Stats change who's going to Quit

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 11 Next
Troll

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Many people apparently have no idea what a stat squish means (or not).
08/27/2013 02:57 PMPosted by Bashiok
Fair enough. How about we compromise and still do the squish, but - hear me out - but allow you to still do 100% of your damage?

Flippant remarks aside for the moment how about you give us some actual information on the subject, such as:

Is there a technical reason for a squish or is it just because some developers don't like big numbers?

If a squish is to be performed how will you solve off level content and if it is to be a buff how will you balance it and can you guarantee 100% it will be an identical experience to what it is now?
My manhood grows with each increase of my intell and healing numbers; it's hard to sit at times and I like that. Squish our numbers, might as well just neuter me Blizzard. Oh the Goblininty of it all!
08/27/2013 03:06 PMPosted by Paperthin
well this furom is not a complete waste besides the trolls....

You started things off in a hostile, abusive manner.

That's like blood in the water, dude.

You have no one to blame but yourself for smearing yourself in fish guts then going swimming in great white shark territory. Calling people who disagree with you trolls doesn't help, either.
So, how would you combat bosses hitting the health cap (Ra-den could on 25 man), and having tot full of add fights and health reset phases to compensate, while still allowing us to do 500k-1M DPS next expansion?

This.
Tarlana

Trolls trolls trolls what will you do with yourselves when you get older and your voices change and hair grows in strange places... Grow up really....

1. Doesn't understand the purpose of the squish.
2. Can't form a legitamate arguement, so is going to call everyone a troll for not agreeing with him.

Why can't blizzard lock these threads faster?

The stat squish will combat the rampant inflation of stats, and will bring the numbers in formulas down to a point that it will actually reduce the load that comes with every single action their system have to compute. If numbers keep on inflating they will have to start increasing the size of databases and such.

BTW im not calling everyone trolls really just those who would rather spell check and run there mouths rather putting anything in forums that useful and they know who they are..
Tarlana

Trolls trolls trolls what will you do with yourselves when you get older and your voices change and hair grows in strange places... Grow up really....

1. Doesn't understand the purpose of the squish.
2. Can't form a legitamate arguement, so is going to call everyone a troll for not agreeing with him.

Why can't blizzard lock these threads faster?

The stat squish will combat the rampant inflation of stats, and will bring the numbers in formulas down to a point that it will actually reduce the load that comes with every single action their system have to compute. If numbers keep on inflating they will have to start increasing the size of databases and such.

BTW im not calling everyone trolls really just those who would rather spell check and run there mouths rather putting anything in forums that useful and they know who they are..

To get a quote of another post, click the speech balloon button on the bottom right side of the post you're wanting to quote.
Typhanei

You have no one to blame but yourself for smearing yourself in fish guts then going swimming in great white shark territory. Calling people who disagree with you trolls doesn't help, either.

And again not calling people who have something useful to say trolls, just those who are trolling....
Fair enough. How about we compromise and still do the squish, but - hear me out - but allow you to still do 100% of your damage?

Don't listen to this guy. Stat Squish is a Great Idea.
Typhanei

And again not calling people who have something useful to say trolls, just those who are trolling....

You know there is a quote button right? It makes things less confusing to read.
Item squish FTW
Yes i know sorry i choose to cut n paste sry my bad ...lol
One of the most ridiculous reasons to think of quitting IMHO.

Cheers.

I seem to recall you saying you were quitting over crz a year ago before you discovered Venture Co, just because you don't care about it does not mean you should ridicule people that do.
Well, I'm out only because it feels wrong in my brain, I love ya blizzard but with a squish it'll make me feel like I was nerfed, or in a past PAC, making me feel like I'm progressing backwards, when the squish happens I'm sorry to say ill leave.

No point in trying to explain it to these fools.

And again, you invited it by starting off with, effectively, trolling.

The dominant attitude on the WoW forums is that if a thread begins with insult, abuse, and primarily irrational behavior, that the thread is fair game for anyone who wishes to engage in troll-like behavior - essentially, "He started it!" This even applies to people who, in more reasonable settings, are generally helpful or at least inclined towards rational debate.

The actual trolls are the ones who will be insulting and abusive even if the thread up to their arrival has been calm and reasonable. What you are dealing with is primarily the people who wish to entertain themselves, or blow off steam, or otherwise kick over the dustbins at an already-rundown house.

Or, to go back to my earlier metaphor - the ones who smelled blood in the water.
08/27/2013 03:09 PMPosted by Judgernaught

Flippant remarks aside for the moment how about you give us some actual information on the subject, such as:

Is there a technical reason for a squish or is it just because some developers don't like big numbers?

If a squish is to be performed how will you solve off level content and if it is to be a buff how will you balance it and can you guarantee 100% it will be an identical experience to what it is now?

What difference does it make? Are you implying that if they don't answer questions to your satisfaction you will quit?