Battlefield: Barrens Ending Soon

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 18 Next
08/28/2013 01:41 PMPosted by Crithto
I have 3 90s so far...there are still quite a few characters I'd like to get to 90 and gear up. The thing is, though, I'm not going to be able to raise 8 characters to 90 in the next 2 weeks, and even if I do, 2 weeks of this weekly won't do much for these toons of mine.

Sounds like you'll want to head to the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10590712/The_Timeless_Isle%E2%80%94Take_Your_Time-8_14_2013"]Timeless Isle[/url] once Patch 5.4 hits!

It would really make sense to make them BoA for this reason...then, at least, we can put them to good use on alts, regardless of what we can find on Timeless Isle.

Yeah, I know about Timeless Isle... My arguments were going in the wrong direction in that sense.

Anyway, for the DKs out there, being that Insubordination Boots / Insubordination Boots are the only available items with that model, the devs might be interested in sneaking some plate boots with said model at some point in the future. ;D

And, thank you, Crithto, for taking the time to reply. *Places a glass of Ice Cold Milk on the floor with a Giant Dinosaur Bone inside.*

Get it? Milk + Bone? Yes, yes, I know. I'm hilarious.
I have 3 90s so far...there are still quite a few characters I'd like to get to 90 and gear up. The thing is, though, I'm not going to be able to raise 8 characters to 90 in the next 2 weeks, and even if I do, 2 weeks of this weekly won't do much for these toons of mine.

Sounds like you'll want to head to the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10590712/The_Timeless_Isle%E2%80%94Take_Your_Time-8_14_2013"]Timeless Isle[/url] once Patch 5.4 hits!

a.k.a: If you need 'free' gear, that's the new place to go farm for it...

But the content won't be available then. Seems like you missed the point, Crithto.
hmm..

im not one to be a doomsayer.... or cry the end of hte world but...

it is.. unusual for blizzard to announce the release date of a patch so soon...

im predicting lots of server downtime once it hits.. possibly a full patch day, 24 hours

But the content won't be available then. Seems like you missed the point, Crithto.

I think you missed his point? The poster was saying he can't do it in the 2 weeks the barrens is available. Thing is, that's moot. A better way to gear up is coming (Timeless Isle) in 2 weeks, so there's no need for the poster to -try- to rush leveling all his characters in the 2 weeks the barrens is available, its not worth the time when they can just wait and get the gear on their main on the timeless Isle (remember, the new armor tokens are BoA, so your main can farm them and send them to alts, which is what most people wanted with the Kor'kron latent gear) Versus having to run each new 90 through the Battlefield: Barrens questline.

And he still can to get the boots, they're just removing the latent gear and the mojo/end equest, the rest of the line will still be there.

Anyway, for the DKs out there, being that Insubordination Boots / Insubordination Boots are the only available items with that model, the devs might be interested in sneaking some plate boots with said model at some point in the future. ;D

Yes, I hope they add these as a blacksmith pattern, or available in another way. I'll have to make sue to grab these before it ends, just to have them on me incase I need them for mog one day.
Just a quick heads up.

There is another way to use up the extra mojos.

Use them with armor tokens even if you don't need the armor.

1st: You get to sell the armor..sure it's not a ton of gold..but it's better than having a mojo you can never use.

2nd: When you use the mojo on an armor token..it actually gives your guild credit towards the "Master Crafter" achievements.

I can't guarantee this still works as our guild got the 500 Pandaria epics a couple weeks ago. But it was our experience that both the "mojo gear" AND drops from LFR fit this achievement for some strange reason.

It's probably a bug and will most likely be fixed...but for now getting gear in those 2 ways the system counts it as "created" rather than looted.

So there's at least one more outlet for your extra mojos...I burned up 5 like 3 weeks ago.
No.

As the armor tokens and weekly quest are going away, Radical Mojo won't be obtainable once Patch 5.4 hits. However, as we've stated before, Gahz’rooki’s Summoning Stone, Raptorhide Boxing Gloves, and the Kor’Kron Supply Satchel can still be found on the Kor'Kron mobs in Northern Barrens

So the piles of Mojo (10 on this main) are now a waste unless I use them to make gear and then sell it for a pittance.

