Island of Conquest Holiday

Battlegrounds
So, I've que'd for 40 of these in the last 2 days and I have only gotten 4 wins... Why hasn't the imbalance been fixed at this point?? Can't you replace those flags with something similar to the way you cap towers in Eye of the Storm?? The flag system in this BG is broken... They need to be at neutral points... Not closer to one side of the other - Alliance getting Glaives over and over because they capped the flag before we could ever get there to harm the person capping is a stupid waste of my time.

And I know that there's just some BG's that both sides seem to have a distinct advantage, not even trying to argue that, because there's at least a couple which the Horde seemingly win most of the time - But IoC is so out of whack its making me give second thoughts to the Khan achieve for Horde side. I mean, if I am only getting 4ish wins in a holiday then wtf is the point?

On top of that we've had Alliance players capping the Workshop 30 sec's before the match even starts.... As if they needed to do that since it's always an Alliance Victory anyways...

Pls fix this.
The horde teams are full of bots in IOC, just blacklist it.
Just don't look at it and it will go away. Right?
This and

if only...
I'm not sure the imbalance is the map, the first reply might have something in it, I have a 90 Pally on the Euro server Haomarush, here is the comparison of stats from my games on both:

EU servers IoC: Games played 175, 103 wins - 59% win rate
US servers IoC: Games played 127, 112 wins - 88% win rate

That 59% isn't much different to the % in other BGs I've played a lot on both US and EU, the 88% however, is insane, similar story in AV on euro also, games are much closer.

Level 90 PUG mentality is an odd thing, people go into BGs with a set idea about how they are played, the BS is the most useful one to have in AB but almost EVERY game I watch the Alliance team go for mine and LM and gift horde the BS, from which they can easily attack those 3 around it before they can be defended.
Over time you get a group mentality where people will always do the same things, if this evolves into one side losing more often a losing mentality develops where people of that side either bot the BG, argue and give up, or hardly bother to play, this makes the situation much worse for that side of course.

This is my theory anyway, lower level BGs are much more random in strategy because the turn over of players stops that mentality setting in.

Just trying to get the achieves really, so black-listing it isn't my best option. Though, truthfully, I do have it black-listed, now I am just doing 1 or 2 a day and pray for a win. /shrug

Seems like this is what's going on - Sad to say. It seems like it would be an easy fix, but the guys who are designing PVP now are so far backwards that they won't ever touch this place... I am almost willing to bet that more new BG's come out and IoC will remain untouched... Really hope I am wrong, tho~

IoC = Change the flag system (I.E. MOVE THE FLAGS) - Make the Cannons scaled to do more damage (5-10k a hit is very LOL at lvl 90) - Decrease hitpoints on all siege engines except catapults... That's off the top of my head... I am sure there are a ton more things that can be done...

I don't know about a majority of the posters (players) of the forums, but I'd rather see old stuff get fixed and be usable again, rather than seeing a bunch of new content to cover it up...

Speaking of new content - Deepwind Gorge?? It's a pile of garbage. If this is the new content y'all are coming out with to cover old stuff up... then wow. Fail. Whoever made that place should be forced to play it in Randoms all day - Let's see how much the creator(s) like it after that.

I'm not sure the imbalance is the map, the first reply might have something in it, I have a 90 Pally on the Euro server Haomarush, here is the comparison of stats from my games on both:

That 59% isn't much different to the % in other BGs I've played a lot on both US and EU, the 88% however, is insane, similar story in AV on euro also, games are much closer.

Level 90 PUG mentality is an odd thing, people go into BGs with a set idea about how they are played, the BS is the most useful one to have in AB but almost EVERY game I watch the Alliance team go for mine and LM and gift horde the BS, from which they can easily attack those 3 around it before they can be defended.
Over time you get a group mentality where people will always do the same things, if this evolves into one side losing more often a losing mentality develops where people of that side either bot the BG, argue and give up, or hardly bother to play, this makes the situation much worse for that side of course.

This is my theory anyway, lower level BGs are much more random in strategy because the turn over of players stops that mentality setting in.

IMHO - EU side is where its supposed to be. All BG's should have a 50% ratio of wins for both sides, +/- 10% - depending on which side naturally does better. 88% win ratio for 1 side or the other is bogus.

Also, I am curious, are your numbers strictly from MoP or are they lifetime ; That is, have you been going there since before MoP? I am thinking that if you are counting lifetime, then SINCE MoP came out that 88% might have gone up to the 90's / mid-90's.

