High Elf Roleplay - Beginner Suggestions

Moon Guard
F*ck it.

I'm a Worg'dorei.

False. You're A Quel'gen.
Well here's a hint - rather than attack the guide writers, why not attack said people that are treating RP guides as the tablets of the law before the Israelites?

this will become a resource for those seeking to not only roleplay High Elves, but roleplay them -well-

07/28/2013 09:02 AMPosted by Dawnstríke
Then go ahead and write a more correct guide by your standards.

If you want the above statement to prove true, why not just fix your "guide?"
You're all quite hostile.

Bestrick says, "Cheer up, everyone. My glorious a** is here. Your negativity shouldn't dirty my perfection."
I don't really need any fanon-based guide to tell me how to RP my high elf.
07/28/2013 09:02 AMPosted by Dawnstríke
Why would I froth at the mouth about your guild? Is that why you're being so abrasive, because you think I care about your guild? My stance on guides has always been the same: to show where they are wrong so people can stop using them to tell others how to RP. Yours just had a lot of glaring holes in it. If you cannot source it beyond "RPG Books" then it is unsourced.

Then go ahead and write a more correct guide by your standards. I'll even bump it for you.

I think that might be a good project for all the elves of Vestige to come together and do. I shall ask!
I think that might be a good project for all the elves of Vestige to come together and do. I shall ask!

Awesome. <3
Still waiting on an answer to my question. I'm interested where you're pulling those from, Dawnstrike. I don't even think info like that is in the RPG books.

An answer to Everen's question would be nice, too.
I don't really need any fanon-based guide to tell me how to RP my high elf.

Then don't use it? There's a reason it's called a guide and not Roberts Rules of Order.
Well.. I don't need nothing telling me how to roleplay my Worg'dorei/Quel'gen. I'm a strong, independent halfbreed and I don't need no body tellin' me what I should and shouldn't do. I'll continue being a Bladesmaster/ Archmage / Assassin and I will do it as I ride my best dragon bro.
Well.. I don't need nothing telling me how to roleplay my Worg'dorei/Quel'gen. I'm a strong, independent halfbreed and I don't need no body tellin' me what I should and shouldn't do. I'll continue being a Bladesmaster/ Archmage / Assassin and I will do it as I ride my best dragon bro.

Bb, you put the !@# in assassin. True story.
It's true.
It's true.

Actually, I just realized.

You put it in assassin twice.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Yep. You're right.
Huh. I forgot I was browsing through the MG forums.

*fart noise*

Bestrick, you silly little b*tch.
Huh. I forgot I was browsing through the MG forums.

*fart noise*

Bestrick, you silly little b*tch.

Wait wait wait.

You lied to me about being an alpha male? How could you!
It's the only thing I'm good for. I'm sorry.
So, as per the suggestions, I have redacted the offensive material. Live long and prosper, y'all.
I am aware that this is a -lot- to read, and trust me, I may add a lot more in future. My hope is, however, that this will become a resource for those seeking to not only roleplay High Elves, but roleplay them -well-. If you've stuck with me this far, my thanks.

Highlighted is the issue.

Role players should be determined by the merit of the writing versus if it follows a set compliance. What your guide suggests that not following it will devalue a person's role play by not following what is within your guide.

What may be more effective is to state that this is guide intended to enhance someone's character with a cultural and philosphical background guide, but does not state that it is the bar of what is good or bad.
Not bad, not bad at all.

High Elves are best elves - been friends of humans long before Blackhand's attack on Stormwind.