Patch 5.4 Developer Interviews - Updated 8.26

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11
I'm going to add my 2 cents worth of QQ here, I played Alliance for close to 7 years then I figured I check out what all the Horde "better story lines" was about. I was absolutely floored at the story development for horde characters, it wasn't just that it was different it actually made sense and seemed to advance the Horde agenda. As Alliance it was always just "go here kill this" for xp, whereas the Horde side would further the story that was being told, not just laying waste to npcs and mobs. Having done the Battlefield Barrens on both sides I must admit that from the Alliance stand point only an idiot would actually help lay siege to Orgrimmar, even if Vol'jin showed up to beg for help against Garrosh! Sadly that's not what happens. The Horde part was fairly solid, fight off Korkon, advance to Razor Hill... The Alliance side, use a robo-kitty to gather intel and free a troll, then bam we're faced with helping Vol'jin crush the Leader of the Horde? Obviously there is more to either story but I'm still trying to figure out 1) why as a belf I'm still allowed to run freely thru Dalaran after the "Purge" 2) why Theramore wasn't even mentioned as a hook to get the Alliance to take down Garrosh 3) why isn't Pandaria a ghost town as both Panda factions go to murder Garrosh for destroying the Vale and just leave Vol'jin and Wrynn in the dust? Oh and in other news I tried a pvp realm again to see if I would be ganked 24/7 while lvling, I must say even with CRZ I think it was actually easier than when I was on a pvp server during TBC. "This message approved by Ranthoria."
Zarhym I can respect your predicament to some extent, but I also think you should have seen this coming.

You shouldn't need the playerbase to tell you that basing 5.3 completely around the Horde regardless of the player's faction was a bad idea. You shouldn't need the playerbase to tell you that leaving the Worgen, Gnomes and Draenei out of the story and only using Nelves and Dwarves to build up humans was a bad idea. And most of all, you shouldn't expect the audience to like something just because you tell them to.

However epic the Siege of Orgrimmar might have sounded on paper, if gameplay restrictions prevent it from providing a satisfying ending to both factions, then maybe it's not such a great idea after all.
I listend to the Dave Kosak interview, and its just disappointing to see that a leading dev does not understand the Alliance playerbase,

and more disappointing that he expects us Alliance playerbase to fist-pump because he said they gave fist-pumping moments (WHICH WERE NOT) to Alliance players.

Do they even read the forums at all?

Read the forums? Sure. We also send them reports of the hot topics on the forums, which oftentimes include Alliance concerns about story development.

Take feedback from the forums as design gospel and an appropriate summation of all player opinions? No.

Sorry about being 6 days too late, but I think from your statement, I deduce the following:

1) The devs read the forum (to what extent, not sure)
2) the community managers will report to them hot topics, which as you put it, "oftentimes include Alliance concerns about story development".

But the interview has revealed a few gems too,
such as D.Kosak saying "Alliance players have so many fist-pumping moments. Even the taking of Orgrimar is a fist pumping moment'.

To the statement above, and to the ORIGINAL QUESTION I asked, "if the devs actually read the forum, AND TO YOUR ANSWER, I'm led to believe either

a) The devs don't care anything, except for Horde storylines.
b) the devs care a little, but community managers dictate what is more pressing matter (like how blues responded very quickly to certain global issues like the pvp nerf issue, and some ptr based issue when that concerns ONLY BOTH sides of the playerbase), and therefore for whatever reasons cannot / fail to connect to the issues of the alliance playerbase.
c) somewhere along the lines of reporting, the reports got snuffed out by either the community managers, OR the devs themselves dismissing the concerns of the Alliance lore, since apparently D.Kosak is bewildered with despite 'so many' fist-pumping' moments he 'gave' to Alliance players, he thinks that Alliance players are 'ungrateful' and asking for unreasonably more. Thus show that the devs (since D.Kosak is the head, no?) can't even connect to the issues plaguing the Alliance playerbase.

Therefore, I'm going to only ask, will the Devs continue to really look into the welfare of the Alliance playerbase in terms of lore? As in PROPER look into, proper care? There are so many issues that even Alliance playerbase are slinging mud at each other, look at the PRO vs ANTI Varian sectarian arguments and you'll get the general idea. While Horde players happily rally around Thrall, Blizz and the devs failed to even make Alliance rally properly to Varian or Jaina (if there was an orchestrated effort, in the way how the lore was presented) or is it within Blizz's plans to leave Alliance playerbase to be ever-continually abased and confused as it is?
I am enjoying the interviews thank you for posting them,,, also I am enjoying the patch notes My toons are getting buffed oh yeah!!!
I agree with spiritbullet I believe some of the developers after watching some of the interviews have lost touch with the customer base and what they consider ownership of their factions. I believe the developers need to go back to talking with the people in the game to see what they would like brought into the game and how they interact with said ie.. Alliance and Horde. community managers should be a leading tool for the developers to have the key knowledge on what to reform and create because they are always involved at some level or another.

"Therefore, I'm going to only ask, will the Devs continue to really look into the welfare of the Alliance playerbase in terms of lore? As in PROPER look into, proper care? There are so many issues that even Alliance playerbase are slinging mud at each other, look at the PRO vs ANTI Varian sectarian arguments and you'll get the general idea. While Horde players happily rally around Thrall, Blizz and the devs failed to even make Alliance rally properly to Varian or Jaina (if there was an orchestrated effort, in the way how the lore was presented) or is it within Blizz's plans to leave Alliance playerbase to be ever-continually abased and confused as it is?"

I couldn't agree more this need to be fixed I loved the lore in the game but now it is falling apart.
You pieces of scum, I have been playing this game for over eight years and now I can't even log in!!!!!! Can't wait for EQ NEXT!!!!!
At every patch I have to learn my toon again, last patch or the patch before they homogenized the talent tree, making it such that everyone is basically playing the same toon. Class variation is so homogenized as to make tactics (Once a mainstay in pvp) irrelevant. The addition of the hero class near indestructible Monk, into which I can pump 70K DPS for four seconds (Almost 300K damage) and expect to see his health drop by 100K while he heals, silences, disarms, folds, spindles and mutilates everything around him. The constant reorganizing, changing, nerfing, buffing and disallowing of talents, spells and abilities has made this game not really worth playing any more.

I could go on but it’s not really worthwhile, Packman had more strategy and Pong more variation. If they had a Vanilla WoW server I’d play it but this conglomeration of ad hock, patched up, nerfed down abilities they call a character is almost as enjoyable as a kick to the groin.
lead story developer, yeah that interview will be like 20 seconds.

"Working on any immersive stories that makes the player feel connected to the game?"

Well I made a storyline where players get to help a npc destroy a enemy and lore at the same time

"sounds fun, how long does the journey take?"

five minutes

"any thing else?"

yeah but I can't say as new games haven't released what they are doing