Warlock void walker solo warbringer with ease

General Discussion
I just watched a void walker with 170k health tank a warbringer and it's health never moved from 100%

Is this working as intended?
Can't every class solo them? Doesn't really seem like an issue.
I just watched a void walker with 170k health tank a warbringer and it's health never moved from 100%

Is this working as intended?

properly spec'd yes, working as intended
Would you be more, or less outraged if the warlock tanked it himself? I'm just trying to envision a scenario in which the lock solos a warbringer without you gettin all mad.
At 500 ilvl my warlock had to move the Voidlord to avoid the Spirit. At 525 it can just sit in one place and take it.

Working as Intended.

Tanks and kiters can. If you're melee or a ranged without an effective warbringer-kiting toolbox you're gonna need to bring a friend.
08/30/2013 03:42 PMPosted by Nakhara

Tanks and kiters can. If you're melee or a ranged without an effective warbringer-kiting toolbox you're gonna need to bring a friend.

I can solo them as ret. Most ranged at least have dots or some instant cast.

The only ones that might not be able to are rogues, but they have shuriken toss and deadly throw.

It might take a long time, but I think everyone could manage to get them down.
#workingasintended
It might take a long time, but I think everyone could manage to get them down.

Might be possible with gear now. I haven't tried in a while but they hit like trucks on non-tanks.
It's how several talents and abilities complement one another so well there.

Soul Link divides the damage between your pet and yourself, such that both you and the pet will die at about the same time. Your health pools stay relatively close to one another. Void Shield reduces that incoming damage by a big chunk. Soul Leach absorbs even more of that damage. Twilight Ward absorbs the damage you take from Soul Link.

Combined, all those abilities mean that the Warbringer is doing basically squat to you.
And the Voidwalker -I should add, Gorkag- knows how to shift to the rear when a cast strike is about to land in a forward cone. They gave pets/minions a type of intuitive basic AI.
And the Voidwalker -I should add, Gorkag- knows how to shift to the rear when a cast strike is about to land in a forward cone. They gave pets/minions a type of intuitive basic AI.

That affects them?

I assumed my VL always just ate it. The Warbringer never turned around after a cast.
I am not mad. I am just curious if that is working as intended. I remember lock's soloing the Sarathon +3.
i have only recently come back to wow, my warlock has been 90 for about a week I guess

It constantly amazes me what voidy can tank without tanking any damage, I can do so much stuff that I am not really geared enough to do thanks to Mr Voidwalker

edit: he is also a threat machine, it too funny to pull extra mobs and watch them make a beeline for me and then just veer off and attack the voidwalker instead for no apparent reason