Best starter team for what I have

Pet Battles
I wanna get started on battle pets and I was wondering with the pets I have which would be the best 3 to start out with to get the hang of it?
I wanna get started on battle pets and I was wondering with the pets I have which would be the best 3 to start out with to get the hang of it?

I started with a clockwork Gnome for anti-beast and self heal, a Cornish Rex Cat for anti-critter, and a Moth for anti-aquatic.
If I were you, I'd use Baby Ape, Brilliant Kaliri and Clockwork Gnome
Since most battle pets out in the world are critters with some beasts\aquatics mixed in, I would recommend you level a beast or a flyer first. The overall team composition won't matter too much at low levels unless you're actively doing pvp because one of your pets with a good moveset will usually be able to take out a team of 3 enemy pets without dying.

Try and look for a beast with the devour ability(I think most cats and raptors have this) as it will deal bonus damage vs critters and heal your pet for roughly 50% of its hp when you get a killing blow with it. Makes grinding VERY easy.

If you're talking about pvp the choices for teams are pretty much endless, but I have only really been seriously doing pvp battles for a week or so, so you'll have to wait for someone with more experience than me to help you out there.