Money at 90: dailies or farming?

General Discussion
Is the easiest way to keep money coming in at lv 90 just to do the dailies in Panda? Or is farming Ghost Ore a better money maker per hour?

Or anything else really - just want to keep some gold coming it - not get rich :)
the easiest way to make money is to save your money and don't buy anything you don't "need"
Farming at your Tillers farm is the most expedient way to do both and make a ton of gold. : )
Do both. And don't spend any money.

Remember this one simple rule. The AH is for selling things. Not buying.

Use all your daily cooldowns on all your professions. Do your Tiller farm on all your toons everyday. Use your professions to complement each other.

Use your professions to make your own gems, enchants, glyphs, etc. Even if your profession doesn't make you a ton of money it is saving you money by keeping you off the AH.

You'll be rich in no time at all.
Ghost Iron is a huge seller. Try farming Warscouts just for the bags that have a chance to drop. They contain multiple valuable items ranging from Ghost Iron Ore, Trillium Ore both black and white, Windwool cloth, various herbs, sometimes a full stack of Golden Lotus and gear.

I did this for one week, 1 to 2 hours a day and made well over 50k gold. How much do you want to make?
Do what you enjoy doing and be smart about spending and you are pretty safe depite repair bills comming your way in group/raid content.
reading patch notes and seeing what is in demand for next patch
the easiest way to make money is to save your money and don't buy anything you don't "need"

Do both.

Cheers.

Agreed, and what you farm will depend on what's selling or what you can use for your profs.

Servers economy's vary a lot.
Farming ore/herbs is how I first broke into making any kind of real gold. I saved up about 50k from that, then made alts with good gold making professions (jewelcrafting, enchanting, transmute alch, inscription). The 4 professions above make me around 50k-75k/week (profit), and completely dwarfed the work involved with mining/herbalism. I still feel like herbalism/mining is the quickest way to first get started making any kind of real amount of gold, though.

Doing your daily farm is a good quick way to make some gold, also. Plant the enigma seeds, then sell the herbs on the AH.

I would probably put doing quest at one of the slower ways of making gold.
Ore and herbs are like 3x or more profitable than dallies.
Instances also earn you a lot of money over time, granted repair bills can wipe u back to zero or even into the red depending on the groups, but if you have guild repair often times that's all you need to keep your gold influx while doing the VP cap race every week.
Is the easiest way to keep money coming in at lv 90 just to do the dailies in Panda? Or is farming Ghost Ore a better money maker per hour?

Or anything else really - just want to keep some gold coming it - not get rich :)

Buying Ghost Iron Ore off the Auction House. Prospecting that Ore. Turning the results of the prospecting into various items. Selling the items on the auction house.

2 hours yesterday. 8,000 in Ghost Iron Ore (55-65 gold per 20 ore). Sold the items after processing. Made 15,000 gold yesterday. So 7,000 profit in 2 hours. Still selling stuff from that run so it will be higher.
Thanks all!

Follow up: I have mining and herbalism. It seems like herbs do not sell. Would it make sense to change herb to gemcrafting? I could make money off gems and make my own gems.

Buying Ghost Iron Ore off the Auction House. Prospecting that Ore. Turning the results of the prospecting into various items. Selling the items on the auction house.

2 hours yesterday. 8,000 in Ghost Iron Ore (55-65 gold per 20 ore). Sold the items after processing. Made 15,000 gold yesterday. So 7,000 profit in 2 hours. Still selling stuff from that run so it will be higher.

I wish gems sold that good on my server :( many blue quality gems sell for less than 80g each, meaning if I prospect a full stack and get no blue quality gems out of it, I am losing money. Happens a lot on my server sadly.
I'd say an alchy .. at least for me.. the uncut jewels sell better than the cut ones. You can make them with an alchy.. that and the cool down. You sell those pretty well too.
Farming at your Tillers farm is the most expedient way to do both and make a ton of gold. : )

Supplement with mining/herbing and you'll be rich fairly quickly.
Thanks all!

Follow up: I have mining and herbalism. It seems like herbs do not sell. Would it make sense to change herb to gemcrafting? I could make money off gems and make my own gems.

If you struggle in selling the Herbs, then i don't see why not go to JC. With the upcoming patch, the new gear people will be receiving will need gems, so the Gem values will increase upon Patch week.

I keep an increasing gold supply by ...

1. Doing a random heroic and/or scenario 2-3 times per week.
2. Doing an LFR wing a couple times per month.

That's it. I keep a "comfort zone" of about 6k minimum gold, then over time it grows to a little more than 12k gold, then dips if I need a boatload of new gems/chants that I don't have easy access to on my alts.

But I also don't have much for expenditures. Most raid consumables are taken care of by guild, a portion of repairs are covered by guild, and I don't buy things like pets or mounts.
Thanks all!

Well for starters. I would give herbs a little more time to sell. High level herbs should sell like hotcakes at the right time of the day.

However, if that doesn't work out then I would probably do a jewelcrafter. It compliments mining well. Instead of selling the ore you mine, you would instead prospect it for gems. One drawback to doing a JC, is the fact that it is one of the most expensive professions to level (unless you farm for your mats, which is quite time consuming in CRZ areas).

A transmute alchemist is another solid choice. I have 5 of them, and they have huge profit margins with doing little each day. The biggest thing is doing your daily cooldown for living steel and making some trillium bars. This profession is another good compliment to mining. You would take you ore, make it into ghost iron bars. Then you take your alchemist and make trillium bars out of the ghost iron bars. Then you can do your daily cooldown for living steel (when this procs, big profit happens). Sell some trillium on AH, and sell your living steel too. Also, alchemy is one of the cheapest professions to level.

Either of those, are solid choices.