Resto 85 PvE healing guide (v. 4.1)

Druid
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
please sticky so I can stop bumping

/cry
I have been healing ICC since it was first patched in. I have done 25 and 10-man encounters. My guild right now focuses primarily on Heroic 10-man.

Ever since The Shattering, I have been having some serious mana issues in ICC. I just respecced and went from 39k mana to 44k mana. (unbuffed) I am hoping this will help.

Should I use HT more than Nourish when I need a big heal and OOC hasn't procced?
Should I keep using Rejuve liberally?
Should I just WG less?

Any advice? Thanks!

~Lia
I have been healing ICC since it was first patched in. I have done 25 and 10-man encounters. My guild right now focuses primarily on Heroic 10-man.

Ever since The Shattering, I have been having some serious mana issues in ICC. I just respecced and went from 39k mana to 44k mana. (unbuffed) I am hoping this will help.

Should I use HT more than Nourish when I need a big heal and OOC hasn't procced?
Should I keep using Rejuve liberally?
Should I just WG less?

Any advice? Thanks!

~Lia

If you reforged spirit off your gear for 4.0.1, you need to reforge the spirit BACK on your gear now. Your regen did drop in 4.0.3a because it was too high before. Spirit is now a useful stat again for you. :)
We've got spirit, yes we do!
UP!

If you reforged spirit off your gear for 4.0.1, you need to reforge the spirit BACK on your gear now. Your regen did drop in 4.0.3a because it was too high before. Spirit is now a useful stat again for you. :)

And unless I'm mistaken they upped the cost of Rejuv by a decent chunk (can't log on to see the exact number, but over 900), so it's much less spammable now. Made for an unpleasant surprise when my guild went to kill Lich King on Monday.
bump, sticky pls Blizz.
In your level 85 restoration specs, they both pick up 2/3 Moonglow and 3/3 Furor. Even though Furor may seem more appealing due to the higher mana pool, 3/3 Moonglow and 2/3 Furor will provide more mana efficiency than 2/3 Moonglow and 3/3 Furor.
In your level 85 restoration specs, they both pick up 2/3 Moonglow and 3/3 Furor. Even though Furor may seem more appealing due to the higher mana pool, 3/3 Moonglow and 2/3 Furor will provide more mana efficiency than 2/3 Moonglow and 3/3 Furor.

Except that inervate is a large portion of our mana regen, and is based on the size of our mana pool. So more mana = more mana regen
Of course Furor will return more mana via Innervate/Revitalize, but you have to remember that Innervate has been nerfed. It has already been proven that 3/3 Moonglow provides more mp5 than 3/3 Furor in the long run.

You can confirm this either via TreeCalcs or EJ.
Bump because Blizz will not sticky the post yet.
Sticky!
Sticky!
Would stacking spirit in cata be a good thing? I've always stacked spirit over int...
Would stacking spirit in cata be a good thing? I've always stacked spirit over int...

In Cata, Int is still better than spirit, BUT you will be better off picking up BOTH spirit & int as much as you can from gear (with gems in red slots being pure INT gems, and likely flasking for int).
Of course Furor will return more mana via Innervate/Revitalize, but you have to remember that Innervate has been nerfed. It has already been proven that 3/3 Moonglow provides more mp5 than 3/3 Furor in the long run.

You can confirm this either via TreeCalcs or EJ.

Yeah, but that worked better with my level 80 template spec. :)

I can adjust it after December 7th to be more min/max-ish