How is ele going under the radar?

Arenas
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
Just gonna say, the argument that 5 stack tfb was unstoppable unless you killed the warrior isn't true, tfb duration wasn't very long so kiting and ccing the warrior were effective methods to dealing with it, but it required 100% attention to be spent on the warrior and at any point they got to 5 stacks it was game over.

Kind of like shado pan agi trinket, you could still CC and such to live during its duration. I really don't care about this "is ele flying under the radar" nonsense, they aren't flying under any radar if they are constantly being talked about not only on the forums but through tweets as well.

He is very correct. You very obviously have no clue what you're talking about. If you dispel Flame Shock that literally cuts our damage by 50%, and it removes our Lava Burst procs.

Except no healer can consistently dispel a 6 second flame shock off three targets (with a 8 second dispel) while tons of other ccs are flying about and lots of damage pouring in.

What is more important in the following situation?

Dispelling the poly on your partner, or dispelling the Flame Shock on your other partner?

If you answered the Poly, you answered wrong.

So what if your partner sits the poly? They are still alive, and the target you cleansed Flame Shock off is still alive. Whereas you could have cleansed the poly, and the Flame Shock target got gibbed.

Are you going to dispel the poly on one partner, or the Frost Bomb + Deep on the other? It's the same concept.

And all it takes is the Ele using one other shock spell for the healer to get caught up on Flame Shock dispel, since all shocks share a CD.
I normally dispel the cone of cold off myself because it makes me feel fast.

Except no healer can consistently dispel a 6 second flame shock off three targets (with a 8 second dispel) while tons of other ccs are flying about and lots of damage pouring in.

Dispelling the poly on your partner, or dispelling the Flame Shock on your other partner?

So what if your partner sits the poly? They are still alive, and the target you cleansed Flame Shock off is still alive. Whereas you could have cleansed the poly, and the Flame Shock target got gibbed.

Are you going to dispel the poly on one partner, or the Frost Bomb + Deep on the other? It's the same concept.

And all it takes is the Ele using one other shock spell for the healer to get caught up on Flame Shock dispel, since all shocks share a CD.

Here is the problem with this, and I don't blame you for trying, because every OP class tries this argument:

When the only defense you have for your class is to say, "Well, all you have to do is focus all of your time, energy, CD's, GCD's and awareness on not getting globaled by us and we are effectively shut down", then you are basically illustrating for us why you need to be nerfed.

Healer is the one getting poly`d %95 of the time (unless major DPS cds are popped) so your ``example`` is not a good one. Frost Bomb + Deep is a 30 second combo that can lead to big damage, while flame shock is a 6 second ability that can lead to big damage (see the difference).
ele are a kind of class that either works really well or sucks terribly (by design). Why are people attached to playing specs that wont work in pvp? just reroll and stop qqing so !@#$ like eles wont ever happen. Something is always going to be OP in this game but if it doesnt change at least its not bothersome.

This may be the right concept but the fact that a 6-8 sec cd dot (instant)that may or may not give procs is being weighed to a frost bomb shatter/deep set up (casted) is ridiculous to me.
From your logic we should give flame shock a cast time with maybe an increase in proc chance if you cast nature spells on your target. because you know if damage is stoppable its not OP.
Ele is balanced bro, just like ferals are balanced. Clearly all you have to do is be pro and dispel those 6 sec cd flame shocks...
Ele is balanced bro, just like ferals are balanced. Clearly all you have to do is be pro and dispel those 6 sec cd flame shocks...
How dare you walk up in dis thread wearing dat xmog, I'm gonna have to ask ya ta leave and get some mo swag.

If you're going to attempt at using humorous sarcasm, at least get a simple cooldown correct =[.

just reroll and stop qqing so !@#$ like eles wont ever happen.

The issue with your statement is simple, the LvB change was for PvE so Elemental wouldn't be using .5 second lavaburst. In PvP the overall change from 5.2-5.3 was roughly 10% damage. You see, Elemental could always do this as pre-buff my LvB hit only ~11k less than they do now. Ele seemed to take a spotlight when it was given basically 10% passive damage reduction, which makes sense since it means Ele is much less trainable than it was pre-patch, 10% is massive.

So no, the only buff for PvP was LS glyph. Blizzard would never buff LvB for PvP they have said so themselves but Ele realllly needed it for PvE. So however they nerf Ele will be interesting, but I can say it won't be drastic and it won't be till the patch because according to them it's not op.
07/07/2013 07:36 AMPosted by Sensations
If you're going to attempt at using humorous sarcasm, at least get a simple cooldown correct =[.

Last time I checked the cool down was 6 seconds so i don't know what you are talking about.

