Timeless Isle, a hint to next expansion?

General Discussion
*Some 5.4 spoilers ahead. Read at your own discretion*

So, with 5.4's release, the overall plot seems to take a bit of a branch-off moment with the Timeless Isle. It seems so separate and developers named it a "good-bye" to Pandaria. But, if we think about this further, we can also look at Pandaria as a play on "Mists of Pandaria", the expansion and the developers could have meant that this was not just a good-bye to the island and expansion, but also a hello to the newest expansion on the horizon.

The popular theory at the moment is that the next expansion would be one of the Burning Legion, and while it's inevitable that we'll fight them again, Wrathion seems to hint at it not comign so soon. In his voice files, he states that he wanted to see Varian rule Azeroth and that after Orgrimmar there would continue to be fighting for at least another year before taking Thunder Bluff. Note that he said a year. This is the guy that saw the coming of the Legion. If he knew that Varian would have to take at least a year to conquer, why risk it when the Legion is so close. Unless he knew, of course, that the Legion wasn't THAT close.

Timeless Isle seems a bit misplaced and it does introduce a few new things. For one, the Timewalkers. Why introduce a new intriguing faction (to the game) like that so late into the expansion? The only reasoning I see behind it is for future use and a set-up to things to come.

An interesting theory I saw in Scrolls of Lore forums is that Timewalkers could be a new class. It was noted that the Timewalkers in Timeless Isle have three branches: Wardens, Weavers, and Watchers. This could be the new specs. Wardens seem to be Defenders like tanks, Weavers seem to use chronomancy which is a form of casting, and I'd guess that Watchers would be more melee-based dps.

I'm intrigued by the idea of a time-based expansion due to the possible routes and exploration we can take. The expansion leaves it open for other areas outside the realm of time that we can visit much like the Timeless Isle. I'll let you think about this for a bit.
Necro, but you were kinda right. It's late and had this idea about how MoP was and if it did hint at new expansion
07/24/2013 04:06 PMPosted by Nize
I'll let you think about this for a bit.
Thanks! I'll give it a good think.
11/14/2018 10:27 PMPosted by Sayanfist
Necro, but you were kinda right. It's late and had this idea about how MoP was and if it did hint at new expansion

Necroing is bad and you should feel bad.

THREAD LOCKDOWN PLEASE!
Twas' the night before the revamp, when all through the threads,
The necros were rising from their forgotten beds.
The posters revived them without a shred of a care,
Defying St. Blizzard and laughing from their chair.
Its a shame that this thread didn't get more views/recognition back in its day, because this is actually a pretty neat idea. Moreover, In a recent video Nobbel was saying he'd love to hear more about the bronze/infinite dragonflight.

At the very very very beginning (I'm talking late MoP and beta) of WoD, there were a few signs that they'd be a bit more included in the story. Infinite dragonflight guys were even spawning outside the caverns of time in Tanaris, and an important dragon got assassinated there at the very end of the quests in SoO with the hourglass of time we did with Kairoz.

A thing tying both together could be woven together very well, and continue the theme of mortals more taking over the job that the dragonflights can't do anymore (or at least be better at helping with).
Yes yes hmm
time-based expansion

Vile necromancy aside, it's hilarious to read this kind of idealism about what would become WoD.

Which, honestly, at this point WoD is a bit like George W. Bush. Sure, it's still objectively horrible, but seems kinda charming in the light of what we're dealing with now.
11/14/2018 11:11 PMPosted by Aled
time-based expansion

Vile necromancy aside, it's hilarious to read this kind of idealism about what would become WoD.

Which, honestly, at this point WoD is a bit like George W. Bush. Sure, it's still objectively horrible, but seems kinda charming in the light of what we're dealing with now.

I'd take 10 BFAs before I ever took another WoD, personally.