Threat problems aplenty

Paladin
After doing most of my mist raiding on my monk tank, I figured I'd give my paladin a swirl, but noticed a very obvious problem:
My paladin can't hold threat to save his life.
Of course I have Righteous Fury always up, and my hit and expertise are both capped at 7.5%/15% respectively.
I even tried using the Capacitive Primal Diamond to no avail.
Is the haste build no longer viable?

I get the feeling the problem's staring me right in the face, so I'd really appreciate any input you guys can give me.
Are you popping Wings and/or HA on pull to give you a solid threat lead?
Are we talking raid bosses, dungeons, or what?

What kind of DPS are you putting out?
I...really don't know how to answer this on the grounds that, a) I don't raid, and b) I've never had a problem with threat. What is your, ahem, "rotation?" Are you using cooldowns on the initial pull to build a solid threat lead?

If you're not putting out the necessary DPS, you're not generating as much threat as you should be. There could be the issue of DPS not watching their own threat, which could be an issue (probably not the issue, though) if they significantly outgear you.

Haste shouldn't be the problem; in fact, when it comes to threat, haste is probably our most beneficial stat. (Aside from faster HP generation and the more frequent SotR uptime, of course.)

EDIT: Actually, has that bug with RF been fixed yet? I remember a lot of people saying that for a while after 5.3 came out, RF wasn't providing threat, even though you had the buff. I even experienced it myself.

Apparently removing the buff and reapplying it fixes that. It might be worth a shot, idk.
I usually pop wings at the start and save Avenger for when I need the burst SotR for the damage reduction.

It's mainly regular raids and the occasional LFR.
The last raid I did was normal mode Tortos. I did 58.9k dps.
What, exactly, is your the threat issue - AoE or ST? For AoE, you're making generous use of HotR, Cons, and HW? For ST, you are using CS over HotR, making use of Cons and HW?
Aoe threat isn't so bad. It's mainly the single target, like taunting off the other tank when their stacks hit the certain point, only to lose threat shortly after.

Maybe what Valethria said has some merit.
I'm using the same rotations I usually use, which worked fine back in Tier 14.
I'll give canceling the RF aura a try.
Aoe threat isn't so bad. It's mainly the single target, like taunting off the other tank when their stacks hit the certain point, only to lose threat shortly after.

Ah. In that case, it might not entirely be on your end. During a tank swap, the other tank needs to lay off for a bit so you can build a threat lead, or throw HoS at him. This is especially true if he's putting out more numbers than you.

(No idea if that's the "right" way to do it, but that's how I've always done it, and it works well.)

On the plus side, next patch they're buffing Reckoning (and all taunts, actually) so that you generate even more threat for a few seconds after taunting. That might be a huge help.
Try slapping your co-tank with Hand of Salvation to temporarily hide his threat - Hand of Protection if absolutely necessary.
I generate crazy amounts of threat tanking on my monk, to the point I need to use a cancelaura macro to throttle Vengeance during tank swaps.

But slapping Hand of Salv on the other tank is a good idea. I'll have to macro that.
Right after a tank swap, the other tank will still have full Vengeance, and you won't yet, which means the other tank is doing more DPS (= threat) than you. But taunting only sets your threat equal to his, so if he doesn't ease up his attacks, or change out of his tank stance, or otherwise specifically avoid doing so, he'll pull right back ahead and regain aggro. If this is the case, the problem is at least partly not your own error, although you can mitigate it with HoS/HoP as Grognard says.

Prot paladin damage relies more heavily on Vengeance than other tanks, too, which can make this problem especially severe for us.
The last raid I did was normal mode Tortos. I did 58.9k dps.

The last time I did Tortos (last week) on normal, I pulled 250k DPS.

Your rotation is simply wrong.
I generate crazy amounts of threat tanking on my monk, to the point I need to use a cancelaura macro to throttle Vengeance during tank swaps.

Monks do that. The other tanks generally don't.

This should hopefully be fixed in 5.4 with taunts causing you to also generate 200% extra threat for a few seconds. Until then, yeah, you're gonna have to give your co-tank the stink-eye until he eases up during tank swaps.