Warlock for 5.4 PVP

Warlock
I've recently returned to WOW and ran an arms warrior to 90. I'm only pvp minded, no PVE. The warrior is fun but I want a ranged pvp toon.

Based on the forums, locks are looking good. I was hoping for advice on which spec is good for pvp - affliction?

Can I get someone to provide links for youtube guides on pvping so I can an idea of what rotation to prioritize. Right now I am having some trouble with dps within instances and pvp but I'm still trying to figure out what to prioritize first.

Finally which class would match best with for 2s and 3s.
Thanks
There is no rotation, and the priority depends on how long you can stand still. It just takes practice.
Unfortunately atm warlocks are actually the single worst pvp class. But for pvp I prefer demo but that's just my style. They all work just about equally you just have to learn to play each. Destro I would say is hardest due to the chance of being interrupted more. Affliction is decent and lets you dish out some good damage while not having very long cast times. But I prefer demo for the wrathguards stun, the slow from hand of gul'dan, the interrupt from carrion swarm, and the burst from imp swarm. Demo is more utility. So its all up to you really but don't get too used to it because we get changes allllll the time
Unfortunately atm warlocks are actually the single worst pvp class

No...not at all...in RBGs pretty much every rbg team has a warlock of some sorts. The spread pressure / AoE damage destro locks can put out is really good. Affliction has the rolling dot spread. While destro has the hardcasted heavy AoE and AoE slow as well as the on demand burst with chaos bolt and conflag combo. Plus destro has some insane survivability making hard switching onto destro locks not all that benefitial.

Arena wise id say Destro tends to be the harder to progress with due to all the hardcasting and pillar humping. Demo is fine for 2s ...not really bothered with 3s so wouldnt know. But the burst and the AoE pressure is there as well as the gateway and circle utility, can make or break a match.

of course this is all overshadowed by the classes that are overtuned this season. PvP warlocks arnt in a bad place..i admit its not the best but its far far from the worst.
nfortunately atm warlocks are actually the single worst pvp class

Any proof to support this claim? I hear this about nearly every class and most of the time I find it to be unwarranted.
So terrible that we're present on the top 4 Arena Tournament teams.
09/03/2013 09:39 AMPosted by Johais

Any proof to support this claim? I hear this about nearly every class and most of the time I find it to be unwarranted.

In 5.3 for players in 2200+ warlocks tend to fall somewhere near the middle.
Go Warlock if you enjoy getting owned by melee cause of there insane amount of interrupts. I was on the PTR yesterday and couldn't escape from this one rogue then he popped his one shot macro ( /use killing spree ) and killed me. I wouldn't recommend going Lock till we get some sort of buff some how. Go Mage Blizzard loves Mages.

Exactly
09/03/2013 09:39 AMPosted by Johais

My proof? Its called patch notes and dev bias my friend. And Galexiia many things you mentioned are getting nerfed hard. And we are one of few classes incapable of popping heavy cools such as terrorguard yet stampede and bubble are still going strong. Trust me we will never be in that good of a place with the odds stacked the way they are. And those warlocks in the higher teirs are in 5.3 not 5.4, if they manage to maintain their positions then they must have some amazing players behind them

My proof? Its called patch notes and dev bias my friend. And Galexiia many things you mentioned are getting nerfed hard. And we are one of few classes incapable of popping heavy cools such as terrorguard yet stampede and bubble are still going strong. Trust me we will never be in that good of a place with the odds stacked the way they are. And those warlocks in the higher teirs are in 5.3 not 5.4, if they manage to maintain their positions then they must have some amazing players behind them
Affilication is going to absolutely destroy if it goes live the way it is.

Destruction didn't really get nerfed or buffed depending on how you look at it anyway.