Crithto: I have an alt, a pally I am levelling. What I wanted to do was give her the tokens (she has them) then with the BOA mojo, send those to her so she had a 489 starter set. It could have enabled he to to IoT and Timeless on her own right with at least a fighting chance.

Now either I box up Ghazrookie and sell it later in case it becomes "rare" (fat chance with everyone now grabbing them and caging them) or throw them out.

With those I could have at least have given ONE alt better gear at start.

Please, the ones I have, let me give these to an alt so she has better than 458 gear at the start. She can and still go to the Timeless Isle..but with 489 gear at least she wont be struggling with one hit mobs on a fresh 90.

That's what I wanted to do.

One alt. I am well aware of the grind gear and time aspects...but seriously, would this have been that much of an issue? It's a waste of a resource that would help gear up ONE toon. Questing, dailies...all that could be just that little bit easier.

Just one. :(

They're in my bank and now they are useless.

Seriously, It's a waste :(
Crithto
Community Manager

08/27/2013 08:59 PMPosted by Mirisanelle
Will the Radical Mojo be BOA / BOE after 5.4 or not.

No.

I am sadness... despair. I was *really* hoping yall would at least consider making the radical mojo's BoA so that we could complete our sets at the very least. I farmed for a long time to get each piece of latent Kor'kron items for each of my characters that were at 90 or close to it. I have each character decked in the 489's, except for my druid and rogue, which both just hit 90 within the past two weeks. My druid will be able to get all but one piece completed... but my rogue is one week behind my druid, and will be missing two pieces. I was quite hopefuly when you said that you were collecting our feedback... because almost unanimously we all asked that the radical mojo's be made either unbound or at least BoA.

Thank you for letting us know though. I know the answer can't always be one the player's want to hear... because our idea of what is fun sometimes conflicts with the developers idea for the path the game is taking. That isn't meant as a jab in any way... it is a truth that has often yielded results more fun than we would have got with what we wanted. But there are times where it just seems to be a lacking, such as in this situation.

I just hope it works out... I liked being able to pick my gear upgrades without having to worry about RNG.
As someone who's only made it to 90 a few days ago, it seems more worthwhile to grab the gloves and pet at this point than upgrading gear and hoping for favorable RNG results once those items are only obtainable as drops.
The RNG is why I wanted the mojo to be BOA. Sick to death of the drops incl weps being tagged to RNG so if your luck is bad, you get little to nothing.

Too many gear areas tied to RNG already. No gaurantees that you will go to this this new island and get anything worthwhile or usable either.

LFD RNG
LFR RNG
H Scens RNG
Thunder Island RNG.

"There will be BOA epics on the island", yeah right like the heroic scenarios we do and we get gold, LFR and get nothing but gold, RNG will also be tied to these mobs so you could conceivably go to the place and come back with...yet more gold and little else.

I dont understand why Blizz made this decision and given that a LOT of players have asked for the mojo to be BOA, I dont see why Blizz made the mojo BOP on toons that have little or no use for them, as opposed to alts that CAN use them.
Ok...so Gahzrookie, the gloves, and the bag will be around...but what about the troll shoes, Xan'tish's flute, and the other vanity items? Those are what I'm really interested in. Still hoping they become BoA or at least available as drops...any word on that? Will really help me plan my playing strategies for alts over the next week...

Also, titles account-wide pretty please?
I would have finished getting the gear I wanted from this event if it were actually fun and not a tedious grind. I spent hours every day for a month trying to finish the weekly before I finally realized it was pointless and boring. Coupled with the random World PVP that I cannot come out on top in, the absurd amount of time it took to gather materials for the weekly alone deterred me from ever doing it again.
08/28/2013 11:15 AMPosted by Crithto
Will the Radical Mojo be BOA / BOE after 5.4 or not.

No.

As the armor tokens and weekly quest are going away, Radical Mojo won't be obtainable once Patch 5.4 hits. However, as we've stated before, Gahz’rooki’s Summoning Stone, Raptorhide Boxing Gloves, and the Kor’Kron Supply Satchel can still be found on the Kor'Kron mobs in Northern Barrens.

I would simply like to ask that you reconsider this. At least make the Radical Mojo BOA. Please.
I guess there going to be alot of Useless Class Armor without mojo to make it work.

