Any new details on cross-server mail?

General Discussion
I was looking at all the cool stuff on the new site, and noticed "Daltain @ Mug'thol" and it got me to thinking about cross-server mail. I know Blizzard is planning on implementing this, but hadn't read anything on it lately. Is there any eta on this other than "soon"? I would like to mail heirlooms to other characters on different realms.
Oh that would be sweet! I wont talk about how much I have spent in RL cash for moving BoA'a around.
I agree, we need an update regarding this issue.

With Cataclysm right around the corner, new races available, as well as new class and race combos; its time. Tons of people will be rolling new toons and/or switching servers.

Getting our BoAs to a new toon on a different server is something that should be implemented, ASAP.

With Cataclysm right around the corner, new races available, as well as new class and race combos; its time. Tons of people will be rolling new toons and/or switching servers.

Getting our BoAs to a new toon on a different server is something that should be implemented, ASAP.

I have some friends transferring to another server, but I refuse to transfer anymore. I've spent enough money transferring characters and my wife would kill me if I spent anymore on it. So, it would be nice to just level up another character on that server with heirlooms if I choose to play there a little. I can't stomach the thought of levelling without them now. I guess I'm just spoiled.

I have some friends transferring to another server, but I refuse to transfer anymore. I've spent enough money transferring characters and my wife would kill me if I spent anymore on it. So, it would be nice to just level up another character on that server with heirlooms if I choose to play there a little. I can't stomach the thought of levelling without them now. I guess I'm just spoiled.

I hear you. My husband and I both feel the same way about spending any more money on server transfers. We would also like the freedom to transfer our "heirloom gear" to other servers and level new characters on them if we become unhappy with our current servers. =)
I would also like to see this implemented. If Blizz can make it so BoAs and nothing else can be sent cross-faction on the same server, I don't see why they can't do the same cross-server. Even if there's a time delay as there would be for a character transfer. I don't particularly care if I have to wait a day or two for it to get there.

I do understand the whole 'then get an 80 on that server and get it,' but that has never been Blizzard's response to the request for it. Even if it was, that should then hold true for cross-faction - get an 80 of the opposite faction and get the heirlooms then.

Anyway, I know nothing of programming, and perhaps it's much more difficult to actually put in place than it seems.
I would be willing to bet that this will come with Blizzard's plan to eventually cross-link all of a region's battlegroups.
Q. Are there any plans to implement cross-faction/cross-realm mail(for BoA gear and such)?
A. We have cross-faction mail for BoA items now; cross-realm is a work in progress, but we hope to have it done “soon.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=23425524394&sid=1&pageNo=1#19
Q. Are there any plans to implement cross-faction/cross-realm mail(for BoA gear and such)?
A. We have cross-faction mail for BoA items now; cross-realm is a work in progress, but we hope to have it done “soon.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=23425524394&sid=1&pageNo=1#19

Right, but that was back in February and I was just hoping perhaps there was some new info on how "soon" this would be implemented.
That would be ideal for BoA transfers, although sadly I haven't found anything new about it. It would just be an epic win if they did :)

Right, but that was back in February and I was just hoping perhaps there was some new info on how "soon" this would be implemented.

Blizz never gives ETAs. They did hint that it wouldn't be ready by Cata, but maybe one of the patches down the line. There was no talk about it maybe going in with 4.1 at Blizzcon, so you can maybe hope around there or maybe 4.2. Figure 4.1 about 3 months after Cata launch.

The reason behind this is the technical issues they have behind their mail system. It really wasn't designed to be hooked up to multiple realms. They'll have to redesign the whole mail system so that it works with all realms. This could cause on foreseen issues like mailing to the wrong person or mass spam on a global level.

As for the heirlooms, I think they should be like some of the pets you get in the game. When you log in with a new character, you have them in your mail. Or better yet, you get a quest that gives no exp. or gold, but allows you to pick out heirlooms you have purchased on another character. This would be like the CE pets quests.
Well with the addition of the @ symbol it looks like its going to be the way the do it.
Well with the addition of the @ symbol it looks like its going to be the way the do it.

I hope you are right. I just noticed when clicking on other people's portrait, there is definitely an @ symbol there.
I really want this to happen. Please give us an update blizz.
Cross server probably won't happen, would make it easy to shuffle gold and stuff.

But I'd still love for x-faction between our characters.
I would definitely love to see this too.
Cross server probably won't happen, would make it easy to shuffle gold and stuff.

But I'd still love for x-faction between our characters.

Do you have any idea what this thread is about? It's not about mailing all items cross server, just BoA's.

Seems like as good a way as any, IMHO...
Please blizz. Give us an update. Just tell us if its possible and if you are planning on doing it.