The issue with your statement is simple, the LvB change was for PvE so Elemental wouldn't be using .5 second lavaburst. In PvP the overall change from 5.2-5.3 was roughly 10% damage. You see, Elemental could always do this as pre-buff my LvB hit only ~11k less than they do now. Ele seemed to take a spotlight when it was given basically 10% passive damage reduction, which makes sense since it means Ele is much less trainable than it was pre-patch, 10% is massive.

So no, the only buff for PvP was LS glyph. Blizzard would never buff LvB for PvP they have said so themselves but Ele realllly needed it for PvE. So however they nerf Ele will be interesting, but I can say it won't be drastic and it won't be till the patch because according to them it's not op.
You heard it here first, 25% damage buff to Lava burst wasn't even a real buff.
Flame Shock has a 5 sec cd no?

Last time I checked the cool down was 6 seconds so i don't know what you are talking about.

You heard it here first, 25% damage buff to Lava burst wasn't even a real buff.

Actually a portion of the % buff was counted, as you can see I said going from 5.2 to 5.3, if you remember PvP power was reduced which is what I factored in. Also, flame shock has a 5 second cooldown for Ele ;).
07/07/2013 05:01 AMPosted by Kagan
A lot of classes are flying under the radar currently. Like Unholy DKs for instance.

un dks are somewhat peelable and predictable. ele shamans however are not.

Lolwot? UH dks peelable? Ele is considerably easier to deal with it is only hard to counter when they play with a lock and you can't keep FS off the team mate getting focused.

Also ele (much like dks) is heavily reliant on high damage because of poor utility, if they even reverted the buffs then ele would once again be a free kill.

PS: Before "lol op shaman defending class" I play resto atm and ele nerfs wouldn't affect how I play.
I don't like ele but don't compare them to feral..Lol I just have my partner(s) train them until we win.
Most people who have problems with Ele shaman are the same teams who let them free cast in ascendace. I've watched multiple streams where even R1 were completely ignoring the shaman and they just get killed in 2 seconds and then are like "OMG HOW DID I DIE SO FAST?!?!"

You wouldn't let a mage freecast on you. Why is ele any different? I don't complain when I lose to an ele. I decide how I messed up, oh I should have dispel spiritwalker's, oh I should have windsheared his lava burst, should have hexed him, should have spell locked him, should have feared him, should have gripped him etc etc. There are so many things you can do to stop an ele it's ridiculous. Just people get lazy and fall into that state where they ignore ele shaman because ele has been bad for so long and die.

That being said Ele RNG burst needs to be toned down, mostly Lava Surge procs immediately following a lava burst cast or elemental burst cast can lead to 200k+ damage down in a global.
07/07/2013 08:38 AMPosted by Sotec

un dks are somewhat peelable and predictable. ele shamans however are not.

Lolwot? UH dks peelable? Ele is considerably easier to deal with it is only hard to counter when they play with a lock and you can't keep FS off the team mate getting focused.

Also ele (much like dks) is heavily reliant on high damage because of poor utility, if they even reverted the buffs then ele would once again be a free kill.

PS: Before "lol op shaman defending class" I play resto atm and ele nerfs wouldn't affect how I play.

DK's can be snared and rooted quite easily, and they sit full disarms because none of them run with a weapon chain. Ele, unlike DKs, don't have poor utility. They have poor CC, but their utility is almost unmatched. Tremor, grounding, sheer, offheals, and a curse dispel is huge for any team.
We may do plenty of damage, but all of skills are casted so most classes can shut us down. We're not very good at all when we're getting attacked.

Ele does not get shut down whatsoever by getting trained
What's real funny is that elemental shamans are so far ahead of hunters in pve damage but are getting buffs while hunters are getting nerfs.

Blizz bases most of their buffs and nerfs on 1200 arena player QQ and what classes the dev's are currently playing.
What's real funny is that elemental shamans are so far ahead of hunters in pve damage but are getting buffs while hunters are getting nerfs.

Blizz bases most of their buffs and nerfs on 1200 arena player QQ and what classes the dev's are currently playing.

Just stop, the arena forums are for trolling purposes. If you want to qq about hunter damage the Damage dealing forums are that way ------>.
Because Elemental is not OP, you can counter the damage it's just not how damage is usually done. You have to be entirely proactive, dispel flameshocks constantly on the person they're tunneling, purge off lava surge procs asap, control him constantly. This won't guarantee his godsend rng won't work, but it'll stop a lot of it.

They said they know Elemental is quite strong, which is true and they're going to nerf lava burst a bit. But one nerf too strong Elemental is back to garbage because it brings nothing worth bringing other than loldamage which is how the spec has always been and when it doesn't bring damage only a few play it. So they're obviously thinking of a way to stop it but not make elemental worthless again for multiple seasons. ;)

Come on... you gotta admit Ele is overpowered. They can take someone from 60% - 0% without any warning at all.