The Burdens of Shaohao—Part 5: The Sundering

Story Forum
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
This series is perfect, please keep it going some more episodes ! :D
Samurai Jack was better.
what is the song used at the end of this video.
You know, as beautiful as this newest episode is, it also shows just how silly it was to have three different Sha represent Anger, Hatred and Violence. You can justify, with some effort, splitting Anger and Hatred into two different Sha. But Violence? Violence isn't an emotion! It's not like fear or doubt, it's a *product* of emotion rather than emotion itself.

This expansion practically *gave* you a perfect replacement, and I'm constantly baffled that you never took it. The Sha of Suspicion would have fit so much better. Corrupting Taran Zhu would even make *more* sense if the Sha he guarded over in his Monastery was Suspicion, rather than Violence. And what's going on in the Horde, and even what's going on in the Alliance with Ironforge, the Sha of Suspicion would have been perfect.

Ah well.
what is the song used at the end of this video.

It's "The Golden Lotus" from the MoP soundtrack.
Is there any chance of these being subtitled, or a transcript being made available?

As a deaf player, it's really frustrating to miss out on these really neat bits of lore because of a lack of accessibility. YouTube even allows for in-player subtitling that people can turn on and off at will!
Great point, Gogor.
Every journey must come to an end, though not all end the way we might expect. In the sixth and final short, Emperor Shaohao makes his last bid to protect the people of Pandaria.

Emperor Shaohao returned, enlightened by his journey, and without a moment to spare: the Great Waterspeaker’s vision had come to fruition. In the face of disaster, would Shaohao be able to protect his people? Find out in the final chapter, “The Burdens of Shaohao—Part Five: The Sundering
I demand more!
I just finished watching it, how come he didn't overcome pride? Or at least try to overcome it.
Well done Blizz and the writers. Beautiful, and truly epic.
Shaohao is a hero. Part 5, has more heartfelt moments.

I can't help but wish this video series had been available before MoP's release.
Shaohao is a hero. Part 5, has more heartfelt moments.

I can't help but wish this video series had been available before MoP's release.

It might of spoiled the story for us.

I just finished watching it, how come he didn't overcome pride? Or at least try to overcome it.

Because that is one lesson he never learned. He believed he was better then the rest of the world and he and his people would handle their own problems. Sadly, it isn't only the Pandaren that learn this lesson.
Because that is one lesson he never learned. He believed he was better then the rest of the world and he and his people would handle their own problems. Sadly, it isn't only the Pandaren that learn this lesson.

More than that; it was his pride, that he was the heart of Pandaria, that he had become an enlightened being, free of his burdens, thething that the rest of the pandaren had to become, that he was able to save Pandaria.

Pride... it is good, until it becomes bad.

He stated that he didn't when you talk to him at the beginning of battlefield barrens stuff.
Need more like this. This was actually a very well done short.
This story is lovely, really mean that, would love to see more things like it in the future.

It also contradicts nearly everything we learned about the Trials through in game lore and in the Sundering video it especially goes against what the Emperor himself told us in game.

So which is it Blizzard, quit contradicting your own writing.
It was a good series, but Blizzard has spoiled me. While initially the premise of Pandaria prospering was great, ever since I did that Sha of Pride quest I only see it as a prideful act. And it also makes me feel like there should be a Part 6 called Pride to talk about why Shaohao's action to take Pandaria away from the rest of the world was wrong and that they should have stayed to fight instead.
I loved it, I haven't heart one negative response about it in any of the other forums i've been reading. Truly amazing. Couldn't wait to see the next one each time. Do these for every patchs' story line! Pleeeease!

Also..it hints at a greater picture....Lots and lots of hints at this bigger picture as the expansion has led on. If your hints don't equal what we're expecting...I think we'd all be struck a little clueless. Obviously you can't change what you're doing now. But I hope the hinting is because of all the background work being done.

..Let me just say this is the second time i've seen green meteors falling from the sky this expansion.... >.> <.< >.>