Jesse Cox Dave Kosak interview: Lore

Moon Guard
The feeling we get as Horde doing the Purge of Dalaran is that all Horde are being slaughtered by Jaina nd her lackeys. I was so mad seeing Jaina walking around the streets and attacking civillians that were cowering in fear. And she actually was attacking them with fireballs, to only later teleport, presumably for imprisonment.

See, I always liked Jaina, even being Horde. But seeing acting like a mad dog her that way made me want to kill her. Even more because she took beloved Dalaran from me. It is my favorite capital.

Sure, my feelings for her have became a little softer in the Isle of Thunder ending, where she came a bit more into her senses. Also, I am aware that the real mad dog is actually Veeresa. But the feeling Horde gets from questing is that Jaina is the Garrosh from Alliance and must also be put down.
The feeling we get as Horde doing the Purge of Dalaran is that all Horde are being slaughtered by Jaina nd her lackeys. I was so mad seeing Jaina walking around the streets and attacking civillians that were cowering in fear. And she actually was attacking them with fireballs, to only later teleport, presumably for imprisonment.

See, I always liked Jaina, even being Horde. But seeing acting like a mad dog her that way made me want to kill her. Even more because she took beloved Dalaran from me. It is my favorite capital.

Sure, my feelings for her have became a little softer in the Isle of Thunder ending, where she came a bit more into her senses. Also, I am aware that the real mad dog is actually Veeresa. But the feeling Horde gets from questing is that Jaina is the Garrosh from Alliance and must also be put down.

Like I said, the questline form the Alliance perspective is much, much different. And that's where I believe the disconnect is.
Yep. The Alliance and Horde versions of the Dalaran situation tell very different tales. It's sort of like the Camp Taurajo incident all over.
I was so mad seeing Jaina walking around the streets and attacking civillians that were cowering in fear. And she actually was attacking them with fireballs, to only later teleport, presumably for imprisonment.

Because the Sunreavers betrayed her trust and exploited her city to attack Darnassus. She had a right to imprison them.

Did you miss that whole huge thing where her city got a giant bomb dropped on it and the people she trusted most within the Horde seemingly did nothing to stop it?

This is the kind of nonsensical stuff I'm talking about. In no way is Jaina the Garrosh of Alliance - she's completely justified in dispensing with diplomacy and going for the throat.

Rhonin was Vereesa's husband, so I'd say she's got pretty compelling reasons for taking the kid gloves off as well.
Did you miss that whole huge thing where her city got a giant bomb dropped on it and the people she trusted most within the Horde seemingly did nothing to stop it?

This is the kind of nonsensical stuff I'm talking about. In no way is Jaina the Garrosh of Alliance - she's completely justified in dispensing with diplomacy and going for the throat.

Rhonin was Vereesa's husband, so I'd say she's got pretty compelling reasons for taking the kid gloves off as well.

We have a tendency to expect more from those we put on a pedestal. That somehow, they should just know what we, as players, do. But characters in the game aren't really omniscient, at least for the most part. They operate with the information they're given, and they may be blind to information we have as players.

So what?

I didn´t like what Garrosh did to Theramore as well. That was genocide.

But I didn't like losing Dalaran either. As mage, where I am suposed to go to, now?

Garrosh did kill lots of innocent people in Theramore. And while it is not the same proportion, Jaina is also killing innocent people, while imprisoning others.

The way Jaina was painted in the Horde side of the quest makes us feel justified in pounding her face.
Garrosh did kill lots of innocent people in Theramore. And while it is not the same proportion, Jaina is also killing innocent people, while imprisoning others.

rofl, ok.
08/30/2013 10:57 AMPosted by Snootie
I honestly don't understand the amount of hate she gets.

I hate her because she forces my newly-90 Alliance characters to go through like 6 scenarios to unlock the damned Isle of Thunder dailies.

Despicable.
I hate her because she forces my newly-90 Alliance characters to go through like 6 scenarios to unlock the damned Isle of Thunder dailies.

Despicable.

Eugh, that tramp.

Lor'themar does the same thing to me. They're both tramps.
Anyone else think it's funny how Jesse Cox is having nerdy lore conversations with Blizzard people and yet he comes to our server to troll?
Anyone else think it's funny how Jesse Cox is having nerdy lore conversations with Blizzard people and yet he comes to our server to troll?

I watch a lot of his videos and the TGS podcast, and cringe whenever he and Total Biscuit/Dodger say how much he's into Lore and story. I miss Pride :/ That guy knew his !@#$.
08/30/2013 10:50 PMPosted by Vaeridon

I watch a lot of his videos and the TGS podcast, and cringe whenever he and Total Biscuit/Dodger say how much he's into Lore and story. I miss Pride :/ That guy knew his !@#$.

I don't care about him liking or not liking the lore so much as I care about the fact that he's a major reason why our server is so reviled, yet he's seriously into this stuff.
08/30/2013 10:59 PMPosted by Nikephoros

I don't care about him liking or not liking the lore so much as I care about the fact that he's a major reason why our server is so reviled, yet he's seriously into this stuff.

I wasn't disagreeing with you. Sorry if my post sounded contradictory.

Though, he seems to be a genuinely pretty nice guy, so I don't think his intent was necessarily malicious, just very misguided. Though I may be biased because I enjoy a lot of his content.

I don't really see how he has to respect Moon Guard because he's invested in the game's lore.
08/30/2013 11:08 PMPosted by Apahote

I don't really see how he has to respect Moon Guard because he's invested in the game's lore.

Because you can't really be a lore dweeb and implicitly hold yourself as somehow less nerdy than a role player?

I'm not the biggest Moon Guard patriot on the server, but it wasn't until Cox made his stupid little web series about our server that I started getting ridiculed for being from MG (even though the scoreboard would have me at top KDR and DPS).

It takes precious seconds to say, "Scoreboard bro" every BG. On the other hand, it can sometimes be fun raging people from PvP servers who MUST assert their epeen against a FILTHY NO SKILL RPER.
It takes precious seconds to say, "Scoreboard bro" every BG. On the other hand, it can sometimes be fun raging people from PvP servers who MUST assert their epeen against a FILTHY NO SKILL RPER.
We got that on Kirin Tor and Kirin Tor is a no-name backwater. This is not something exclusive to Moon Guard.

Because you can't really be a lore dweeb and implicitly hold yourself as somehow less nerdy than a role player?

I'm not the biggest Moon Guard patriot on the server, but it wasn't until Cox made his stupid little web series about our server that I started getting ridiculed for being from MG (even though the scoreboard would have me at top KDR and DPS).

Never really been ridiculed about my server, for the years I've been here. Not really sure what to tell you. It seems a little circumstantial. I certainly wouldn't blame Jesse Cox if some guy tries to goad me for playing on an RP server.

Sure, the jokes he made were low hanging fruit. Goldshire humour is not exactly funny to -us-, since we actually know the reality of the situation. I'm almost certain he does as well... But it's still easy to pick on Moon Guard, because our server, like it or not, has a reputation.