MPPM: Tiny Blue Carp

Pet Battles
Cute, petite, and surrounded by a bubble of water . . . it's the Tiny Blue Carp! This elusive pet has a few cousins who look similar, but I'm wondering if any of you Pet Battlers have gotten this one. They seem deceptively sweet, but I have a feeling they're probably pretty vicious in a fight. Anglers and tamers alike, feel free to chime in with your thoughts and stories!
Haven't caught this bubble of goodness yet. Does he come out of the water as a common or as a rare?
I've caught him and 2 of his cousins, in fact i've caught his green cousin twice... however his red cousin is eluding me ; ;
I want to fish him up, I really do. There's just too many other things I want to do whenever I log on...
07/19/2013 03:13 PMPosted by Belï
Does he come out of the water as a common or as a rare?

The item you fish up won't be blue, but the pet is rare quality once you learn it. ;)
I tend to sell these on the ah. Takes awhile to catch them but i do need ironpaw tokens
I want to fish him up, I really do. There's just too many other things I want to do whenever I log on...

This. I can only fish for one lure worth of time - 10 min is my limit nowadays. Too antsy - things to do, people/mobs to kill! The alts will fish if we need fish but I do want the baby carpses. Maybe someday (someday when I hit a jackpot and can stay home to fish all day!).
I think it's pretty boss.
I really want this pet for an Arcane Storm team, but I haven't bothered with fishing forever. They never appear on my backwater realm's AH, so I'm leveling a toon on a high pop realm just for pets like these. Soon, little blue fish, soon.
This Battle Pet is actually slightly bugged. I created a thread in the PTR Bug Report forum about this for Patch 5.2, but the thread was deleted when the PTR cycle ended and the bug was never fixed (and presumably never added to the internal list of bugs, which is quite worrying - why should I continue to spend time submitting detailed and accurate bug reports if they're going to be deleted and never read?).

The base stats for the Tiny Red, Green, and White Carp are 7.5, 8, 8.5.
The base stats for the Tiny Blue Carp are 7.5, 8.5, 8.5. Its power base stat should be lowered from 8.5 to 8 to match the rest of the Carp.

The Tiny Blue Carp actually has the best moveset out of all four Carp colors; it certainly doesn't deserve higher stats than the rest, so I know this is not intentional. Somebody typed an extra ".5" on the end of the power number when they were filling these out.
Tiny red carp still eludes me which is very annoying because you catch worthless fish when fishing for it. Was pretty lucky with the other three. Probably to compensate for the fact that I don't have the sea turtle yet.
Blue was my first. But very excited now, because I just fished up the red to finish my set. Darn thing eluded me for a long time!
Can they be traded? My fishing is very low...
Can they be traded? My fishing is very low...

Yes
This Battle Pet is actually slightly bugged. I created a thread in the PTR Bug Report forum about this for Patch 5.2, but the thread was deleted when the PTR cycle ended and the bug was never fixed (and presumably never added to the internal list of bugs, which is quite worrying - why should I continue to spend time submitting detailed and accurate bug reports if they're going to be deleted and never read?).

The base stats for the Tiny Red, Green, and White Carp are 7.5, 8, 8.5.
The base stats for the Tiny Blue Carp are 7.5, 8.5, 8.5. Its power base stat should be lowered from 8.5 to 8 to match the rest of the Carp.

The Tiny Blue Carp actually has the best moveset out of all four Carp colors; it certainly doesn't deserve higher stats than the rest, so I know this is not intentional. Somebody typed an extra ".5" on the end of the power number when they were filling these out.

maybe it wasnt added because it isnt a bug?
I wanted to get them, but haven't gotten luck with any of the fish yet.
I fished up Turtle mount instead...
maybe it wasnt added because it isnt a bug?

Because it doesn't make sense for three Carps to have identical stats and one to be off by 0.5.
Because it doesn't make sense to allow a single pet to have more stats than any other in the entire game.

It's a pretty obvious bug.

I bet the problem is that at the end of every PTR cycle, Blizzard wipes the forum clean and says "oh, if the issue still exists I'm sure they'll report it again!" That's the only reasonable explanation I can think of, but it isn't really reasonable at all - just mass move the forum's threads into the normal Bug Report forums.
Do u fish them in the fish circles or can u just fish them up anywhere? Also while trying this I got the turtle mount ;)
First one I caught! He seemed blue so I am working on getting his brothers.
Small buff to the drop rate would be super nice..Staring at a blue screen for hours on end is sooooooo not fun..