Cobrak explains it all pretty well in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpdaIynJVJ8

edit: And this more recent video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLZ7TzZua5I

Warlocks are well off in PVP and PVE right now, and will be great (even better if you play affilication) next patch
from my experience in bgs LOCKS are AWESOME.

also if you people pile up on you then YES you are in for a world of hurt... but isn't that sort of working as intended if you have five people focusing you and none of your team is helping? any toon dies then.

also if you DON'T use your PORTAL AND your GATEWAY then you are GIMPING yourself... but if you USE BOTH of them then it is SUPER FUN and it is great escape. with the regen of stone and talent regen that is really good. the one minute bubble is really good. the stuns and silences and what not... mixed in with great burst (demo and destro) is really nice.

i see destro locks top killing blows AND damage AND have very little deaths or NO deaths often.
Your top 2 affliction comps for 5.4 are most likely going to be MLD and !@#. MLD has the most cc of any comp but you need communication to make it work. When played well it can best anything. Haunt will be used in conjunction with a deep to burst down a kill target. The comp works both as affliction/Frost and as Destro/Fire. However, with Destro the comp is hamstrung with respect to damage until a Burt's is set up. Ember tap gives Destro a survivability edge but offers less pressure than affliction.

$%^ is affliction's wheelhouse. The eke shaman will always be the kill target so the affliction lock will be free casting. And you will have a lot to do, all control will rest on the warlock. Basically you will keep the opposing teams health at just under half with DOTS, force trinkets, dispel/eat traps and use fears and howl to set up Shaman--ele burst will kill any target with less than 50 % health but the shaman has to be alive, and allowed a few seconds to free cast to do it. Both comps are fun, allow for creative strategy, and are true teams requiring a complete and coordinated team effort.

Destro/Windwalker/Resto Sham is best for utilizing Destro burst/executes. You have to set up the kills by forcing cc's and generating embers. When ready, a full fear into a leg sweep will set up a Dark Soul/conflag x 2/Chaos Bolt/Shadowflame which will kill anyone. If you don't set it up right you will have to wait another 2 minutes to try again.

Demo is fun in 2a. It has the highest survivability but offer little in the way of pressure and dues not have a guaranteed execute rotation like Destro.

There will possibly be other comps but those are the three they everyone agrees are viable.
DO NOT listen to this guy, he has everything backwards.

1. This guy says Destro is the hardest due to interrupts yet fails to mention Affliction which currently relies on a channel to do damage. Even in 5.4 Affliction will still be channeling MG. Cast times aren't a problem with destroy if you're smart and you know how to CC and kite. In fact, in 5.4 since KJC doesn't snare anymore then you'll be able to kite much easier with Incinerate. You shouldn't be casting CB when a melee is in your face anyway.

2. What a tool. Yeah Dots are mostly instant but you have to CHANNEL MG to do damage, again even in 5.4 it'll still be a factor. This guy contradicts himself left and right.

Wrathguard stun = Shadowfury for Destro. You can have 2 stuns w/ Shadowfury as Demo but they DR.
Gul'Dan slow = Conflagrate for Destro, same damn thing.
Carrion Swarm = Fellash for Destro, same damn thing.

Unfortunately atm warlocks are actually the single worst pvp class. But for pvp I prefer demo but that's just my style. They all work just about equally you just have to learn to play each. Destro I would say is hardest due to the chance of being interrupted more. Affliction is decent and lets you dish out some good damage while not having very long cast times. But I prefer demo for the wrathguards stun, the slow from hand of gul'dan, the interrupt from carrion swarm, and the burst from imp swarm. Demo is more utility. So its all up to you really but don't get too used to it because we get changes allllll the time
09/03/2013 07:41 AMPosted by Zolfar
Unfortunately atm warlocks are actually the single worst pvp class.

Woah, STOP right there, say no more. Move along.
I have been debating weather or not to go back to stand and cast but its a tough call,cast times are so long for destro its sucks and only have a few spells to cast on the run is kinda seems like a waste of a good talent pt... Seem like all the lvl 90 talents for us are crappy.. gonna try affliction and see if I can make the two work together some how

ignore this guy, he cant even break 1500

ok so srsly, locks are extremely strong, (im sure he means in duels they suck lol)

in duels demo is where its at, your strong, but thats not what id consider pvp

for 3s, 5s, and rbgs - affy locks are prolly one of the strongest class now that our dots got a buff and haunt makes them even more deadly

basically dot spread EVERYTHING in rbgs/bgs and in 3s and 5s keep your dots up on everything and fill with MF and haunt main target, locks are rly strong this patch
09/03/2013 04:42 PMPosted by Zolfar

Looking at your gear and achievs, I agree "you" are the single worst pvp class.