Ret Yellow Gem slot

Paladin
I'm just wondering if I should be using the straight Haste gem or the hybrid Str/Haste gem in yellow slots? I'm not sure which outperforms the other.

Forgot to mention that this is strictly PvE.
Haste is our best stat, so we gem it as much as we can

Red=str/haste
Yellow=haste
Blue=Haste/hit or stam if you no longer need hit but need to match blue socket
Haste - Yellow gem
Strength Haste - Red gem
Haste Hit - Green gem

:P
Thanks for the quick replies! I'll keep this in mind next time I'm gemming.
Yellow - haste
red - str/haste if it's an awful bonus just gem haste
If you are ridiculously over hitcap, such as with the Feather trinket and/or Zerat, swap out your haste/hit gems in blue slots with haste/stam. It's weird gemming stam but.. it's better than more hit lol.
Only if the socket bonus is worth more than the 160 haste you could get by just using a yellow gem. Pretty much, if you can't make use of the hit, then there's no point in matching a blue socket unless it's on a helm or an item with 3 sockets (and is a decent socket bonus).
Only if the socket bonus is worth more than the 160 haste you could get by just using a yellow gem. Pretty much, if you can't make use of the hit, then there's no point in matching a blue socket unless it's on a helm or an item with 3 sockets (and is a decent socket bonus).

Or even with two sockets, unless they're both blue...120 strength > 160 haste.
I'm just wondering if I should be using the straight Haste gem or the hybrid Str/Haste gem in yellow slots? I'm not sure which outperforms the other.

Forgot to mention that this is strictly PvE.

It depends on your gear. On lower level gear rets are more benefited from strength (that's usually @ a mix of blues and epics) than haste.

No matter what you are told in these forums you should download simcraft and see for yourself. If 1 haste worth's more than half of 1 strength you should be gemming pure haste (in yellow sockets).