Guild Bank control -- prevent player stacking

General Discussion
I think that it would be a good idea to prevent players from stacking items in the guild bank.

Assuming you have limited certain players from taking more than one stack out of the guild bank, It wouldn't be beyond reason for the player to take out a living steel bar so he can make himself a living steel belt buckle.

The problem is that if there is an entire stack of living steel belt buckles in the bank, the value difference in the amount of damage he can cause is huge. If I wanted somebody to be capable of obtaining only one bar of living steel, I would need to keep a single bar in that entire tab.

What if I could just put one or two in a stack and separate them into multiple stacks without the need to worry about a single person stacking them all up into 20 and taking the whole thing?
You can prevent people from taking anything from a guild bank. Stacking isn't your problem. Giving permissions to people that will misuse them is your problem. Put high value items on tabs without general access. That way you can control what goes in and what goes out.

Alternately, only put one buckle into a tab at a time.

I don't want to give up the convenience of stacking because you cannot control your permissions correctly.
Honestly, most players are really good about not taking more than what they need, and if they do, putting back the excess or paying back the difference, and, IMO, it's not really worth implementing a new feature just to deal with the few bad apples in the bunch. Also, don't GMs have a log with information on who took how many of what on each trip into the GB? Assuming they do, it's really more up to the GMs to confront the people taking excess and turning a profit on it, and not on Blizz, especially since you can just shift-click the item and take X amount FROM the stack. Also, Higeki has a point. Just stick a few of the belt buckles in a general access tab, limit the withdrawal rate of your guildies, and stick the rest into like an Officer-only or GM-only tab.
Give gbank access to only those you trust.

If someone needs something from the gbank, then a trusted member can withdraw it for them.

That's pretty much how the gbank worked in every guild I've been in. I want Haunting Spirits from my gbank, I ask the GM and he gives them to me.
A lack of planning on your part is not a crisis on Blizzard's part.
I think that it would be a good idea to prevent players from stacking items in the guild bank.

Assuming you have limited certain players from taking more than one stack out of the guild bank, It wouldn't be beyond reason for the player to take out a living steel bar so he can make himself a living steel belt buckle.

The problem is that if there is an entire stack of living steel belt buckles in the bank, the value difference in the amount of damage he can cause is huge. If I wanted somebody to be capable of obtaining only one bar of living steel, I would need to keep a single bar in that entire tab.

What if I could just put one or two in a stack and separate them into multiple stacks without the need to worry about a single person stacking them all up into 20 and taking the whole thing?

If you have concerns about players in your guild taking undue advantage of guild resources in the guild bank, I might perhaps recommend finding different guild members.

Barring that, put control of your bank in the hands of the guild master and officers only.

If you can't trust your officers, you definitely should consider finding more trustworthy officers.

If a player can't wait 24 hours or so for an officer to mail them an item or deliver it to them, perhaps they can make use of the auction house.

I have zero issues with players stealing things from my guild bank, because I keep control over it, and we're high-enough level, and I'm online often enough, that they can get what they want within fairly short order.
I could be wrong, but last I heard you could only restack items if you had deposit access to the tab. If you can only withdraw, you can only take the stacks that are already there but can't put multiple stacks together to get more.
Rofl at this thread.

If you all think you can 100% trust every guild member you have, then you are absolutely fooling yourself. If you haven't had anything stolen YET, you have been lucky - so far.
Rofl at this thread.

If you all think you can 100% trust every guild member you have, then you are absolutely fooling yourself. If you haven't had anything stolen YET, you have been lucky - so far.

My guild only allows officers to take things out. Nothing has ever been stolen.
Rofl at this thread.

My guild only allows officers to take things out. Nothing has ever been stolen.

If you haven't had anything stolen YET, you have been lucky - so far.