Glyph of the Weaponmaster and legendaries

Warrior
I cannot understand why blizzard would make the change for this glyph to be incompatible with legendary weapons. This was the one chance warriors had to gain a cool vanity perk and blizzard takes it away. But why? Is it because its unfair to other classes? Last I checked plenty of other classes had unique mounts (hell, dks have two) or fun/convenient non combat perks such as mage portals or the warlock green fire. These class specific perks are great and help make each class unique, so why did blizzard take away the only one warriors have had before the patch even hit live? It's ridiculous, and as it the stands the glyph is going to be nothing but a transmog we can use on the go.
Because Blizzard handles anything related to legendary transmogs (however remotely related) very poorly -- hell, they handle warriors poorly as well. Apparently we deserve to stay generic.
I don't even know why they're keeping this glyph in the game anymore since it brings nothing new to our class. At least change the name, its hardly deserving of being called weaponmaster if its not even usable with all weapons.
PTR. Don't freak out just yet

Considering the glyph was changed from being usable with legendaries to not being usable with legendaries I'm not very optimistic.
It's unlikely to change back given Blizzard's stance on transmogging legendary weapons.

Yes, the main draw of this glyph has been removed, but I get why they removed it as they did. If this went live as is it'd be practically mandatory. Every warrior would have it, and just about every warrior would be farming BT, or Molten Core so they could dual wield Legendaries.

Yes, we lack much in the way of non-combat abilities, but we're a class that pretty much comes down to our only real skill being a tool of war. A rogue can at least be a spy, or a hunter can capture prey for dinner or training, a monk can meditate, Priests and Paladins have their religion and can heal, druids and shamans commune with nature and elements, and Warlocks and Mages can use their magic to conjure things and... do magic stuff.

Warriors are the front line soldiers, our strength might be used for helping build in a stretch, but ultimately what we know is how to wield a weapon. The glyph makes sense in that regard, but they don't like the idea of having people using legendaries in current raid content, even if that's cosmetic, and giving one class alone that ability probably won't happen, particularly since it's us.

The glyph is far from useless though. If that glyph goes live as it is now, and the transmog rules stay as they are, then a titan's grip warrior can use polearms without having to actually use weapons that aren't necessarily great for them, or a Single minded fury warrior can fight with fist weapons. It's a limited use, yes, but then I think that's probably more inline with what Blizzard wants for minor glyphs.

Would be nice to see at least the weapon type limitation relaxed though. I know some warriors would like to tank with a polearm for a weapon, and the idea of beating enemies to death with a bow or a gun was amusing for a time.
seriously blizz just take it out. you just removed the only reason to even bother with it in the first place
seriously blizz just take it out. you just removed the only reason to even bother with it in the first place
08/01/2013 05:18 PMPosted by Aiyanna
How about let's not? It still has use for some people, and taking it out just because you're bitter it doesn't let you use legendaries doesn't mean it's useless.
I can understand the glyph not allowing legendary/ranged weapons, that makes sense and honestly was probably just a bug with the glyph.

What I do have a problem with is the 2hand/1hand restrictions. With that in place, the only reason to ever use this glyph is to make 1hand swords/maces/axes look like fist weapons ( I can totally understand a worgen warrior still wanting this glyph) or make a 2hand sword/mace/axe look like a polearm, which with being able to dualwield polearms, I figured would probably get removed from Tmog restrictions at some point. I'm dissapointed, since this would have allowed a lot more freedom for warriors to look the way they wanted. Tanks could make their 1hander look like a polearm and look like a gladiator, or if you are using SMF/TG because either one's better (or if you're just really unlucky with weapon drops.) you could still keep the the Transmog that you wanted.

Who knows, PTR is still PTR. hopefully they'll revert the restriction on the glyph before this hits live.

I'll still be using it.
I just like the thought of my warrior having all these weapons in his bag and hes able to use them at the same strength.

Then again, I'm a lore nerd .-.
I'd rather have a different glyph now, like make your t6 talents change graphically. Have avatar transform you into a taunka, stormbolt be a giant lightningbolt coming down from the sky to stun people, etc.

