Forbearance

Paladin
It needs to be removed like now. No other class has such restrictions on defensive cool downs.
I know mages totally don't.
08/14/2013 03:17 PMPosted by Cayse
I know mages totally don't.

Hypothermia isn't really comparable, since it only affects and is caused by one ability. It's like Weakened Soul or Sated.
I'd have to say that mages are the only other one to get it, but they're also the only real class to have a true immunity like that.

Locks get a dot that ticks, and their other one is the most comparable to a priest shield

Real talk, Hands are for other players. Divine Shield is for us. In a majority of cases.
feel better posting from paladin
We could always go back to WotLK when Divine Shield and Avenging Wrath shared a 30sec cooldown, except have everything that causes Forebearance share a 30sec cooldown with each other.

So basically, instead of being debuffed with Forebearance, you are simply incapable of using BoP or LoH for another 30sec after using bubble and vice versa.

Not exactly team friendly.

LoH didn't cause Forbearance until the end of the expansion, and only wings and bubble had a 30 seconds shared CD.

EDIT: Derp, Wings had Forbearance since end of BC, nm
It was put in because most of us during vanilla would divine protection(when it worked like divine shield but we can't atk) to heal, then bop to bandage, then divine shield to max then atk while fighting melee classes.

Now we only have divine shield to do that, I don't see any reason why it should stay because every melee has a way to bypass bop and divine protection is no longer dmg immunity but a set % of dmg. The other solution is to remove it from bop so players can't chain divine shield and lay on hand.
It needs to be removed like now. No other class has such restrictions on defensive cool downs.

So that we can have up to nearly half a minute of something that amounts to God-mode on top of a 100% self-heal?

I can think of a reason for not allowing you to link together Divine Shield into Lay on Hands. I suppose the mechanic is slightly outdated, but at the same time still relevant for balance concerns.
holy pallies would be unstoppable in arena. LoH and run. BoP and start healing. if it's a mage then divine shield and heal. specced into clemency and u can never kill me before my dps partner kills you.
Are you kidding me?????? You have divine shield! Stop complaining. Not only that it's useable in arenas.
Give us LoH in area or take away forbearance
Give us LoH in area or take away forbearance

Heck no. With resilience as of now, LoH would be totally OP.

Forbearance actually forces paladins to be mindful of CDs they use (two bubbles and LoH) instead of mashing their face mindlessly on the keyboard for CDs.
Forbearance is fine. You can still use ALL your abilities one after another, just not on the same person. It just sounds like someone wants to cast their defenses on themselves in a row...

If you want to talk self-defenses then that's another story. I don't think modifications to Forbearance is the answer.
Remove forbearance. Sounds reasonable. That means that people with clemency talented can now divine shield into hand of protection into hand of protection into lay on hands for a grand total of 8 seconds of fully immunity and 20 seconds of immunity to physical attacks and debuffs, and then we get to fill up our health bar whenever we want. That seems to be completely fair and balanced and would in no way lead to game breaking possibilities.
Forbearance is outdated. I agree, it should be removed. And I can think of a few classes that can either insta full heal or dang near full heal while, in essence, invulnerable (I.E. Warlocks), so allow LoH to be used in arena as well. I've always hated having a spell on my bar that I can never ever use unless I'm doing something stupid like a BG.
Remove forbearance. Sounds reasonable. That means that people with clemency talented can now divine shield into hand of protection into hand of protection into lay on hands for a grand total of 8 seconds of fully immunity and 20 seconds of immunity to physical attacks and debuffs, and then we get to fill up our health bar whenever we want. That seems to be completely fair and balanced and would in no way lead to game breaking possibilities.

No different from mages and hunters and every other class resetting ALL their cool downs, including the defensive ones. They should make forbearance 30 secs like hypothermia at LEAST cuz making it 1 min is ridiculous.
Hunters, Warlocks and mages all heal themselves so whether you wanna call a class "PURE DPS" or not is irrelevant. Forbearance needs to be 30 secs just like Hyperthermia. It would also be nice if clemency reset Divine Shield.

If those classes are being reworked then great, but as long as forbearance and hyperthermia are both in the game, I feel THEY BOTH need to be 30 secs.

But whatever, that's my 2 cents, I'm not here to go back and forth with you, Lobster. I've said my peace.