Battlefield: Barrens Ending Soon

General Discussion
Prev 1 16 17 18 Next
Thank you Ciecle.
08/30/2013 03:41 PMPosted by Pallyberry

Every item other than the pet, the Brawler's Guild item, and the 24-slot bag are being removed

so glad I spent 2 hours last week farming the head-shrinka only for it to be removed. Cool.

You get to keep it. Just no one else will be able to get one if they have not already gotten it after 5.4 goes live.
Sigh summer and no WoW cause it was too nice to be inside means I miss stuff to have a life, oh well, on to the next :D
08/30/2013 05:52 PMPosted by Bomdanil
I have my Tabard of the Protector on a single character, and I'll always cherish that item, and remember that I was there for the Burning Crusade launch with that specific character.

The majority of items aren't account wide; but the majority of titles are because it makes sense for a player to be able to say "I did this" on future characters that couldn't/didn't exist at the time that the event occured. That aside, this and other, similar titles/mounts that are character locked because "lolPvP" ultimately defeats the point of taking certain elements of the game that are meant to be a celebration of the player's accomplishments so that they don't feel handcuffed to characters that they no longer enjoy playing because it was the only way to have access to them.

but personally I quite like that the character itself has a history, and has individual accomplishments, rather than everything I do being given to every new character I make.

Okay, so lets remove mounts, achievements, and pets from being account wide. All of those are tied to the history of the character as well.

I totally get that not everyone is going to care about building a legacy of experience with each character, and they just want everything to be account-wide, but obviously there are others that appreciate that being at a point in the history of the game with a specific character leaves some kind of lasting mark on that character.

That marker is the items they collected. The title should be the player's way of showing they were there, even if the character itself wasn't high enough/rerolled/etc.

I must agree with the gnome, here.

It'd be one thing if every class and spec was equally viable, always, but there have been times in Bliz's history during which some classes have been so bad that even CASAUAL raids have considered benching them (ie ret paladins at the beginning of MoP) and people have basically switched mains.

For those reasons, yeah, I'd say at least let the title go account wide.
Love the positive thinking Dawnsnow! Good idea :)
Quick note: Kor'kron supplies (lumber/stone/etc.) will turn gray when 5.4 hits (Sept. 10!) and be sellable. No need to destroy any extras.
Quick note: Kor'kron supplies (lumber/stone/etc.) will turn gray when 5.4 hits (Sept. 10!) and be sellable. No need to destroy any extras.

Oh pooh. A day late and a copper short. Need item restoration! Nah, jk.

It's ok, didn't have too many extra doodads. My mage worked on this all weekend and got a piece of gear so all is well. All done (this main tossed out her meat, etc. after the first week of the event).
Agree to disagree? I have my Tabard of the Protector on a single character, and I'll always cherish that item, and remember that I was there for the Burning Crusade launch with that specific character. She was there, she stepped through the portal at midnight, and that's not some generic reward all my characters have. I can see the appeal of having that available to all my characters, but personally I quite like that the character itself has a history, and has individual accomplishments, rather than everything I do being given to every new character I make.

Yeah you might wanna point me to those people that agree with you there because as far as I can see only you agree on this *some things should be kept individually*

And yes I have that same tabard on 2 characters even, I also have the tabard of the competitor (when the Olympics where held in China) on another character have the tabard of the scarlet crusade on a level 60 hunter somewhere. I have a lot of stuff on several characters.

And like many MANY veteran players we would like to have all this in one single character, we where there, we farmed the item we won it so why cant we use it on another character that we also played from the start? or hell at least give us a chance to get it for that character

If there is a way to farm it I would have no problem, so yeah give us a means to get stuff that is not possible to get anymore, use the BMAH like you did with the tier 3 or something, hell Ill gladly pay gold for it. (and let me make this clear.. I WILL PAY GOLD NOT REAL MONEY, GOLD)
Now if only I had BAG SPACE for the, soon to be removed items, and the 30+ items you are adding in 5.4!
09/03/2013 12:19 PMPosted by Ziiggy
Yeah you might wanna point me to those people that agree with you there because as far as I can see only you agree on this *some things should be kept individually*

Some things should be kept individually. Some things should be shared among all your characters. There we go. Much better when the rule is not set on the stone.

Stuff happens. Not all game decisions will make you happy. Some are gameplay requirements, some are created to make other people happy, some are lore requirements and some of them are just decisions made by developers. Whenever you don't like something, please do give your feedback, but be ready to accept that maybe you won't have what you want.

Let's say 51% of community liked the removal of Battlefield Barrens. Does it mean it was good? What if 80% said they didn't like the removal and 20% felt it was something unique. What's your point on view on that? Are those 20% automatically fanboys and those 80% are serious people concerned with the well being of the game? Or does the feedback provided by those 20% are also relevant? How would that 20% feel if they ended up not removing Battlefield Barrens? Was their feedback not important?

