Paladin Exorcisim?

Paladin
So, when i switched to Ret, i was reading through the spells, i came across art of war. It says it has a 20% chance of reseting Exorcisim through Melee attacks. I get that. But what i dont get. Is when it resets why does it light up and show the two little things around my guy, similar to the things on other classes which tell you, you have something stacked and ready for a critical hit? but yet it has no buff on my guy? please HELP!
When that spell alert was originally designed, the Art of War proc was indeed a buff. Now it's just a cooldown reset, but still plays the spell alert when it goes off.
Thats whack.
So itself lighting up is rather pointless other then to let you now its ready? Ravicana.
So itself lighting up is rather pointless other then to let you now its ready? Ravicana.
The spell alert up tells you that a proc just procced, which is the point of spell alerts.

Sudden Death, for example, works the same way.
It's letting you know Art of War proc'ed and reset the cooldown. Same thing happens with other classes that have cooldown reset procs like Lava Surge or Shooting Stars.