Just ideas. I don't like the glyph because it does what transmog does already. There are a lot of things they COULD have done with our glpyh, what we get seems kinda lackluster.
Relax guys, simple fact is if Blizzard don't let us transmog legendaries, there is no way in hell they let a sort of transmog glyph to be able to do so. It is the same with before, and it is the same now. We don't die because we can't transmog legendary. Nothing worth to whining about. It is a minor glyph, it is supposed to be minor.

And is this glyph still useful? Yes, it removes limitation of transmog weapon greatly. We can transmog our weapon to 2h, 1h, gun, bow, white stuffs. That's just wonderful. I will be happy enough if Blizzard don't nerf it again to make it obeys transmog rules or reduce the duration.

Notes: Can't find the change logs so I thought it still able to transmog most of the weapon. Anyone can copy the changes here?
Okay found it:
Legendaries don't work anymore.
Ranged Weapons don't work anymore.
Glyphmogged weapons require the number of hands to be moggable.
Polearms, Staves, Fishing Poles can be Glyphmogged from other 2H weapons
Fist Weapons and Daggers can be Glyphmogged from other 1H weapons

So legendaries and ranged weapons are justified I guess (again, this is a minor glyph, it is supposed to be minor). Hands requirement sucks but I can live with that. Look on the bright side, we can still:

-cross xmog 2h from mace/sword/axe to staves/polearms and vice versa
-cross xmog 1h from mace/sword/axe to fist weapons/daggers and vice versa
-xmog fishing poles!
-xmog white items and fun items (hopefully, imagine beating ppl with this Steelscale Crushfish and this Last Year's Mutton )

So still amazing glyph(I bet most of people who demand remove the glyph here would still use it when it come out lol).
I said it before but, would like to see:

1h <--> 2H restrictions reverted
ranged weapons restriction reverted

We'll see what happens I guess. Here's a question though: I read an earlier report that glyphmogged weapons maintain the attack animations of the actual equipped weapon. Is that still the case? If I glyphmog my 1H axe to a fist weapon, will I attack with 1H weapon animations, or the unarmed animation?
It was one of the major warrior change i was looking forward to seeing in 5.4, I'd have enjoyed watching envious dks pallies and rogues foaming in their mouths when they see us with war glaives or thunderfury. I even started farming for war glaives and molten core when I heard about this glyph.

It's still cool now, Have a lot of 2H in your bag and having them change to a random weapon every time you shout, but if it has a big questline like was datamined, then it's simply not worth the time.
This is probably the only glyph I won't be getting, because it's utter crap now.

Here's a question though: I read an earlier report that glyphmogged weapons maintain the attack animations of the actual equipped weapon. Is that still the case? If I glyphmog my 1H axe to a fist weapon, will I attack with 1H weapon animations, or the unarmed animation?

Anyone know the answer to this? Still curious, the last thing i saw about this was before the other changes were made.
I personally think that it's fine that we don't get to xmog the legendaries. What would be special about them anymore? Besides, compared to models in recent years, they don't look all that great. Maybe Warglaives, but that's about all I would consider to be unique anymore. I still wouldn't farm Black Temple for them.

Now if I can swap between all sorts of 2-handers, that sounds pretty fun. There's a lot of really neat models in the game already, and I won't miss the rarest ones.
I personally think that it's fine that we don't get to xmog the legendaries. What would be special about them anymore? Besides, compared to models in recent years, they don't look all that great. Maybe Warglaives, but that's about all I would consider to be unique anymore. I still wouldn't farm Black Temple for them.

Now if I can swap between all sorts of 2-handers, that sounds pretty fun. There's a lot of really neat models in the game already, and I won't miss the rarest ones.
Except that the majority of 2 hand models can already be transmogged, and with fury being able to dualwield polearms, it seems like that restriction was going to be removed anyway. A fair amount of people seem to not care that much about restricting legendaries (or at least understand why.) I'd honestly be happy with the glyph just working with 1hand->2hand and vice versa, in it's current form it's just a less expensive version of Tmog that only works on weapons.

Anyone know the answer to this? Still curious, the last thing i saw about this was before the other changes were made.
From what I saw with 1 hand weapons turned to 2 hand weapons, they keep the animation of the original weapon, which makes me wonder how they even handle fist weapons. From what I've seen, fist weapons seemed buggy too, so for all we know they could also end up like ranged weapons.