Yep I know the feeling. At 1st I was sending them all to a bank alt to stash..just in case an alt needed one or they actually became sought after in trade (never happened lol).

Then I started just burning them up for guild achievement credits.

Then I just vendored the rest...money to spend on something else trumps an item I can never use. I still do the weekly for the 200 valor..and I still burn the mojo on a piece of gear to vendor.

Tbh I haven't been showing the alts much love this time around other than their professions..I figure by the time I actually care to level them there will be plenty of places / ways to get them geared.
Why take Barrens away?
I love the barrens and I am sure there are a large group of players that wouldn't mind keeping it in game.
08/29/2013 08:42 AMPosted by Braellyn
Ok...so Gahzrookie, the gloves, and the bag will be around...but what about the troll shoes, Xan'tish's flute, and the other vanity items?

08/29/2013 08:42 AMPosted by Braellyn
Also, titles account-wide pretty please?

Every item other than the pet, the Brawler's Guild item, and the 24-slot bag are being removed; this includes the removal of the ability to earn the title and the Darkspear Rebellion Quartermaster. We know a lot of you would like to have the cosmetic goodies readily available to pick up with other characters or to share with your alts, but this event was designed to be part of the story for the game at this point in time. For those who earned their title, you now carry a badge of honor for having helped the war effort against Garrosh.

The weekly quest was designed as both--and most importantly--an event that leads up to Patch 5.4 and the Siege of Orgrimmar, and an opportunity for level 90 characters to work on getting gear a bit quicker in preparation for the new content. Now that the story of this expansion will be pressing forward with the patch, it will be time to wrap up some of the activity in Durotar and Northern Barrens. Think of the action in those areas as exclusive for where we are at this point in the game (not unlike the gathering quests for Ahn'Qiraj and the Scourge Event before Wrath of the Lich King).

08/28/2013 06:29 PMPosted by Mirisanelle
Crithto: I have an alt, a pally I am levelling. What I wanted to do was give her the tokens (she has them) then with the BOA mojo, send those to her so she had a 489 starter set.

08/28/2013 06:46 PMPosted by Hplichcraft
I was *really* hoping yall would at least consider making the radical mojo's BoA so that we could complete our sets at the very least.

08/29/2013 12:28 PMPosted by Azraille
I would simply like to ask that you reconsider this. At least make the Radical Mojo BOA. Please.

Please know that I completely understand how you guys are feeling about this and have several alts I've been working on, too. But let's not forget that the Radical Mojo clearly displays "Binds when picked up". Simply switching it to BoA would be nice for those who have more than one unused, but it would be unfair to everyone else who did not stockpile a BoP item.

For those seeking opportunities to provide your alts with gear, the Timeless Isle will be your new favorite place to visit. The tokens you can find there are BoA before being used, and can be passed to any of your alts to generate an item for his/her spec. The gear you create will be item-level 496, and as you progress through the Isle, you will also have the chance to upgrade them to item-level 535.

Lastly, while Ravika has other important duties to attend to once 5.4 goes live, we know that Griftah's Authentic Troll Shoes hold a soft spot in many hearts, so we’re currently exploring options to reintroduce them at a later date.

Edited for clarity about the title.
Lastly, while Ravika has other important duties to attend to once 5.4 goes live, we know that Griftah's Authentic Troll Shoes hold a soft spot in many hearts, so we’re currently exploring options to reintroduce them at a later date.

How about you... have Griftah selling them??

O, O
08/29/2013 04:17 PMPosted by Crithto
The weekly quest was designed as both--and most importantly--an event that leads up to Patch 5.4 and the Siege of Orgrimmar, and an opportunity for level 90 characters to work on getting gear a bit quicker in preparation for the new content. Now that the story of this expansion will be pressing forward with the patch, it will be time to wrap up some of the activity in Durotar and Northern Barrens.

Just wanted to point out that this doesn't fit from a lore standpoint. It would be akin to say the argent tournament is over because Arthas is now in reach, so people have more important stuff to do than duel and joust.

A siege requires as much, if not more supplies to maintain as it does to prepare for. I presume the Timeless Isle will be a sufficient replacement. I just wanted to point out that halting the concerted gathering of resources just because the siege is launched doesn't follow.