the different addons, vuhdo, and grid and clique and such until you find one you like.
I don't use any at all, and while I won't claim to be the best healer evar, I get the job done well enough. If you want/need to use an addon, just try 'em out on some 5-mans 'til you find one you really like. Personally, I say stick to going au naturel to really sharpen your skills, and totally not to justify my own beliefs, no sir/madam. >_> <_<
I use healbot with mouse over macros and Ctrl and Shift modifiers. I find it much more customizable and I can react faster than using the Blizzard raid UI. I would recommend using healbot or Grid + Clique. If you are using the Blizzard raid frames you are requiring an extra click to target the person you want to heal.
I use Elvui so I have my raid frames custom as well as everything keybound so i am having to click then push a button....idk I just dont see mouse overs making me that much faster. Guess I just need to try it.
I use VuDuh & a 15~ button mouse, with SHIFT & CTRL modifiers.
I use Elvui so I have my raid frames custom as well as everything keybound so i am having to click then push a button....idk I just dont see mouse overs making me that much faster. Guess I just need to try it.

That's how I healed until mid BC. I didn't think it was a big deal either, finally a guildie talked me into using mouse overs. It did make a difference, it's an accumulative increase. 1 on 1 the speed increase is negligible, but if you add up the quarter to half second you're saving over an 500-800+ cast spells boss fight it becomes relevant.