Rate My Gear Thread - November 5th 2010

Mage
1 2 3 7 Next
If you click on people's portrait, it takes you to a viewer that supports reforging! So we can all enjoy this silly thread once again.

For those not in the know, what you do here is comment on the above poster's gear/enchants/gemming/spec/reforging/professions/race and give them feedback and a score out of 10.

Since there's no one above me I can't start... but you can!
what you do here is comment on the above poster's gear/enchants/gemming/spec/reforging/professions/race and give them feedback and a score out of 10.

Oops
Only characters level 10 or higher can be viewed.

-20/10
Not PvP hit capped, not spell pen capped, gemming a bit all over the place.

7/10
Not PvP hit capped, not spell pen capped, gemming a bit all over the place.

7/10

I have the spell pen wand, I swap it out when I need it. Gems are crazy cause I'm too lazy to make them all crit.
Get 1% more hit and I'd bump it to a 8.5/10 just cause I don't like your face.

Spirit spellthread to legs instead of stam. Reforging to Mastery which isn't something I'd do with the current state of Ignite and Pyroblast!. Didn't put enchants on top of your engineering tinkers on Cloak, Gloves or Boots - missing out on free stats!
7.5/10

Spirit spellthread to legs instead of stam. Reforging to Mastery which isn't something I'd do with the current state of Ignite and Pyroblast!. Didn't put enchants on top of your engineering tinkers on Cloak, Gloves or Boots - missing out on free stats!
7.5/10

Thanks for the heads up on the spirit spellthread and the reminder to enchant my engineering gear. Fire isn't my MS, I just respecced today to test a pyroblast macro, the gear was reforged mainly for frost with the fire ability on the back burner.
Rate k go.
Edit: Weird my in-game crit chance is about 3% higher than what the viewer says.

2nd Edit: Talents derp.
Test
Test

Looks good except for two things I can think of.

Not hit capped ( Although I'm guessing you use hit food or something like that. )

Personally I would have reforged my Haste to Mastery instead of Crit to Mastery for Arcane. But it's all theroy at this point.

10/10
Dodgin,

I am guessing you havn't had the correct drops yet for fire.

8/10 =)

-im in my pvp gear, dont hate.

Care to explain?
your geared for arcane.
such as, get the heroic gunship neck, deathwhisper bracers, ring of rapid ascent, and a phalatrecy from sindy and your not using 5pc t10, aka the pants. literally it's better. lol.
but i feel your pain, sindy never drops phalatrecy though
/sad

I can understand the Bracers being better, I agree. But using Crimson choker + Endless Labyrinth is better than Silent Eulogy/Rapid Accent ( Where as, I don't want more haste )
The difference is really haste hit instead of crit hit by swapping those, and yes I do have them in my bags.

I agree with getting all 5 of those items you listed using them makes sense stat-wise, but we work with what we've got don't we?

Don't get me started on the sindy trinket though lol, I'll never get it.

Sorry for going OT, I must defend my honor >.>
@ Dodgin

Nice setup, exactly 446 hit, i'm impressed.

10/10

I like your setup a lot as well. Good amount of Hit, good mastery. The only critique I have is get another hit rating item so you can gem for more socket bonuses.
10/10

Something I'd like to question if you don't mind.

On my server the Arcane Mages have been reforging their haste to mastery instead of crit to mastery where possible. Their reasons for this is more time at high mana with less haste. I've seen two mages in this thread so far doing Crit > Mastery instead. Is there specific reasoning behind it?

Well, thanx to the new profile features, I realized I'm missing a dragon's eye and I didn't have my cloak enchanted. Not sure how the later happened, must have bought it quick and logged. Other than that, I think I'm doing good for a toon that hasn't seen much love until 4.0.1 and fire became uber fun again. (though i did enjoy LB'ing the crap outta the big ICC trash pulls pre patch.)

What do the experts think, especially the haste trinket that I decided to get with all the JP burning a hole in my pocket and an aging Mithril Pocket Watch from '09.
Looks like your only upgrades would be in ICC....Get raiding!

7/10