Open Libram LXXXVI: Hero of the Day

Paladin
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
I was always OOMing when I ran as Holy, which is why I built my spec around Selfless Healer and Battle Healer. Worked ridiculously well for me, but I don't necessarily recommend it. LOL
Hmm I dont ever have mana issues to warrant having to melee, maybe I'm Holying wrong

Couldn't tell you.

He rarely has mana issues himself (actually the best Healer in our relatively weak healing core) but when it won't cause problems on the fight he melees the boss, cause it's free.

07/10/2013 01:21 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
Dunno how the hell that happened

/shrug

Yeah, I'm bummed about that part too.

As Grom pointed out I really don't see the glyph change hurting Rets who like to use it too much.

Although the new iteration might be so weak as to not be worth using I guess.
We really were hoping to clear to Lei Shen Last night so that we would have 3 full nights for progression. Over the course of the night:

we are really near a primordius kill and there was a lot of hemming and hawing over if we wanted to just clear everything up to him on normal this week just to get to him quicker and have more time on him.

Prot should have never gotten Sanctity of Battle.

i agree, it should be a ret passive, its flat out useless for holy and i don't think it occurred to them how prot would end up using it.

i remember when it was just a place to waste points in cata and you didn't even take it for pvp because haste? what haste?

i don't like the SoL change for holy, it seems kind of pointless since the mana return is minimal, but then i also feel that holy paladins in general are kind of 'meh' right now and don't really need nerfs.

they really need to look at disc priests.....
i don't think it occurred to them how prot would end up using it.

It didn't, they've appeared fairly shocked about it the entire expansion. I thought they were going to take a hammer too it in 5.1 when they first took a pass at Grand Crusader but they backed off.

They'll let it stay for the expansion at least, may even balance around it in the future. Meh.

they really need to look at disc priests.....

http://i.imgur.com/VO2LGBO.gif

All hail Doodlegnome, and the person who originally wrote that who I forget.
shouldn't blizz be destroying haste tanking?

In my opinion they should, but they're not going too this expansion. Would cause far too much backlash.

Prot should have never gotten Sanctity of Battle.

It's fine for them to have it, but they should have known (because they were TOLD) that haste would outscale any other stat. They shouldn't break it now, because there's just no way for them to truly get the message out officially that for most tanks, in 5.4 all your gear is wrong, and they can't realistically just put a patch live after intentionally making it bad and expect everyone to just deal with it. Even taking sanctity of battle might not break it though, because it's still going to mean more SoI and more sacred shield.

07/10/2013 01:18 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
and it seriously hurts me because I'm apparently the only battle healer ret in the world.

I've used it on occasion but it never seemed to make a substantial difference.

I too dislike them gutting Battle Healer but it really was terribly OP when used by Prot.

It should be a ret-only glyph. It's useless for holy, they just don't do any actual melee damage, but as ret it's fairly significant. Swing for swing, it's more healing than justice does damage. Justice does about 6k, and Insight heals about 9k, outside of pvp. Basically any time the glyph heals anyone, you're up on output. Together they account for about 30-40% my healing done in pvp, which in an average BG can mean over two million. Just a short BfG right now they were 1.5 mil effective healing.

But try and get a word in on the PTR forums about how it applies to an incredibly small number of rets, and it's just drowned out.
07/10/2013 01:39 PMPosted by Cayse
It should be a ret-only glyph.

That would be a better solution.

But try and get a word in on the PTR forums about how it applies to an incredibly small number of rets, and it's just drowned out.

Well no surprise there.

but they should have known (because they were TOLD)

Since when has Blizzard ever listened to what it's told?

Really from some of their past interactions I get the impression that they look down on the theorycrafting community.
http://i.imgur.com/VO2LGBO.gif

remember in wolk when most people still didn't quite understand disc and complained about their low healing numbers....

and then they noticed the PW:S spam and how you couldn't really do HLK without them....
Really from some of their past interactions I get the impression that they look down on the theorycrafting community.

They really seem like they do.
Funny, when they finally get Ret in a good spot, they mess up the other two specs.
Even taking sanctity of battle might not break it though, because it's still going to mean more SoI and more sacred shield.

Would that be enough to keep haste above avoidance, though, if haste isn't bolstering Holy Power generation, too? I really wouldn't think so.
For tanks at 45% gear haste.. 3 second sacred shield ticks and weapon swing timers in the .5 second range. That's a lot to give up, and they might think it's enough to keep with haste.
...How get .5s swing timer? One-handers these days are 2.6 speed, and 55% attack speed (45% gear haste, 10% IAS aura) comes out to 1.68s. Factoring in Hero only brings that down to 1.33s.

Or did you simply mean one weapon hit every half second, factoring in Crusader Strike at a 3.1s ACD?
Dammit, just got caught with that Mastery > Crit > Haste thread .. stupid necro threads.

[e] and almost replied to a second - that Lightbringer one. *sigh*
Interesting Wrathion audio on mmochamp. So show of hands, who was surprised by the upcoming "twist" in 5.4? Anyone?

Battlehealer was a screwed glyph from the get-go. Asking ret to sacrifice damage over utility is generally not going to make something extremely niche. The cross-use from prot was just the last nail in it's coffin.

Speaking of seals, it would be nice if Seal of Justice was allowed to proc from Judgement again. What with BoG going away.
I dunno what happened to my gear, but since getting the 4set, my stat weights have been really weird, with haste, crit, and mastery all just in the .55 to .59 of strength range.
I dunno what happened to my gear, but since getting the 4set, my stat weights have been really weird, with haste, crit, and mastery all just in the .55 to .59 of strength range.

You had 2pT14 until recently, yes? Could be the loss of that static TV damage pushing strength's value up to compensate. Kinda hilarious, though, how far down strength's relative value drops from the iL 600 cape.
Interesting Wrathion audio on mmochamp. So show of hands, who was surprised by the upcoming "twist" in 5.4? Anyone?

Yes the guy who we've been questing for thinks both factions are idiots huzzah
Spoilerz guyz amg.
07/10/2013 04:15 PMPosted by Chaz

Yes the guy who we've been questing for thinks both factions are idiots huzzah

Well, he is still a black dragon - they always seemed the most egomaniacal of the Five Flights.
First they said that Battle Healer was designed with ret in mind. Now they are saying it was designed for holy. They just make this stuff up as they go along guys.

I am still expecting them to come out and say that Seal of Insight was never intended to be used by prot lol.

And no, I am not a sky is falling type person, none of the changes will have any significant impact on me. I just like pointing out the absurdity of statements that Blizzard devs like to make. They really weave some tangled webs sometimes.