Wow expansion 2014

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
07/08/2013 08:13 PMPosted by Darkeclipze
in patch 5.2, blizz added an npc in feralas not many people know about and it's a blood elf preaching about the return of Sargeras

I tend to avoid "when's next patch" and "what's next xpac" types of thread since it's all speculation at best. I had heard that one of the suspected xpacs was something to do with the burning legion. I would so adore that since BC is still my fave and I'm saddened that as 90s, we can faceroll it all.

That said, I wanted to thank you for approaching the topic with this level of integrity instead of just the usual wishful thinking such threads garner. I do remember a quest in Felwood that you basically got to relive the path of Illidan. And I loved the HOT that was very BC-esque.

Well I'm off to Feralas to look into this. Thanks for the heads up.
08/20/2013 06:11 PMPosted by Luthionn
Yeah but what happens after Sargeras dies? Isn't he the most powerful being we know of, a former titan? Other than the old gods I suppose.

After he dies, it's probably going to time-skip a bit into the years, and then, while we're turning our back away from the other enemies, we gather forces to fight Horde/Alliance. While our backs are turned, someone could resurrect yet another bad !@# Titan, Lich King, Demon, or something of that sort. Or, another species from another planet, could invade us, and we could own the crap outta them. Blah blah blah. There's a lot that could happen, no one knows for sure.

well considering the lich king is already set in stone it would be kinda hard to resurrect him when the power that was controlling him is gone.
07/08/2013 08:13 PMPosted by Darkeclipze
in patch 5.2, blizz added an npc in feralas not many people know about and it's a blood elf preaching about the return of Sargeras

Hmmm... can't seem to find this NPC. Anybody know anything about it?

[EDIT]
Found it. Turns out it was an NPC in Felwood, no Feralas. NPC's name is Zoltan. He is a master pet tamer, so his inclusion in 5.2 isn't prophetic and while the things he says kind of are, I don't think it's meant to be foreshadowing of 6.0.
May we have tinkers now? We really need another ranged class, And Shamans need competition for their Intel mail gear.

Thinkers no, if warlocks are demon hunters then thinkers are engineers
you are all wrong and right its going to be emerald dream and we will be fighting the burning legion http://www.wowwiki.com/User:Assey_Westfall/Emerald_Dream
Whatever that link it, it wasn't written by someone with English as a native language, that's for sure.

I call b.s.
I am just going to place this here so I can look back and say I told you so if I am right.

1. I think the next expansion is going to be - Dark Below
2. I think a new hero class "Gunner" that rides mechs like Galywix will be introduced. Connection Kazan near the ocean. - I think it will have 2 dps specs. and a tank spec.
3. I think the Emerald dream will be covered in Senerios.
4. I think we will see equality with Tyrande going insane due to the possibility that Elune is one of the old gods...which brings a raid to Darnassus.
5. The big bad is Lady Azshara - she has a jones for Tyrande.

- Possible races - Ogres, Arrakkoa, Naga, or High elves (the last one I will be surprised with but they are heavily involved with the lore so possibly.)

This is all a guess and for fun :D
The Dark Below
Realm: Ocean, shorelines
Baddy: Lady Azshara Maybe final boss someone higher up the chain (Burning Legion Type)
Alliance Flavor: More friction between Anduin and the King. (Past comes back to haunt the King)
Horde Flavor: New Regime, growing pains
Hero Class: None
Regular Class: Mail wearing, possibly engineer mech steam-punk type
Mounts: More watercraft, boats, subs!
Possible New Races: Naga, High Elf
I agree with everything you're saying. Not to forget, during the blessings of the celestials quests at the part where you visit the red crane, wrathion clearly states the burning legion WILL return.

Also, to all you dreamers, it is not going to be the dark below. Get that out of your head.
You never now what to expect when it comes to expansions for World of Warcraft it would be nice however if the game went back to its roots and maybe going back to burning crusade would be a way of rekindling the storyline and answer all the unanswered questions that some of us may have. I would like to see the next expansion spawn from burning crusade ie the burning legion aspect cause if you notice the burning legion were involved with wrath and cata both times indirectly but the fact is the legion is still growing what better way of throwing a curveball by basing the next expansion around the burning legion seeing there are infinite possibilities when it comes to the burning legion.
07/08/2013 08:15 PMPosted by Hippeaux
I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but it looks like it's NOT going to be emerald dream.

The Emerald Dream story was finished in a book. I think we figured out awhile ago we weren't getting it as an expansion.
True, but many still believe we will.
Hoping next xpac isn't Naga/Azshara/underwater based.

Said it in other similar posts recently. Will say it again here.

Hated Vash'jir zone. Won't ever do it again...even at gunpoint.

A zone I can avoid. An entire xpac I cannot.

If the next xpac is all underwater like Vash'jir, I'm done, gone, fini...
Hoping next xpac isn't Naga/Azshara/underwater based.

Said it in other similar posts recently. Will say it again here.

Hated Vash'jir zone. Won't ever do it again...even at gunpoint.

A zone I can avoid. An entire xpac I cannot.

If the next xpac is all underwater like Vash'jir, I'm done, gone, fini...

You won't be the only one. Not even sure it would work as a patch, let alone an expansion.
HOw about just freaking waiting till it gets announced?
Next expansion should be finally destroying the burning legion and the following should be dealing with the old gods. If its 5 lvl's an expansion that would be level 100 and a great way to end an amazing game. We can finally beat the World of Warcraft.
There will be playable demon hunters.
I would like to see an expac that focuses on the ally vs horde war. Raids would happen in the capital cities of the enemies. Different experiences for both factions.
The Dark Below still sounds more like caverns to me than something underwater. I think people are reading too much into that boss from Throne of Tides.
Somthing BC would be good, though I believe a new race is in order. Yes we had 2 last expansion, and 1 this expansion but they suck (sorry but gobs, wolves and pandas are stupid). I would love to see Murlocs added as a race. That would be epic lol. I just hope its soon because i cancelled my sub im so bored.
There won't be any playable demon hunters.

Evidence?

Not trying to troll, I would ask someone saying there would be demon hunters for evidence.