So here I'm to say that this is a nice change of pace. It's been a while since we had something that only lasted for a couple of time (What was the last one? Pre-xpac?). "Oh, remember Battlefield Barrens?" "No, I was on break back then" "It was the first step towards more dynamic events on WoW, they had these boss spawning, caravans...".

Would I like if from now on everything was removed from the game within the release of next patch? I don't think so. I think it would be a bad change. Maybe some people would like. But every now and then, I think it adds spice to the game.
Cool thanks for the update.
09/03/2013 01:25 PMPosted by Margarità
4. You took the time to put out these 489 sets for looks, and now no one else can acquire them. Why? There's no rational point to eliminating people acquiring them for looks. If you don't want people farming Mojo, take the Mojo requirement off of them. Or sell Mojo for justice points. Removing gear from the game is always, 100% of the time, definitely certainly positively stupid. It's stupid and pointless and you'll end up having to go back on it when people two expansions from now want THAT look for transmog.

I disagree that it's always a bad idea to remove gear, but we can simply agree to disagree there.

However, you're completely wrong about this particular gear. You say that it's a bad idea because people might want the look of that gear later on, and Blizzard will have to put the gear back in to satisfy those people.

The gear, for the most part, uses Dungeon 2 set appearances. Coincidentally, that gear has been made available through Replicas sold at the Darkmoon Faire. So the look of the gear isn't going anywhere.

The Death Knight set is available from Naxxramas, and the Monk set is a recolor of a few quest sets. The set for Monks is about the only thing you'd have a point for, since it's a recolor and is going away.

Personally, I loved this event. I thought it was fun, and while I'm a little sad that I didn't get the chance to take part in it sooner due to being unable to play at the time it was launched, I'm okay with it being removed. I'm all for time-limited events, and think there should be more limited time events like this in the future. I'm also completely fine with the title being character-specific, because it feels like a character achievement to me.

NOW he tells me :(((

*cries*

Calbador: it is also available at the DK starter area.
I'd like to know if the kor kron gear you make will be available, at least the cosmetic look of it, via the new items from timeless isle.
I REALLY like how the gear looks on my draeni pali, but I'm two parts shy of a complete set.
(boots, belt)
I was hoping this set would be available further on. Hopefully the mojos will become account wide or even completely unbound.
This is another one of about a thousand things that is being done that makes no sense whatsoever.

4. You took the time to put out these 489 sets for looks, and now no one else can acquire them. Why? There's no rational point to eliminating people acquiring them for looks. If you don't want people farming Mojo, take the Mojo requirement off of them. Or sell Mojo for justice points. Removing gear from the game is always, 100% of the time, definitely certainly positively stupid. It's stupid and pointless and you'll end up having to go back on it when people two expansions from now want THAT look for transmog.

You can finish the transmog set at the DMF. They cost Darkmoon Tokens.
I was hoping this set would be available further on. Hopefully the mojos will become account wide or even completely unbound.

They wont.
Crithto....i still want to know why you won't let me pet you when you are running around stormwind. i'm a nice worgen i dont bite....i just want to pet you and give you a doggie biscuit.

Pugs are cool doggies.

As the Orgrimmar invasion begins in 5.4, Vol’jin and his forces will move beyond gathering supplies and into a full assault on the Horde capital. This means that once the new patch goes live, the Battlefield: Barrens weekly quest will no longer be available.

Those of you who have a Radical Mojo after the patch goes live will still be able to use it with existing armor tokens. However, Ravika, the Darkspear Rebellion Quartermaster, will no longer be available for purchases, but you will have a rare chance at receiving the Raptorhide Boxing Gloves and Gahz'rooki's Summoning Stone by killing the Kor’kron, and other associated mobs in Northern Barrens.

1 question Crithto....i still want to know why you won't let me pet you when you are running around Stormwind. i'm a nice Worgen! i dont bite....i just want to pet you and give you a doggie biscuit.

Pugs are cool doggies.
Because some dogs...
JUST don't like to be petted.

No amount of doggie biscuits can change that.

Overall, Battlefield Barrens has been an interesting run.
What I like most is the fact you just need to do this ONCE a week, and you're done with it, instead of a daily thing. This is something I hope they factor into other factions or upcoming events. Weeklys instead of dailies.

That being said, I hope there's a reconsideration before the patch goes live in regards to the mojos, the gear, and the items from the quartermaster.

so glad I spent 2 hours last week farming the head-shrinka only for it to be removed. Cool.

You get to keep it. Just no one else will be able to get one if they have not already gotten it after 5.4 goes live.

I got 3 or 4 of them this weekend on this guy and couldn't even pick them up. That was a bummer, though he has bigger bags in all slots already, so it is just another thing for me to keep in my bags. I love the idea, I just wish they weren't limited to 1 and to the toon that got them. I would love to be able to send them to alts, especially ones on another server.