Stats change who's going to Quit

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11
08/27/2013 02:57 PMPosted by Bashiok
Fair enough. How about we compromise and still do the squish, but - hear me out - but allow you to still do 100% of your damage?

I think we would like, instead of a flip comment, some real answers.

1) Why? Is it a technical reason, a gameplay reason, or simple megaloarithmophobia.

2) Exactly what is the buff that will allow old content to be soloed? This is important for many players.

3) If there is no real reason behind it other than "big numbers are bad", why is the dev work going into solving a problem that does not exist?

If this is going to be thrust upon us regardless, atleast communicate a bit better about it like you did with CRZ.
A few people beat me to the math part, but I still like the idea of a squish.

You will still kill things just as fast, and you will die to things just as fast, the numbers are just smaller.
The reductions proposed by GC are a lot more than a small fraction. They start at 30% for lvl 60 content, and ramp up bordering close to 70-75% for Wrath gear.

Manslayer of the Qiraji would be 24 str, 10agil and 14 stam(24 secondary stat)
Glorenzelg, High-Blade of the Silver Hand would be 51 str, 70 stat and 87 stam base(157 secondary stat)

Good that they are more than a small fraction, I wouldn't mind starting 6.0 with an ilvl of ~150 with all previous expansions gear spread out among 1-150.
Aside from that though if I do 183468312 damage or 18346831 those numbers are just difficult to tell apart during combat.

Indeed but its pretty easy to tell the difference in 200000 and 200. Which are the kind of numbers we've heard thrown around with this squish.
Im piss'd off.......
huehuehue
People who say stat squish won't affect people are delusional.

One of my favorite things to do is go solo old content. I guess Blizzard is a-ok with kicking me to the curb for dubious improvements, with murky reasons.
Aside from that though if I do 183468312 damage or 18346831 those numbers are just difficult to tell apart during combat.

This sounds like you're justifying the squish on the basis of claiming that people mental math their damage while engaged in raid combat. Was this intended or am I reading it wrong?
08/27/2013 03:31 PMPosted by Subjectalpha

Couldn't you just scale down damage and then scale down mob HP accordingly? I'd much sooner see that than see "LFG H Scenario, must do 3.2 million dps". I mean, "bigger gun theory" only sounds awesome if you never played the old Palladium game Rifts...

Mega-damage.....yuck

Exactly. Given that this has been suggested as a solution by developers, it's probably best to let them know that...no, no one found it "fun" who actually did it.
08/27/2013 04:25 PMPosted by Solaru
Fair enough. How about we compromise and still do the squish, but - hear me out - but allow you to still do 100% of your damage?

I think we would like, instead of a flip comment, some real answers.

1) Why? Is it a technical reason, a gameplay reason, or simple megaloarithmophobia.

2) Exactly what is the buff that will allow old content to be soloed? This is important for many players.

3) If there is no real reason behind it other than "big numbers are bad", why is the dev work going into solving a problem that does not exist?

If this is going to be thrust upon us regardless, atleast communicate a bit better about it like you did with CRZ.

After 2 minutes on google search:

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/08/24/item-squish-extremely-likely-for-wows-next-expansion/
Adding a buff in for soloing old content is laughable. We really need to be buffed to solo old raids now? fail blizz
Gonna lock this thread as there's already a lengthy thread running on this topic. We don't have any additional information beyond the comments made in recent interviews that some kind of "item squish" is likely, but we'll certainly keep everyone informed when we have actual details or plans to share.