5.4 Enhancement Shaman PvP

Shaman
All I am seeing on forums is people crying about the Enhancement Shaman nerfs. As for myself (I've played enh since BC and she is becoming my main once agian) I think that the nerfs (possibly) coming in 5.4 are needed, but not to that extent. It seems like they are trying to give Enhancement more sustained damage in PvP (being able to use flametongue which will increase SP, and power up Lightning Bolt by 10%). I think there will be a few more changes coming before the patch to try and balance them a bit more. They are by no means "bad" in PvP on the PTR. In fact, I still own people all the time with Enhancement. They will still be a very viable spec to play, but with a little less oomph.

What are your thoughts on this?
How does this even make it fair for PVE enh shamans like me? Just a question
08/16/2013 06:39 PMPosted by Fìorix
being able to use flametongue which will increase SP, and power up Lightning Bolt by 10%).

Hmm. Not sure where your getting that. FT has a 7% magical dmg buff on it and UE fron UF gives roughly 30% LB dmg modifier on it. Most of us dont really use LB. We tend to hold our MW stacks for heals or cc.
How does this even make it fair for PVE enh shamans like me? Just a question

To be fair, the thread was directed toward PvP. But you raise a valid point, this nerf wasn't needed in PvE. However, it is a serious detriment for PvP as we are way more mastery/burst reliant rather than stacking haste. In a PvE scenario there will always be others to pick up the slack if a class gets nerfed, its a group effort. In PvP if you're caught alone, that's when the nerfs become much more apparent. You may not be able to pump out enough damage to kill a target that normally you would've been able to.
At first I was a bit skeptical about the nerfs, seeing they are pretty big. But then I started using the new purging glyph, I hit 2200 today in 2s today on PTR running enh/lock (thats right double dps). My healing is 60% of my damage done most games, the glyph makes me a live lord. I might upload the games to my youtube channel (youtube.com/tactic1048) to settle down the enhance pvp drama.
theres a new purge glyph???
heres a new purge glyph???

The glyph grants MW stacks when you use it.
Tactic is a great enh shaman, so hopefully people will listen to him and stop the QQ.
I hope you do post the videos. Maybe it will get it into people's heads that they are still very good in PvP. Instead of QQing about the nerfs, suck it up and adjust accordingly.
Whilst I get that our burst was far too high in pvp, this change will not give us much hope. Without our damage what do we have? Our mobility and control is severely lacking in comparison to other melee classes like death knights, though the Glyph of Purging is certainly an interesting one that might make up for it.

In regards to pve the change is horrid, and I've always believed that Blizzard should just outright separate the damage values between pve and pvp to prevent such problems. I've said this since Wrath and it's not like they can't do it. Frankly, they spend more time having to fix a class they've nerfed or buff too much when they could just separate the two and spend the same time tweaking separately.

Instead of QQing about the nerfs, suck it up and adjust accordingly.

I always hated this quote, because what you are actually do is discourgaing constructive debate of any kind. We can argue how much of what is on these forums isn't "constructive" but that's not the point. Some of it is, but why post if we're going to be called out for it? That's one of the biggest reasons why people become lurkers and not posters.

If the government rises taxes without a proper reasoning or without one you find justified, or perhaps if they leak personal information to the public, do you tell your friends and neighbours to "suck it up and adjust"?

If your neighbour is blasting loud music at 3 in the morning or his dog craps all over your lawn without cleaning it up do you just "suck it up and adjust"?

No, you get pissed and you do something about it. Either by posting vitriol about him (which is what most people would do, unfortunately) or by trying to fix the issue. Even if only one or two do the latter (and I am by no means saying I do) that helps more than the thousands who do the former, but your post discourages any of that.
First one up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n52i5-cP0F8
Damage still looks good. just wondering, how do you feel about the improved healing stream VS ancestral guidance?
Instead of QQing about the nerfs, suck it up and adjust accordingly.

I always hated this quote, because what you are actually do is discourgaing constructive debate of any kind. We can argue how much of what is on these forums isn't "constructive" but that's not the point. Some of it is, but why post if we're going to be called out for it? That's one of the biggest reasons why people become lurkers and not posters.

If the government rises taxes without a proper reasoning or without one you find justified, or perhaps if they leak personal information to the public, do you tell your friends and neighbours to "suck it up and adjust"?

If your neighbour is blasting loud music at 3 in the morning or his dog craps all over your lawn without cleaning it up do you just "suck it up and adjust"?

No, you get pissed and you do something about it. Either by posting vitriol about him (which is what most people would do, unfortunately) or by trying to fix the issue. Even if only one or two do the latter (and I am by no means saying I do) that helps more than the thousands who do the former, but your post discourages any of that.

I agree with your post for the most part, but mostly all of the posts I am reading on here are people crying about the changes and not trying to debate it. Its mostly always "I hate blizzard I'm quitting". Maybe I should have been more clear, because constructive posts are always welcome in my eyes and that is when people present their great ideas. People "crying" about nerfs AND providing examples why it shouldn't happen is what should happen when people post about this stuff.
First one up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n52i5-cP0F8

Looking good! This shows that Enhancement is FAR from bad. Also subbed to you and hope to see more videos from you in the future about Enhancement.
Personally, im not mad at the SB nerf. It was needed. Its the SS/LL nerf that are troubling to me. UF depends alot on SS and LL to generate pressure because, lets face it, LS strikes wont cut it. We wont see the small LB buff because we hold our MW stacks. I just dont wanna see a really fun, useful talent get pushed aside because it wont generate the proper dmg required to be pvp viable. Dont get me wrong, EB/PE are useful talents, i just dont think they shld be required talents. In 5.3, all 3 are viable in pvp. If 5.4 goes live as is, im thinking UF wont be doable.

Ill admit its a playstyle thing w/ me. I believe melee shld actually have to melee to do dmg, not stand at 30 yds and global ppl or LoS while yur pet tears the face off ppl. What ever. Just venting some concerns/frustrations is all. Hopefully im wrong and the increased ilvl and wep dmg next season will make UF doable.
New purge glyph + 2 piece PvE bonus from the current teir + an extra lvl 75 talent + rockbiter + unleash fury = unkillable enhance shammy?

Could be fun in BGs at least.