Haste vs. Mastery for Holy?

Paladin
I've been doing some reading about whether a haste build can compete with mastery. It hasn't turned up much, and most people aren't really going into depth about why haste is not preferable. Mastery usually accounts for about 30% of my total healing, so I can see why it's awesome, but I feel like I'm casting too slowly between shocks and infusion procs and I'm getting heal sniped constantly, thus losing out on heals done/HPS.

Is it possible to go with a haste build (which would greatly cut down on being sniped) and still put out a comparable amount of healing? I've already tried it in game, but I'm not able to get much haste through reforging my current gear, so I'd like the opinions of those who have tried it.

Thanks!
A Haste build with Selfless Healer is looking really appealing next patch, because Haste will lower Holy Shock's CD in addition to Judgment which will give a Holy Power when specced into SH.
I miss stacking haste and having sub 2 second Holy Lights. Next patch I'm totally going balls to the wall with haste.
In Live , Staking Mastery now its the optimal build.

In 5.4 seems to be Haste>Mastery. becouse Eternal Flame DOT effect dont apply Mastery effect.
I am going to value the following next patch:

Int < Spirit < Haste < Crit < Mastery

Shamans are really becoming a thing, spam purge on my mastery shields really pisses me off.

PS: Ignore the awful state of my current gear, I'm in transition to holy as pvp and am very broke, lol. Plus, practicing undergeared really helps play when you are geared.
I am going to value the following next patch:

Int < Spirit < Haste < Crit < Mastery

Shamans are really becoming a thing, spam purge on my mastery shields really pisses me off.

PS: Ignore the awful state of my current gear, I'm in transition to holy as pvp and am very broke, lol. Plus, practicing undergeared really helps play when you are geared.

** Int > Spirit > Haste > Crit > Mastery?
I'm just used to reading the inequality signs as "less/greater than" and it just sounded weird when I was reading this post.

Since MoP hit, the general consensus regarding haste is that it's a bad stat for us. Although that's all going to change when 5.4 hits, you'll find it more beneficial to hit the soft cap for Eternal Flame and dump reforges into Spirit, Crit, or Mastery.
** Int > Spirit > Haste > Crit > Mastery?

Ah yes, sorry! That's what I meant. Typos.