Hmm, could it be that very few people in Europe use bots?

Just trying to get the achieves really, so black-listing it isn't my best option. Though, truthfully, I do have it black-listed, now I am just doing 1 or 2 a day and pray for a win. /shrug

I know OQUE has premade AVs, perhaps they have premade IOCs too? Although that glitch where the alliance can cap before it starts could cause trouble.
You want to win IoC as horde? Have your whole team rush the ws, then once it's capped, half of them run over to the side of the castle and kill the glaives. Game over. Everytime that's been the strat on my horde toons, we have won the BG. This one is a lot easier than AV for horde, where if you want to win you have to drag the game out a bit.

Regarding the people cheating....that sucks. I tried to report as many of them as I could over the past few days.
My strategy for IoC is for everyone to Zerg WS and then hit docks from behind. Most allies leave docks with only ~10 defense with the rest by the boats waiting for catapults and stuff and others waiting by the horde wall or at the oil rig.

If horde flanks docks after grabbing WS and demos swap the focus on the walls to the east side, horde wins. It's easy to convince horde to do it also since they will zerg WS anyways.

This is exactly right. I just came out of an AV where we capped one bunker. If I hadn't been in it, it would have been zero because the one guy in it with me was standing where you couldn't see a rogue ninja it back. And AB is a perfect example of the problem on the Alliance side.
Old Horde IoC strategy was

WS
Docks
West Gate

Today it's

WS / Hangar
Stand around East Gate

Sometimes as a bonus we attack more than one gate.

They don't even cap the quarry most of the time.

It's very hard, almost impossible, to encourage a strategy change. They just won't do it and I don't think it's all bots. I've seen heavy bot groupings but this is just bad play.

It's ironic because when the glaives fell over dead if a butterfly landed on them I was Ally side begging people to go WS. They, also, would not do anything different and like Horde today, they had to get the hangar, every game.

I think, for the most part, this is a very unimaginative group of people.
The numbers are post MOP, I have been playing since 2007 but I took 2 years out after WotLK, only came back this year, so had not played IoC before MOP

As far as strategy goes, it doesn't *appear* to be that the Horde have a worse one on US servers, it seems Alliance have a worse one on EU.

On EU Alliance all go for the docks, gift Horde the WS and hangar, shout "defend glaives" a lot, descend into a squabble when the glaives die to a rogue and a BM hunter, then rely on catapults and bomb runs.
This wins for Alliance on EU if the Horde team don't try very hard to kill the glaives, or if we have a very good team of catapult bomb runners and enough of us died and spawned at our base that we stall the Horde team.
The Horde team really rip us a new one if they send a strong force to glaives directly after WS cap, and have 5 people in their base to destroy every player that catapults in on sight, so exactly the strategy Feenzr said above, but with the addition of killing all our bomb runners for good measure
I used to love this as an alliance but I don't understand how horde can't play this BG. Even if they cannot get docks, all they need to do is send people to destroy the glaives (which are made of paper) meanwhile go about downing alliance gate. The best fun is turtling in the boss' room. Killll kill killll alliance!

I will continue to love it on my alliance toons and any pre-90 toon (because it can go either way pre-90!) and blacklist it on this toon. /sniff
07/06/2013 12:35 PMPosted by Venna
I used to love this as an alliance but I don't understand how horde can't play this BG. Even if they cannot get docks, all they need to do is send people to destroy the glaives (which are made of paper) meanwhile go about downing alliance gate.

They're tougher than paper now but if Horde won't kill them it doesn't really matter. It's WS / Hangar / Stand around the gate.

I've about given up on both IoC and AV. I've spent the last few AV's getting cussed out and since I can't solo it, to hell with them.

Every, single, game, it's, the, same, thing.
Just get an OQueue premade for the achieves, and join the rest of the Horde in blacklisting IoC and AV.

Great call on blacklisting Blizz, now just either give us a 3rd choice, or send SotA to die in a horrible, slow burning fire.
IoC is a huge mess. Horde just can't seem to win. Since 5.3 I've gone 8 wins and 47 loses, 14.5% win ratio. 19 more wins till I hit my 100 Achievement and I can add it to my banned list. I hate it so much.
IOC is 1 of the only bgs blizz lets us win because we lose every other one except av.

I hate to break this to you but, it's not Blizzard's fault that you lose battlegrounds.