Welcome to Warcraft - Frequent Questions

New Player Help and Guides
Prev 1 5 6 7 13 Next
09/25/2011 12:45 PMPosted by Hunterwarrio
So if I'm that child, can i play my parents's character? And if I can, what would be the best way to get help on playing the character?

You can but only with the account holders permission and it's really better to start your own character. Picking up a class at max level is very very difficult. Skills are introduced slowly for a reason so you can learn where to use what skills when.
Very Thanks!
Hello,

I don't understand this game can someone help me? gj_baldwin@laurentian.ca

Thanks!
Hello,

I don't understand this game can someone help me? <edited out person's e-mail address>

Thanks!

First don't put your email in a public forum. This forum is viewable by everyone on the internet, not just WoW players (it's creating posts/threads that only people with WoW accounts can do). Posting your email is an invitation to massive amounts of spam, trolling, and phishing (where scammers tell you somethings wrong with your account and get you to go to a fake site that looks like the one they're parodying).

Second, no one is going to walk you through the entire game and hold your hand all the time, but we can give you some pointers, tips, and do our best to clear up any confusion. If you have some questions about how to play, make your OWN THREAD in this forum and ask away.
I'm brand new. trying to track boars to kill em. How do i track??
11/25/2011 04:30 PMPosted by Elmerfud
I'm brand new. trying to track boars to kill em. How do i track??

Not by posting in a sticky. Make your own thread to ask questions, otherwise folks won't see your post and it'll get jumbled in with the discussions in the sticky.
how do I go about picking up items
11/28/2011 03:37 PMPosted by Bornallia
how do I go about picking up items

11/25/2011 06:22 PMPosted by Icedragon
Not by posting in a sticky. Make your own thread to ask questions, otherwise folks won't see your post and it'll get jumbled in with the discussions in the sticky.
Say you're coming back to WoW, and have forgotten some things, like which race is best for what class/role. What's the fastest way to getting more 85's and creating new characters on opposite factions? Thanks.
Also, THUMBS Up!
Say you're coming back to WoW, and have forgotten some things, like which race is best for what class/role. What's the fastest way to getting more 85's and creating new characters on opposite factions? Thanks.
Also, THUMBS Up!

I'm guessing those may be your questions? The people in this forum love to answer questions, but only if you put them in your own thread.
Please excuse my noobiness, but how do you create toons on another realm( i am <10 toons on account, wondering cause i want to make all my horde toons on another realm to keep simple.

sorry if i posted this in the wrong place.
sorry if i posted this in the wrong place.

For the record, there are three posts on this page of the thread telling people to ask questions in their own threads instead of in a sticky. If you want answers, please make your own thread to ask questions.
Awesome.
11/05/2010 08:27 AMPosted by Frejya
http://www.wowhead.com/
It's nice to see this thread, based on how helpful it is to players. I remember when I first started WoW 1 or 2 years ago that when I asked for help I got the "Help yourself noob" line every time. It was a dark world for me trying to figure this game out by myself, until I found out 2 of my friends play on this game and they helped me out with class clarification. Ever since then, I've been teaching THEM a thing or 2. I became a fast learner and quickly got to level 85 on perserverance alone. And whenever my friends needed me I'd be there to help in anyway, whether it was a battle, or a quest, I was there for them. Since then I now have 2 characters and will now begin a mage, something completely different from what I'm used to, I'm always looking for a new tactical change and becoming a mage may prove worthy of learning tactics of other players and how they do things. I make it my goal to help other players out, even the new players in the way the other players did not.
could you tell me where i can find imfomation on pets how to train, i tried t train one and lost it.
now every time i try to train a new one it says i have an active summons for a pet and will not let me either find the one i tried to train or cancle the summons for it, and start to train a new one plus i thought that hunters can train up too five pets
Greetings - I am having the same problem as Rannevian and would appreciate any help as I have tried googling and searching through the forums for a reason or means of changing the situation. If I remember correctly I tried the glyph to see what would happen but didnt really try to tame another pet as I felt that I hadnt really trained myself for the one I already have :) so I just dropped it - the action - (I thought).
Plus under my name the gold coloured 120 .... what does that mean? just noticed it ... cheers & thanks
The gold 120 is the number of achievement points you have. Achievement points aren't currency or anything, but just an extra little thing you can accumulate when you're bored. Go to the achievements tab once you're in the game to see a full list, or go to wowhead.com and search around.

As for your pet question, that is better addressed by posting in the Hunter forum, as they've likely seen all sorts of odd behavior:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1012664/
thank you Freyja ...